nvidia "D8E" High End solution, what can we expect in 2008?

I think this will probably be the most accurate review we will get.

Now Nvidia will come out with some miracle drivers for official reviews that will win most benchmarks, but later be found to have [strike]cheats[/strike] bugs that [strike]helped[/strike] accidently improve performance.

Lol instead of getting real working drivers, ((Which they know are borked)) they decided to attack me. Lovely ;)

if they really asked around they would have gotten the answer that the 175 dirvers are the launch drivers for the gx2 :oops:

Some very strange comments on Crysis from that article:

Since we’re on the topic of Crysis, I took the time to test it at high detail for everyone. There’s a reason I don’t test Crysis at high. When you get an average of only 50FPS at 1920 x 1200 at medium, the performance is going to be too poor at high. So even if the card is 10FPS faster than the other cards, if the average is that low it’s not going to make a difference in terms of it becoming playable.

With that said, we get a very underwhelming 34.4 fps at 1920 x 1200 when set at high. When the numbers start coming up to a decent level we will move from medium to high, and then hopefully to very high; but I dare say that will be quite a ways away yet

Finally, before anyone says "Oh, 30 odd FPS is smooth, the eyes can’t see anything more than that", then you are clearly missing out on a fantastic
gaming experience. The sweet spot for averages is around the 60FPS to 70FPS mark. We don’t want to drop below 30 FPS if we can help it

I have two problems with those statements.

1) If 30fps is insufficient does that mean that pretty much every console FPS game is "broken"? I won't deny 60fps is nicer but 30fps is still plenty playable, especially in Crysis which many have confirmed is smoother than the average game at low framerates.

2) Since when was 1920x1200 the mandated minimum resolution? I'm quite sure most people would rather play Crysis at 1650x1080/High than 1920x1200/Medium.

Frankly, if I had one of these I would be playing at whatever resolution allows me to average 30fps at Very High.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=250527

TT.jpg

:LOL:

@Twinkie: And waht should this show me? I just see some circles but they dont show anything like its a fake. What it is im missing?

Same here...I don't get it :oops:

The pictures show that grey blocks has been pasted into the screen shot - to hide the vendor, but TT claims that they don't know the vendor.

Edit: Iam not saying this is a big deal, I don't think it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it a case of not wanting to name an AIB via an "unknown" distributor/other? Makes sense to get rid of VID. Easy to edit for Nvidia as a ref board, too. As for GPU-Z... The how/who/where they got it doesn't matter. It exists. They tested it with the latest drivers they could get. Results are OK. Release drivers will probably perform better.

Back