Crysis full game

Well I'm still rocking a rusty Q9550 @ 3.5Ghz on DDR2 800 and it's doing me just fine.

Just finished Warhead as well. That took about 4 hours. Nice little expansion. More fast paced and fun than the original.

And better looking I thought.

Well I'm still rocking a rusty Q9550 @ 3.5Ghz on DDR2 800 and it's doing me just fine.

Just finished Warhead as well. That took about 4 hours. Nice little expansion. More fast paced and fun than the original.

Yeah, but when you are approaching a forced upgrade(five year old dual core CPU that's been OCed by like 60% for nearly all of its entire life) you want something a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sort of recently replaced a 3.4 GHz PIIX4 with a 4.3 GHz 3570k. This was quite the speed boost. I had been playing Crysis 2 and I immediately noticed much faster load times. I figure the 560 Ti isn't waiting around on that PIIX4 anymore lol. The old Vertex 2 apparently had some legs too because Windows whips up quicker as well.

I sort of recently replaced a 3.4 GHz PIIX4 with a 4.3 GHz 3570k. This was quite the speed boost. I had been playing Crysis 2 and I immediately noticed much faster load times. I figure the 560 Ti isn't waiting around on that PIIX4 anymore lol. The old Vertex 2 apparently had some legs too because Windows whips up quicker as well.

My CPU clock speeds are a bit rusty but that's quite the overclock on your CPU. Is that on air?

I'm not up to date either with the CPU over clocking scene but I thought 4Ghz was cake for Sandy and Ivy.

Even the SB-E boxes have some serious overclocking headroom. My 3930k is doing 4.5Ghz on air, all six cores and HT enabled, with a 125bclk and all eight sticks of ram populated, and using a very minor voltage bump.

SB and IVB are fantastic overclockers.

Yeah, IVB and SB are fantastic. My launch 2500k easily does 4.4 ghz with almost passive cooling. 120 mm fans only rotate about 300-400 RPM. I thought of taking the chance and trying fully passive on the CPU heatsink (relying only on one case fan for total system airflow, PSU is in a separate chamber) but there is no audible noise from those fans at that RPM through the Antec P-182.

Regards,
SB

I never finished this game, but did beat Crysis 2 and currently playing 3. I guess I should go back and play it sometime seeing as how I own it on Steam already.

So it's only 5000 or newer that dont have 3dnow ?
I know it runs on my 3800x without the fix (should i use it ?)
ps:
Instructions say replace file in bin32 folder, does that mean to use the fix you have to run the 32bit version the 64bit version uses the bin64 folder ?

pps:
Crysis 2 fps cap fix
This ASI plugin is supposed to get rid of 64 fps cap when playing Crysis 2 on modern systems by forcing higher timer resolution.
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2189-crysis-2-fps-cap-fix/

ppps:
3dnow fix for warhead
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1934-crysis-warhead-amds-3dnow-fix/

Last edited:
So it's only 5000 or newer that dont have 3dnow ?
I know it runs on my 3800x without the fix (should i use it ?)
ps:
Instructions say replace file in bin32 folder, does that mean to use the fix you have to run the 32bit version the 64bit version uses the bin64 folder ?

pps:
Crysis 2 fps cap fix
This ASI plugin is supposed to get rid of 64 fps cap when playing Crysis 2 on modern systems by forcing higher timer resolution.
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2189-crysis-2-fps-cap-fix/

ppps:
3dnow fix for warhead
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1934-crysis-warhead-amds-3dnow-fix/
You appear to be talking about games that are not the original Crysis

The fix DLL is for original Crysis.

I have no idea whether any such fix is required for Crysis Warhead or Crysis 2.

The original Crysis doesn't, as far as I can tell, have a 64-bit version.

NO, I have the original retail dvd patched to 2.1 U.K
X5KuzxZ.jpg

My Steam install from Thursday doesn't have a Bin64.

Oh boy:

Running Crysis in 64bit - definitive solution (no cracks involved) :: Crysis General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

and:

[TUTORIAL] How to PROPERLY run Crysis on Windows 10 64-bit :: Crysis General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

What's amusing about that second link is that it looks like a different way of setting affinity and that technique might work for The Witcher 2.

Steam is starting to look pretty shitty as a platform to play "old" games.

I really don't understand why a fix for affinity works for people in that thread. This is how to run the game if you have 16-cores:

[TUTORIAL] How to PROPERLY run Crysis on Windows 10 64-bit :: Crysis General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

I haven't tried it, since I have a working solution...

Note the affinity fix appears to disable core 0 in each of the suggestions provided in that thread (original posting and the posting marked as an answer).

In theory the 64-bit version would run faster, because 64-bit apps generally do. So without doing the Crysis Warhead hack to convert Crysis 32-bit into Crysis 64-bit, you're stuck with probably a slower experience. Well it seems happy to run at 120fps.

Now, to work out the right way to turn off LOD and get maximum detail. Yes, I've seen there's about 20 console commands to do that, but it looks like only about 3-5 are needed to hit maximum quality.

Back