Formula 1 - 2008 Season

Nice hero move, Lewis! That was properly stupid. That was a fun race only because you didn't know who was going to get penalized and when. After I saw the prayer dive bomb by Lewis in T1, I knew there was atleast one penalty coming.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081012100412.shtml

Wow!

After seeing the incident I had expected to wake up and see Massa be placed with a penalty, not Massa gaining an extra point!

That is because of the rules. Bourdois got a blue light at the end of the pitlane meaning other cars are coming and he should be the one paying attention not to hit other cars as he is the slower one. He did not do that and hit Massa who really couldnt do much about it.

BMW stopped developing their 2008 car, Renault didn't. It pays off, because Kubica could have been a much stronger contender for the championship. If the next races end like this, Kubica will win. :)

Maybe now, but BMW is pretty safe and I dont think they think they had a real chance of fighting to the end anyway which is probably going to be the case, even with the development because they've been behind Ferrari and Mclaren all season so the only way they could have one if because of them failing. Next years car is at this moment alot more important. Cards are dealt for the most part and you dont want to miss out on next years development with all the new rules coming. Keeping alot of your resources on this season might give you some good results in the last few races, but it might also set you back next season.

Yes, you have a point, and BMW are unassailable in third place. If BMW is a proper contender for both championships next year, stopping development was a good move. If not, it was dumb because they could have been contenders this year. They still are if Massa and Hamilton keeps screwing up, at least Kubica is.

BMW only had a modest aim of a victory this year, You can see they started working on next year since Canada. But they are making progress every year, no doubt about it. The gap is much narrower than last season, and their consistency in terms of driver and machinery, is of very high achievement (I can't ever remember an engine failure this season)

That said, maybe next or season after? lol

That is because of the rules. Bourdois got a blue light at the end of the pitlane meaning other cars are coming and he should be the one paying attention not to hit other cars as he is the slower one. He did not do that and hit Massa who really couldnt do much about it.

I'm sure Bourdais was paying attention. But to quote the Frenchman

"What was I supposed to do? Roll out the red carpet?"

Lol!

Technically, yes. Getting a blue light at the pitlane, coming out of the pits slower, car at full speed coming. Yes you need to get your ass out of the way for that other person. Not crash into them.

Technically, yes. Getting a blue light at the pitlane, coming out of the pits slower, car at full speed coming. Yes you need to get your ass out of the way for that other person. Not crash into them.

They were already in the corner so imo the race was on. I think nobody should have been penalized from that incident, but Massa's and Hamilton's penalty were both right. Besides nobody ever get's their ass out of the way, when they are racing for position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alonso seems to be still kinda 'bitter' about what happened to him / with him last year at McLaren, he has said that if there's anything he can do to help Massa win the championship instead of Hamilton, he will do it, and that at Fuji after race press conference when he was asked if Hamiltons penalty was justified, he answered straight away yes even though he had no idea what he was punished for :p

and that at Fuji after race press conference when he was asked if Hamiltons penalty was justified, he answered straight away yes even though he had no idea what he was punished for :p

And he was laughing when he said that :smile: So was I when I read that
I can imagine him giving the answer with a straight face :LOL:

How long until we get a contentious decision from the Stewards which actually doesn't favour Ferrari?

Still, it will be interesting if the title is decided in the last race of the season.

How long until we get a contentious decision from the Stewards which actually doesn't favour Ferrari?

Still, it will be interesting if the title is decided in the last race of the season.

You mean when Mclaren was found guilty of having the how-to-build-a-Ferrari textbook but didnt get banned?

Or how Lewis got crainlifted out of the freaking gravel?

Or how Lewis crashed into the back of Kimi in the pit only getting a 10 place grid penalty while robbing Kimi of 10 points (that same 10 points that would put him very close to the lead right now).

Or how Lewis got crainlifted out of the freaking gravel?
Not to get court up in the McLaren - Ferrari debate here, but I never understood why he was allowed to finish that race. It's the only time I remembering that a car has been lifted out of the gravel and allowed to continue the race.

You know they found nothing of Ferraris design on the McLaren car right? you bitter, bitter man :LOL:

Ron Dennis sleep with your partner or kill you dog or something?

Actually, they did. If you had followed the news better though they couldnt/did not want to do anything against it because it would be pretty hard to prove as ofcourse nothing is a 1:1 copy (and ofcourse if they did, it would mean they had to ban Mclaren which would have been financially very bad so even if they drove a copy of the Ferrari car it wouldnt have matter anything). But even if there is 0 Ferrari stuff on the car, this still doesnt change a thing that they had Ferrari info they were not allowed to have making them as guilty as you can possibly be.

But hey, go ahead and say that is allowed :LOL: but then dont complain if, in your eyes, the FIA makes a pro Ferrari decision again because Mclaren is dirty too.

They found nothing similar to anything Ferrari had. The best you could say is that the guy who had the documents had some designs for the future that were similar and McLaren canned them for that exact reason.

Anyway, Williams is my team not McLaren, just because I like Lewis doesn't mean I like McLaren. I liked Schumacher towards the end of his career too and you know how I dislike Ferrari.

They found nothing similar to anything Ferrari had. The best you could say is that the guy who had the documents had some designs for the future that were similar and McLaren canned them for that exact reason.
they said they have NO info and later this was proved to be a lie.
So, Ron Dennis is a proved liar.

Ferrari and McLaren can suck it. I have a feeling Renault will be back in 2005-style next year and I have a feeling Alonso will stay and I have a feeling they will win, a lot.

Back