Burnout: Paradise City

I just hopped online for the first time with it, and I have to say that the amount of fun I had while playing it is baffling.

reflections are better on PS3 and some say the framerate stutters in rare occasions on 360 (very minor stutters though). both are minor differences... i doubt anyone will skip out on the 360 version because of this. i think Burnout is closer than even CoD4; its probably the closest multiplatform game released so far.

Every comparison I have read has the PS3 superior. Much smoother frame rate and extra eye candy. If reviews reflect this I could see many 360 owners skipping out on it. I think it is a very big risk to make the superior version the one on the console that moves much less software. If a developer thinks it is easier to do it PS3 to 360 fine but the 360 version better be identical or risk pissing off a user base who buys a crap load of games.

By the sounds of it, they started development before the PS3 was the designated third horse. They haven't ruined the game, it just doesn't run quite so well. Also, if what nAo etc. have said, targeting for the PS3 should mean good performance on the 360.

reflections are better on PS3 and some say the framerate stutters in rare occasions on 360 (very minor stutters though). both are minor differences... i doubt anyone will skip out on the 360 version because of this. i think Burnout is closer than even CoD4; its probably the closest multiplatform game released so far.

Apparently also the crashes have more bits and pieces flying around on the PS3? But I've also read that the road textures look a bit better on 360 (though that may be due to lack of a speed blur effect as much as better filtering or memory use, I don't know). The important part of it though is whether or not the 360 version runs better than comparable other 360 games. In theory, it should.

Anyway, it's obvious that they managed to create an engine that makes great use out of both systems. Hopefully they'll set a trend. ;) That and the unreal engine now running well on the PS3 and the OS not taking up as much memory should help with future multi-platform games.

Played Burnout over the weekend - didn't quite get the online mode and how I suddenly had friends on my userlist appear in the city along side me - but, DAMN, it was very good fun.

Despite everything I said about this title, Criterion has done it again and this is definately a day-one must-buy for me.

Kuddos Criterion. :D

Downloaded this the other day and thought it was very good, tried online last night and wow, very easy and great fun with the leader board.

Is their any way to race online in the demo or is it just the rankings?

What if the game sells way better on the 360, doyouthink other editors/dev team will go through this extra effort/time/money ?

That's very much depending on whether or not Burnout is perceived to have competitive advantages over competing titles. If the game is a big success, that could be partly because the development strategy paid off and rendered a big, good looking, open world title with seamless online, decent physics (great damage physics I think!), particles, effects, and 720p 2xAA @ 60fps?

After all, the PS3 lead didn't so much mean that they made an engine that works better on PS3 and worse on 360, but they made an engine that works better on PS3 vs other types of engine on the same platform, and works better on 360 vs other type of engines on the same platform. Right?

Anyway, played the demo for a bit, but so far I'm not getting that Burnout 3 vibe...

I think you should play longer. I was momentarily underwhelmed, but I've been trying it a few more times and it's dragging me in. I can see myself buy this end of January.

I think you should play longer. I was momentarily underwhelmed, but I've been trying it a few more times and it's dragging me in. I can see myself buy this end of January.

And it seems (from the menus) that more challenges will be unlocked as time goes by.

Plus the Demo map seems VERY small compared to the actual map, hopefully the immersion will get stronger as you can actual see how the landscape and surroundings change.

Played it once, alone. The control is somewhat similar to MotorStorm (which I like). The environment is varied; many areas to explore.

The demo is great because it is done properly. It tells me when the game is coming out, it teaches me what other options are available as I poke around the map, it leads me further and further into the game. The game seems very deep to me at this point. Have not ventured online yet.

I will come back to it once I settle down.

Got my demo today :smile:

I missed so much for last whole week. :LOL:

Anyways the game plays great. Looks like a 60fps game to me (is this right?)

Most importantly the game supports letterbox, thank God I can take advantage of wider fov and crisp High Definition gaming.

[modhat]This thread has been very temporarily closed as I move the cross-platform development discussion out. Every time I move the last post, some ninny goes posts something else! The Cross platform discussion is now taking place here, leaving this thread clear to talk about whether the latest Burnout is any good as a game or not.

Thread resumed.[/modhat]

Back