New PS2 model (SCPH-90000)

You've seen that slide I like to post now and then of the PS2 chips up through the 90nm EE+GS unification, yeah Alstrong? Although I agree it'd be nice to have the modern additions to that progression.

You've seen that slide I like to post now and then of the PS2 chips up through the 90nm EE+GS unification, yeah Alstrong? Although I agree it'd be nice to have the modern additions to that progression.
Incidentally, who compiled that timeline and why aren't there similar timelines for other systems?

yup, plenty of times :D I'm just curious as to what they're doing with the chips now, if they've optimized them even further or if they're only optimizing the motherboard components and power supply parts (which would be kind of neat to see too in terms of progress). The continued weight reductions is pretty sweet.

Incidentally, who compiled that timeline and why aren't there similar timelines for other systems?

I'm not sure who originally compiled it, but I myself found it on the EETimes website a couple of years ago. I agree, it'd be awesome to have a running record compiled across all systems.

Alstrong said:
The continued weight reductions is pretty sweet.
Yea the impressive part is that the new PS2 is almost half the weight of original Slim (1250g vs 720g), and there were two weight reductions this year. At this rate PS2 will catch up to PSP in a few years :p

Yea the impressive part is that the new PS2 is almost half the weight of original Slim (1250g vs 720g), and there were two weight reductions this year. At this rate PS2 will catch up to PSP in a few years :p
a ps2 slim and light with integrated 4 inch screen . now that would be really portable :)

Back