Crysis full game

I'm just starting to see it's faults now, I've played it that much!!

Take away the gorgeous lighting and the game isn't anything special. Even with Rygels texture pack the game still has some down right crappy textures in places.

Take away the lighting for any game and they look crap. Also I think you are expecting to much highres. maybe some years before 8192x8192 textures are the norm! :p

Also I think you are expecting to much highres. maybe some years before 8192x8192 textures are the norm! :p

Not really, the textures with Rygels pack are awesome BUT he hasn't done the whole game ( Not a sly dig at Rygel ) and it's very inconsistent, you have amazingly high res textures on one wall then on the next wall to it you have crappy low res ones :(

When you say crappy lowres do you talk about 1024x1024 texture? Becouse I think most regular walls are around that in vanilla. ;)

I noticed similar texture irregularities in UT3. They have super hi res textures with HDR liberally applied (too much gloss/saran wrap) then on either side will be ultra low flat textures. Really odd.

Damn I had forgotten to play Crysis with Rygel's texture mod. I remember bookmarking it but I forgot when the time came to install it :(

Guys does anyone have the MSTER CONFIG v 3.01 that they could upload for me?

The original link for it is down and the link that does work has a corrupt installer so if anyone wouldn't mind uploading a working version to megaupload or some were it would be greatly appreciated :)

The game is picking up nicely, at first I was little underwhelmed by the graphics, but the later levels are stunning! My jaw dropped at the beginning of the Paradise Lost level, it looks amazing.

The game is picking up nicely, at first I was little underwhelmed by the graphics, but the later levels are stunning! My jaw dropped at the beginning of the Paradise Lost level, it looks amazing.

This is the first time you are playing it? :)

You'll need to try some mods to see the best CE2 has to offer. Airfield looks better than anything in the official campaign IMO. Just wait until the sun starts rising. :oops:
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=30123

This map too.
http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=358&lim=0

This is the first time you are playing it? :)

Yes I've been off PC gaming for many years. I think the last game I played until my break was the original Half Life 2.

You'll need to try some mods to see the best CE2 has to offer. Airfield looks better than anything in the official campaign IMO. Just wait until the sun starts rising. :oops:
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=30123

This map too.
http://www.crymod.com/filebase.php?fileid=358&lim=0

Yeah I'll have to check some of them out, it's just that I have so many games on my to do list and Warhead is probably going to be next. I have like 15 games sitting in front of me and I should do some studying also...

I finished Crysis yesterday, nice game overall and I'm just installing Warhead... Anybody has any experience how the ccc 3.00 compares to enthusiast settings with visuals in mind, which one looks better, I gather the CCC has better frame rate performance. I want to play it with 1080p and 8x AA if possible. Crysis CCC 2.21 level 5 ran fine with those settings, although I had to drop the AA to 4x on few occasions.

Any other suggestions or mods I should be thinking about before I start the game?

:oops:

Since it's your first playthrough I recommend sticking with the stock Enthusiast settings. See the game as it was intended and then decide whether you like the tweaked versions better. Personally I like it just the way it is; Crytek did a much better job with the ToDs in Warhead.

Also, you should really avoid 8xMSAA. If you absolutely must have it, try 8xCSAA instead. The GeForces don't play nice with >4x multisampling.

:oops:

Since it's your first playthrough I recommend sticking with the stock Enthusiast settings. See the game as it was intended and then decide whether you like the tweaked versions better. Personally I like it just the way it is; Crytek did a much better job with the ToDs in Warhead.

Also, you should really avoid 8xMSAA. If you absolutely must have it, try 8xCSAA instead. The GeForces don't play nice with >4x multisampling.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably go with that. CCC 3.00 doesn't include ToD mods though, if I understood it correctly. I actually didn't even use the ToD mods with 2.21 either, as I found some parts were slightly over done.

I played warhead with the screenshot configs in the CCC 3.0 and it was quite stunning looking.

I seem to remember that your rig had more GPU power than what I have. What was your setup and what kind of framerates were you getting, and how does the screenshot config in your opinion look compared to LVL4+ or stock Enthusiast?

homerdog has an excellent suggestion. I did exactly what he mentioned. I played both the Crysis games bonestock and then I played with the configs and then I played them again with the latest configs but with DX 10 after I had win 7 installed and got my newer vid cards. I am packing a QX 9650 @ 3.83 ghz only...not as assume as your processor (drools) and I have 2 BFG gtx 285 OCs in SLI.

The screenshot config made the foliage look a lot better. The water looked amazing and overall there was a lot less jaggies. Still since I have a 2560 x 1600 monitor and I only tried it at 1920 x 1200...there was not a single moment where I felt that the game was getting jerky. It ran like butter and I suspect I could have bumped up the resolution to 2560 x 1600 and dropp the config to a level 4 not the 4+ and still the game would have been utterly playable all throughout. Unfortunately I did not run fraps or anything or benchmark anything to see myf ramerates. All I know is that I had no jerky framerates ANYWHERE in the game. Oh the snowlevel in the screenshot configs is just beautiful.

I played a bit... Little further after I rescued the fighter plane pilot. 1080p 4x AA and everything on Enthusiast. I used Fraps and I think I averaged about 40fps and didn't really go under 30 at all, so the performance is satisfactory. I don't know if it's because of the Enthusiast settings vs CCC 2.21 or just Warhead vs the original, but I think the visuals have improved quite a lot compared to Crysis. I regret now a bit that I Installed the CCC 2.21 for Crysis, because I noticed then some visual downgrades compared to very high.

Now it looks pretty amazing and imo the effects look better and there are more objects on screen. The jungle feels a lot more lush. I'll try the screenshot config after I've completed this once.

Both Crysis games were trying to fight against me in the beginning a little bit :) The first one would force my TV into 24p mode, even though my settings in control panel was 1920x1080p@60hz, I had to make a custom res of err... 1920x1080@60hz before it stopped doing it... Warhead insisted that the res should be 1024x768 and when I tried to change it in the game menu it wouldn't let me, it just reverted back to 1024x768 and my mouse stopped working properly?! I had to go in to my documents/my games/Warhead folder and manually change the config file to make it work properly. Nice :LOL:

It's an optimization mod for Crysis, that is supposed to make the game run better, without sacrificing visual quality or even improving the visuals. Based on my limited experience I'd say that it optimizes the game pretty well, but it does lose atleast little bit of the visual quality present in the highest original settings. It's probably good if your rig struggles with high settings, but if you can run very high at acceptable frame rates, then I feel the original very high is a better option.

edit: CCC does have a screenshot config that I haven't tried and don't know much about it, but it has the settings cranked up and that should make the visuals even higher than the very high settings. Suryad talks about it few posts up.

Back