Burnout: Paradise City

Isn't that under the Xbox Originals in the XBLM? What is their policy in releasing titles in the XBLM? XBLA has the 350mb (correct me if I am wrong) size limit. Sorry, but I have not used a 360 in a very long time.

Crimson Skies was an original Xbox game. But honestly, if Microsoft wants to bend the rules for Burnout Paradise, they will.

Actually, doesn't the PS3 have a hard limit of 4GB for a single file?

Crimson Skies was an original Xbox game. But honestly, if Microsoft wants to bend the rules for Burnout Paradise, they will.

Actually, doesn't the PS3 have a hard limit of 4GB for a single file?

The 4-5gb limit is for game installs off disc but as far as downloadable titles are concerned I don't think there is a limit. Siren, in total, is 9gb.

I believe the 4Gb/file limit is imposed by FAT32 on the external USB drive. The internal PS3 HDD may not have such a limit.

I believe the 4Gb/file limit is imposed by FAT32 on the external USB drive. The internal PS3 HDD may not have such a limit.

Actually, I was thinking about a technical document I saw earlier, though I suppose the pkg files might be compressed and expand to something bigger. Also, Sony had a PSN presentation during GDC, I think the slides went up on Joystiq or something like that. And there they had filesize limitations: PSP games are limited to 1.8Gigs, PS3 to 4G.

Those are probably limits imposed above the file system layer.

I have seen user reports about copying and playing files larger than 4Gb on the PS3. e.g.,

* Using m2ts container: http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/RipBot264_PS3_Xbox_360_Guide_page3.html

... this method allows you to use a M2TS container to hold your H.264 file, and allows for increased file size supports (MP4 playback on the PS3 is limited to 4 GB, which is pretty useless for HD video files). ...

* Using DLNA copy: http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?p=872113

i use nero to transfer it over, nero mediahome, lets you transfer them over, may take a little while but it gets there, took me like maybe less than an hour to transfer a movie that was 4.5 gb

They should give it some love by making it like the US PSN.

Heck even adding a "Latest Demos" link would improve it ten fold.

downloaded this from PSN. Played a lot the last couple of days, i like it. Environmental graphics aren't all that, but the framerate is rock solid and i think the cars (not the normal trafic cars) look great, and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Enjoying it a lot actually, great sense of speed, and a lot of varied stuff to do. Lots of cars, lots of different cars, good sound. Aside from the pain of having to drive everywhere for events, this game is a lot of fun.

And CRASHES ARE AWESOME!!! Looks great! Never gets boring!!! Also i love to play those rampage missions, really enjoying the takedowns and their crash physics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ostepop; you got it just recently and missed out on most of the problems the game initially had :p For instance, there didn't used to be a restart race option.

Good game though.

Yeah, the game just got a 1.9 update, also supporting the new island extension, which adds about 25%? to the game as well as a few new mechanics stuff like I think some kind of Midnight Club style event cones showing you where the events are?

It's a pretty amazing game though the actual gameplay of it I'm not fully sold on. The multiplayer is a fair bit of fun and just mucking about, crashing the occasional gate and making the occasional super jump is great, and the crashes are just incredibly awesome.

I'm thinking about buying the island, I will for sure at some point but I want to have time to enjoy it. Anyone tried it?

I got it, it's beautiful, and quite large. There's a huge amount of alternative routes and little side-passages etc (and I do mean HUGE). And the attention to detail as well as texturing is stunning. Very very nicely done.

It's not terribly cheap though, but if you do like the game it's a good buy. No doubt about it. I loved messing about on the island in the back to the future vehicle, getting some giant jumps with it...! ;)

Bought the downloadable version of the game tonight, I was a little worried about the health of my optical drive from all the streaming when driving across town in some of the ridiculously fast vehicles available in the game. Until the slimline PS3 comes out and I'm able to afford one, I will try to be real careful with my launch unit. I hear some people have worn out their bluray optical pickups and whatnot, and as mine is a rather early PS3 it might not have the longevity of later models...

However! I was truly dismayed when I noticed it did not seamlessly use my old save file, but rather started a new one. Had to try and recreate the rather cool driver's license shot I took for the first race... Sorta worked, didn't turn out quite as well as the first one I'm afraid.

Of course, all my stats and progress was reset too, not that it really matters that much. I never got very "far" (considering it's a free-roaming game); I only bothered to race and win enough for 3rd-level driver's license I think, but still... Kinda sux I had to start over.

Yeah, unfortunately disc releases and download releases are different SKUs with different IDs, so they get their own, non-shareable save files too. It's the same with GT5 Prologue for instance.

Is "coop" party play only for the DLC pack? I thought it had "coop" out of the box? (Not seeing how to enter that mode if so).

Is "coop" party play only for the DLC pack?

Yes, for offline anyway. And iirc it's not split screen or anything, just a bunch of party modes, but I didn't get that pack and my memory is a bit hazy right now.

The default package 'only' has online multiplayer, where the stunts you have to perform with multiple cars I would consider online coop.

If there is a game that should have been remastered its this game !
Played some on my pc again and damn the game is so much unabashed fun ! Why can't game be such fun anymore??? Fast frenetic and celebratory!!!

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Back