float3 theBaron = float3(119, 185, 0);

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
So, I have something to announce. Mr. Tim Murray, one of my GPU analysts here who I'm sure you all know and love (unless you're BRiT at least :p), is going to be leaving us next year to take up a position at NVIDIA. He's been our GPGPU man since the term became something sexy to talk about, so it's probably best he's joining the CUDA group to do mysterious things with codes and parallelism and other such things. The nForce team wouldn't have the faintest what to do with his oversized melon and dashing good looks, frankly.

I've had the very good pleasure of meeting The Baron in Real Life, despite this Internet thing, and I'm hugely proud of the guy and what he's done, and what he's doing with himself as CMU and B3D alumni. At least I hope being at B3D with me this last year or so has been a help, not a hindrance!

He'll be around for a little while yet, but now's the time to let everyone know, so wish him congrats and good luck for his NVIDIA career starting in 2008. Good luck my friend :) He'll tell you more about what he's going to do I'm sure, so feel free to ask him questions.

Now, if only I could ship Arun off to AMD :devilish:

/me gets a bit teary-eyed to think I said to Rys in the summer of '06, "Hey, how about Tim Murray for the team?" Our little Timmeh is all growed up.

Congrats, The Baron! From nvnews to b3d to nvidia. Quite the progression. :)

TIMMAH!!!
retard.gif

So I have to stop hating nVidia now, right?

Congrats Tim and good luck!
Whee, thanks! If you're still not too far from Santa Clara next year, I think I should buy you a beer for answering all my dumb questions. :p

Geo said:
/me gets a bit teary-eyed to think I said to Rys in the summer of '06, "Hey, how about Tim Murray for the team?" Our little Timmeh is all growed up.
Awwww, I :love: you too.

Bludd said:
Congrats, The Baron! From nvnews to b3d to nvidia. Quite the progression. :)
oh man I was hoping people had forgotten my youthful transgressions

and Dig, you'll never change. :p

thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to it--I couldn't have asked for a job that's better suited for me, I think.

Hey, that was a cheap shot! What's not to like, now that he's joined the dark side? ;)

Seriously though... Congratulations Mr Tim Murray. Best of luck on your newest journey! You've certainly provided plenty of insight into GPGPU over the years.

TIMMAH!!!
retard.gif

So I have to stop hating nVidia now, right?

Yes. :yep2:

But you can keep hating *either* Brian Burke or Derek Perez. You can even alternate monthly between them if you like. It's not reasonable to expect you to go cold turkey all at once. :cool:

Congrats Tim, you deserve it. Of course, the dreaded curse of B3D* means the end of Nvidia as we know it, so that's kind of sad.

*Did you know that no GPU maker has ever released a performance-leading product after hiring someone from from B3D?

Congrats Tim, you deserve it. Of course, the dreaded curse of B3D* means the end of Nvidia as we know it, so that's kind of sad.

*Did you know that no GPU maker has ever released a performance-leading product after hiring someone from from B3D?
Haha, holy shit that is harsh. :D
Dave is gonna go apeshit.

:D :D :D

Grats again Tim! I'm sure you'll do great :)

Geeforcer: Oh gosh, that's just mean. I wonder how much NVIDIA and/or AMD would be willing to pay me to work at Intel then, though! Hmmmm.

Maybe someone from B3D joined Microsoft right before Vista was released? :D

Congrats! I hope you'll be able to let us know what the atmosphere within the company is like. I heard rumours that it's kinda much like a military big-brother-is-watching-you organization there.

Haha, holy shit that is harsh. :D
Dave is gonna go apeshit.

:D :D :D

Which Dave? And why are you leaving Kristof out of the "offended derby"?

Now we just need an alum at Intel so that we've got all the bases covered. . .

I thought Kristof worked at that company that doesn't make 3d accelerators for PCs?

Oh and the Dave I meant was Wavey, but it was just a joke. Apeshit is such a strong word. :D

Back