Rumour: NiGHTS remake for PS2

Sounds likely, unless they expect a lot from the Wii version ... for now I'm guessing they'd be happy if the two versions combined cover the costs ... ?

There seems to be a rise in ports between Wii and the PS2, and if not ports then you could perhaps call it simultaneous. PS2 and Wii can't be THAT close now can they? how are they planning to shoehorn it onto a weaker console unless they make the game with the PS2s performance limit in mind?

A rise in ports? There were a lot on the cards to begin with. Wii was ill-fated in that respect similar to PSP getting ports.publishers just aren't very adventurous. :(

AFAIK This isn't a Wii port, this is a Saturn port. Probably part of Sega-Ages series.

I thought they were remaking NiGHTS for the Wii with all that entails in new engine and assets? Must be feeling bad for Nintendo that the last gen PS2 is getting the same games of similer quality (minus the motion stuff) as their own "last gen point two" Wii. I didn't think their architecture would be compatible enough to make it too proftable.

That scan above my post shows low polygon mocels. They look like the ones found in the Saturn version. What exactly did they improve? Resolution?

That looks like a direct Saturn port. COuldnt they have atleast improved the visuals?

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

N o v e m b e r 1 9 , 2 0 0 7

P L A Y S T A T I O N 2

- Sega will release a PS2 version of NiGHTS into Dreams in Japan on February 21, 2008, for 3990 yen, a remake of the first NiGHTS game on Sega Saturn. The PS2 remake will have enhanced graphics and support 16:9 display.

Confirmed, looks like we will find if dreams do come true in February.

Any news on a US release? I have a friend who just got a PS2 (my old hand-me-down now that I have a PS3), and she's been wanting to play this game for years, but never got around to hunting down a Saturn to play it on. I'll probably end up picking a copy up for myself, too.

A rise in ports? There were a lot on the cards to begin with. Wii was ill-fated in that respect similar to PSP getting ports.publishers just aren't very adventurous. :(

Ha, I believe the Wii's gotten a few PSP ports as well.
Though I think the PSP has gotten a couple gamecube ports too.
That's worse than PS2 ports since the PSP and Wii aren't even close in power, I'd say there's nearly a generational gap between the two, whereas Wii and PS2 is probably about a half gen gap or less. (largest difference being memory, and on average the cube seemed about 2x as powerful as the ps2 so cube + 50% makes the wii 3x as powerful...though the architectures are so different that even a qualitative comparison is pointless...plus there's a few ps2 games that make me think the ps2 was overall really close to the cube in power)

Back