Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never owned a last gen console - now owns a PS3 only

• owned or owns a PS2 only - now owns a Wii only

• Total voters

dobwal

Legend
Here we go. Let me see what options I have to add regarding the GC and Wii without giving about a 64 different poll options.

Lets see how many people dredge through this poll.

Multiple choices added and now public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dobwal to get things clarified quick, when you say "own x console only," are you speaking to the current/new gen, or inclusive of the previous gen as well?

Dobwal to get things clarified quick, when you say "own x console only," are you speaking to the current/new gen, or inclusive of the previous gen as well?

First half of statements refers to last gen ownership (PS2, Xbox and GC). Second half of statements refers to current gen ownership (PS3, Wii and 360).

Somehow the use of this poll seems less obvious now than it was.

Maybe something better, considering the original goal, would be to have the following options with multiple options allowed per user in a non-anonymous way. This should give us all the data, though it may need a bit of work, if all participants vote properly it's all there:

1 I don't currently own any consoles
2 I only own a GameCube
3 I only own an XBox
4 only own a PS2
5 my Wii is my first console
6 my 360 is my first console
7 my PS3 is my first console
8 I moved from PS2 to Wii
9 I moved from PS2 to 360
10 I moved from PS2 to PS3
11 I moved from Xbox to PS3
12 I moved from Xbox to Wii
13 I moved from Xbox to 360
14 I moved from GameCube to 360
15 I moved from GameCube to Wii
16 I moved from GameCube to PS3
17 I own the same brands of console(s) this gen vs last
18 I own more brands this gen vs last
19 I own less brands this gen vs last

I would then vote:

I owned a PS2 and moved to PS3
I owned an Xbox and moved to 360
I own the same brands of console vs last

You can see how the last question also works as a kind of checksum. ;)

Somehow the use of this poll seems less obvious now than it was.

Maybe something better, considering the original goal, would be to have the following options with multiple options allowed per user in a non-anonymous way. This should give us all the data, though it may need a bit of work, if all participants vote properly it's all there:

1 I don't currently own any consoles
2 I only own a GameCube
3 I only own an XBox
4 only own a PS2
5 my Wii is my first console
6 my 360 is my first console
7 my PS3 is my first console
8 I moved from PS2 to Wii
9 I moved from PS2 to 360
10 I moved from PS2 to PS3
11 I moved from Xbox to PS3
12 I moved from Xbox to Wii
13 I moved from Xbox to 360
14 I moved from GameCube to 360
15 I moved from GameCube to Wii
16 I moved from GameCube to PS3
17 I own the same brands of console(s) this gen vs last
18 I own more brands this gen vs last
19 I own less brands this gen vs last

I would then vote:

You can see how the last question also works as a kind of checksum. ;)

Your votes would then also make this true.

I owned a Xbox and moved to the PS3.
I owned a PS2 and moved to the 360.

No, they wouldn't.

If all of this true that how are the two statements false.

You owned a Ps2 and you now own a 360.
You owned a xbox and you now own a PS3.

If you owned a PS2 and a Xbox and now own a 360 and PS3. How are "I owned a PS2 and moved to PS3" and "I owned an Xbox and moved to 360" true statements but "I owned a PS2 and moved to 360" and "I owned an Xbox and moved to PS3" false?

Hrmm.. I voted Xbox to 360, even though I owned a DC too. Still a little unclear, though :p Sorry dobwal.

I will be picking up a PS3 once the killer games begin to drop though, making the cost worthwhile - though the no-BC thing is a turn-off, since I'd love to play some of the killer PS2-exclusives I missed last gen.

If all of this true that how are the two statements false.

You owned a Ps2 and you now own a 360.
You owned a xbox and you now own a PS3.

If you owned a PS2 and a Xbox and now own a 360 and PS3. How are "I owned a PS2 and moved to PS3" and "I owned an Xbox and moved to 360" true statements but "I owned a PS2 and moved to 360" and "I owned an Xbox and moved to PS3" false?

You can't say you've moved from PS2 to 360 if you also own a PS3. At least, that's my take.

The only info you don't get from this division though is if you had a PS2 only and now own a PS3 and a 360, then you say:

I had a PS2 and moved to PS3
I own more brands this gen than last

You lose the info on which next-gen console was added. So maybe the

my Wii is my first console
my 360 is my first console
my PS3 is my first console

should be changed to

my Wii is my first console from this brand
etc.

So that you can say:
I had a PS2 and moved to PS3
my 360 is my first console from this brand
I own more consoles this gen vs last

That seems to cover it quite well.

ps2 -> ps3. i went with the ps3 because all of the ps2 games i liked will be carried over to the ps3, and its also a blu-ray player. theres more reason for me to pickup a 360 this gen than there was to pick up an xbox last gen. 1. the majority of the 'last gen' period, i was in high school with no job, 2. this year, MS is obviously doing better than last gen and has much better games than last gen (imo) so i might eventually pickup a 360. but for now, i'm happy with my PS3.

Previous Gen: XBox + GC
This Gen: 360 + PS3

I'll probably get a Wii eventually though. I only never had a PS2 due to cost/time constraints.

I voted Xbox -> to Xbox 360 for myself since I'm the primary gamer of the house. However, my kids got my old Xbox, but they are now primarily playing the 360. My wife also got a used Gamecube AFTER I bought the 360, but she's not a hardcore gamer and there might days or weeks where she doesn't play either of them, but when she does play, she might sit and play a couple of hours at a time. Not sure which one she plays the most of, but she loves Animal Crossing on the Gamecube and Carcassonne on the 360. Actually, I haven't seen her play anything other than Live Arcade games on the 360, but she's warming up to Guitar Hero. ;)

Tommy McClain

poll said:
owned or owns a PS2, GC and/or xbox - currently at least 360 system and 1 other console

owned or owns a PS2, GC and/or xbox - currently at least PS3 system and 1 other console

owned or owns a PS2, GC and/or xbox - currently at least Wii system and 1 other console

The latter part of these options should have been written as follows

1 Xbox 360 and PS3
2 PS3 and Wii
3 Wii and X360

and people should have been able to vote for only one option.

I had all three, now I have X360 and PS3.

Owned a xbox before and gave my PS3 away to familiars (no need for the BD-ROM anymore)

How come it tells me, " You may not vote on this poll" when I'm logged in? Because I'm too newb?

I own a PC, & am forced due to expenses this year to move to console. We have a 360 since last Xmas which is now in the kids room & Daddy has the PS3 all to himself on the HDTV.

Where is that option on the list? :p

Back