Anyone (UK) going to Led Zeppelin?

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
So Led Zeppelin plays tonight for the first time in over 20 years in London to a crowd of 20,000 (11 million put in for tickets).

I had tickets to see them in Los Angeles back when I was in 7th grade when Bonham died...heartbreaking.

Of course, there probably aren't a ton of Zep fans on here, but at one time I could play just about every JPJ lick...

So Led Zeppelin plays tonight for the first time in over 20 years in London to a crowd of 20,000 (11 million put in for tickets).

I had tickets to see them in Los Angeles back when I was in 7th grade when Bonham died...heartbreaking.

Of course, there probably aren't a ton of Zep fans on here, but at one time I could play just about every JPJ lick...

If I was able to, I would!

My wife and I won the 'lottery', but decided not to go.

Actually glad, since we would have had to delay our trip when he broke his finger, and I'm not exactly sure what that would have cost.

I've been an avid fan for 22 years but I can't help feeling that they are perhaps a little too old to carry it off now. I would be a little scared that seeing them try and play now would destroy some of the magic.

I saw Page & Plant play in Glasgow back when they released the No Quarter unplugged album (I think it was around '95) and I really enjoyed it but couldn't get away from the feeling that it was a couple of old men playing at being Zeppelin.

The album they released together after that (Walking into Clarksdale) was a huge disappointment mainly due to Robert Plants inability to sing without whining.

I guess all of that is really just me trying to convince myself that I didn't really want to go when the truth is probably that I would have jumped at the chance if it had presented itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
First video is up: Kashmir

I have to hand it to them, when you consider their age this performance is very impressive. I believe my father watched them play live at The Forum (Montreal) in 1975, which was apparently before their drummer died.

A little off topic, but for those die hard Zeppelin fans, you may be interested to know there's an entire channel on XM devoted to everything Led Zeppelin.

A little off topic, but for those die hard Zeppelin fans, you may be interested to know there's an entire channel on XM devoted to everything Led Zeppelin.

When a radio station was changing formats (i.e. changing from classic rock to country or something like that) when I was in school, it played "Rock and Roll" for about a week straight, without interruption.

On Monday night Channel 4 showed a half hour section of Zeppelin live at Madison Square Garden from 73. I assume it was the same gig that was used for the Song Remains The Same (Live album and Movie).

The interesting bit is that it included two tracks that are not on the album and not on the original film (DVD or VHS). It had The Ocean and Misty Mountain Hop (as well as Black Dog and Since I've Been Loving You which appeared to be the same performances from the album etc).

I see that they have just released a new two disc special edition of the Song Remains The Same so presumably these extra songs are on there.

I had never heard Misty Mountain Hop live before.

Back to the subject of the concert, going on the online comments I have read it would appear that they were on form. It would have been much easier to handle not being able to go if they had played badly :cry:.

Back