Xbox 360 Elite / Falcon

Extra HD space would be nice. Cables come with it too, don't they? Maybe by next Fall the Elite will come with the HD-DVD drive built in. That would save me some space.

The HDMI cable that come with the elite is crap. Audio dongle is nice but hdmi cable keeps losing signals for weird reason.

Ehhh... Did you ever consider it might be your cable or TV?

My mate's Elite is doing fine over HDMI.

A couple of weeks ago MS sent me a replacement console with a manufacture date of 11/5/07, but there's no hdmi and it's not a falcon. I guess they're assigning new serial numbers and "manufacture" dates to the refurbs they're sending out.

Yeah, my elite (lot 743) which I picked up a few weeks ago at a Best Buy in Orlando had a 175w sticker on the outside of the box. I honestly didn't expect to notice much difference between component and hdmi but the latter definitely provides a sharper picture, which was a pleasant surprise. The new unit doesn't get nearly as hot and the thinner power cords are welcome.

Yeah, HDMI is sharper when viewed from up close, but from normal viewing distance the difference seems to be unnoticeable for me. 32" LCD TV here.

Got it....Elite (Falcon...175W power supply) Manufactured 11/7.

That's my own X-Mas present.

The more difficult one to get is going to be trying to score a Wii...the kids' X-mas present. :)

The 32" 1080p LCD just arrived too...after two years of "waiting", this is turning out to be a banner weekend for household gaming. :cool:

Got it....Elite (Falcon...175W power supply) Manufactured 11/7.
Same here, picked up an Elite today with Falcon innards and 175W PSU. Hilariously, I forgot to pick up a memory unit so I can do the transfer of my gamer profile and saves from the old HDD to the new. Will get one tomorrow.

I think you can do a gamer profile recovery for the interim and download all your details on to the Elite from LIVE.

I thought you can't transfer game saves from MU to HDD (whilst allowing the opposite?)

Actually if the game save allows copying, it should allow you to send it to a memory card and back to the hard drive too. But not all game saves can be copied from what I understand and it's not just a size issue either.

Tommy McClain

Same here, picked up an Elite today with Falcon innards and 175W PSU. Hilariously, I forgot to pick up a memory unit so I can do the transfer of my gamer profile and saves from the old HDD to the new. Will get one tomorrow.

MS recommends using your original hard drive until you recv the free transfer cable to move your profiles, saves, and content to the new hard drive. It will save you some headaches. It's what I did. I got my cable in 4 days from faxing them the form located on the bottom of this page.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

Back