Best Place to find a Wii

ebay has loads of them all for too much money. Other than that its going to be pretty much regional.

You're kidding. A year after launch and the Wii is still sold for more than retail on Ebay? :LOL: I wish I could send an email to myself about 18 months ago! This is comical.

You're kidding. A year after launch and the Wii is still sold for more than retail on Ebay? :LOL: I wish I could send an email to myself about 18 months ago! This is comical.

Anything which is supply constrained is likely available for too much money on ebay.

Where is the best and most likely place to find a Wii in the US/Canada?

retail stores in about 3 months. you waited until the worst possible time of the year to ask that question.

if you're trying to get away as cheaply as possible i'd still suggest waiting, they cant be that far from a price drop. If not then stick to checking something like Amazon.com on and off daily.

You'd be surprised by how many Wiis you can find in local stores on a morning when folks aren't around. Granted, it will be that much tougher now that it's the holidays, but I would check with your local Costco, Game Crazy, Target, Toys R Us, and/or Walmart and ask when they usually get shipments in. Then, I would be dedicated about calling around that time to ask about availability.

picked one up yesterday for the kid's (and my :)) Christmas. Got it because my Game Crazy manager held one for me (they never do that) as a favor.

17 came in and went out in 1 hour.

It is pretty pathetic that Nintendo cant keep up with the demand/keeps the console in a shortage on purpose. Whichever theory your prefer. Personally, I believe the later.

I'm not sure they're (still?) keeping it short on purpose, particularly now that PS3 has surpassed Wii in weekly sales in the homeland.

It is pretty pathetic that Nintendo cant keep up with the demand/keeps the console in a shortage on purpose. Whichever theory your prefer. Personally, I believe the later.

yes all those first hand accounts of people seeing them come into their retail stores weekly in bundles of a dozen or more and selling out in a matter of hours must be planted nintendo marketers trying to hype up demand! Its actually selling like garbage! Even this OP is a plant. And this one! And this one! And this one (Irony!:LOL:)! And this one!

My god and thats just recently and only in our little B3D hovel! Surely the Wii must not actually be selling out, they are ALL PLANTS!

THE WII IS A LIE!!!
THE WII IS A LIE!!!
THE WII IS A LIE!!!

I dont see what is so hard to beleive about it being an extremely popular toy phenomenon which happens to be on many peoples wish lists, every holiday has them. Remember the stupid Tickle Me Elmo dolls? People literally got trampled for those damn things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you even know how ridiculous you sound? Nintendo can't just start a plant out of the blue to produce Wii's. What happens once demand finally does die down? That's right, you're million (potentially billion) of dollars plant is worthless. Nintendo is selling 450,000 Wii's a month in the US alone. That is a hell of a lot of consoles. They have no need to purposely keep consoles in shortage.

Nintendo might be holding back 100,000 units or more a month for this holiday season, but that's to be expected. They need those units to meet demand for the holidays or else they'll have many seriously pissed off customers. The Wii is a phenomenon and they're fighting incredibly hard to produce as many consoles as they possibly can. But you just can't go "Hey Boby, we need a new production plant by Tuesday" and be greeted with "I'll be right on that." Business does not work that way.

My Walmart has had them almost every week for the last couple months. You may just need to casually pop into stores... maybe make a few friends there :p

Most hardcore gamers go for places like EB and Walmart,go for lesser chains like Zellers or Sears.
Nintendo is producing 1.8 million per/month.
Another thing that seems to be happening besides the inevitable Wii on Ebay thing is that GH3 seems to be going on sale for higher prices on Ebay as well. What's going on with Nintendo's production problems of games as well? Did they not anticipate high sales of Wii GH3?

I doubt Nintendo is the one who is producing the GH3 controller (which is clearly the part that would hamper how much are produced). Could be wrong, just doesn't make much sense.

or nz, walk into any store + choose one (the wii is selling the worst from the 3 consoles)

I still have yet to see a Wii on a store shelf here in Cali. Not once. I'm starting to wonder if this Wii console really exists, or if its just some elaborate practical joke ;)

Back