Formula 1 - 2008 Season

Not really a Massa fan but I have to give him credit. He seems to be kickin ass and taking names. If he wins Monaco I expect his confidence to shoot through the roof and make him even faster.

tbh that might be bad, the confidence part, he might get overconfident and we've already seen him spin for good twice on his own mistakes.

There's a good chance for rain as the GP2 run commenced in conditions with standing water, so if that happens, Massa won't be my favourite for P1.

Button, Hamilton, Alonso are better in the wet than Massa.

There's a good chance for rain as the GP2 run commenced in conditions with standing water, so if that happens, Massa won't be my favourite for P1.

Button, Hamilton, Alonso are better in the wet than Massa.

2 of those 3, Hamilton & Alonso, have crashed at least once on todays race to their own mistakes on wet, Massa hasn't, doesn look like they're so much better, does it? :LOL:

edit: There goes Massa, but could continue

Yeah, Sutil got ROBBED. 9th serves Kimi just right.

Also, Webber and Vettel got some good results, and Coulthard is maybe showing his age.

Rosberg did well until he crashed. Alonso was a bit too optimistic trying to overtake Rosberg earlier in the race and kinda wrecked his chances there.

Kaotik: Hammy won with a storming drive and Alonso ruined it for himself, just like Piquet (albeit, not as severely). Massa did well, but it showed that he isn't supremely comfortable in the wet. He did well, though, but the day belongs to Hamilton, Kubica and Sutil who punched so far above his weight it was incredible.

Raikkonen should be given penalty in the next race for sure...?
Well done to Kubica for moving up to second from fifth, he could have won it at one point, but I don't understand how Hamilton got 40s lead even after pitting.

Raikkonen should be given penalty in the next race for sure.

Man I feel sorry for Sutil. Raikonnen really did something stupid again, trying the impossible damn well knowing it wouldnt work.

AGAIN?!

And seriously, WTF are you two on? Could I get some of those 'shrooms aswell?
1) It was racing incident, nothing out of the ordinary
2) Räikkönen actually tried to break a bit EARLIER than normal not to be too close to Sutil, but that portion was just a bit too slippery > his rear went out of control and there was nothing he could do

Force India has a point, Sutil would most likely have been penalized if he had done the same to Räikkönen. Force India has lodged a complaint with the stewards. We'll have to see what will happen with it.

I agree with Kaotic - it was 100% a racing incident. Super unfortunate for Sutil and FA - it was probably the only chance for points they had this season.

Great race as well :)

What an enthralling race.

IMHO, the stewards have made the right decision in not penalising Kimi. I do agree, however, that had it been the other way round a penalty would have been likely (whether they had been on the same lap or otherwise).

I think the incident that needs looking into was Alonso's laughable attempt at a pass at the Lowes hairpin when he had just changed his tyres after hitting the barrier. I think it was Heidelfd that he hit and lost his front wing.

There was no way that was ever going to result in anything other than a collision.

What an enthralling race.

IMHO, the stewards have made the right decision in not penalising Kimi. I do agree, however, that had it been the other way round a penalty would have been likely (whether they had been on the same lap or otherwise).
Yes, this is OK. At least Force India got to voice their concerns.

I think the incident that needs looking into was Alonso's laughable attempt at a pass at the Lowes hairpin when he had just changed his tyres after hitting the barrier. I think it was Heidelfd that he hit and lost his front wing.

There was no way that was ever going to result in anything other than a collision.
It's kinda the same that happened with Massa and Coulthard, and Button and Coulthard. Those were much more dramatic and Alonso practically ruined his race with that move.

Very true. It was an utterly dim-witted move by Alonso - not a hope in hell of passing. Just because you're getting frustrated at not being able to pass a slower opponent doesn't mean you should start trying to pull maneuvers like that.

I think the Kimi incident was unfortunate, but I'd probably side with the "racing incident" angle. Just looked like he lost control of the car and couldn't break in time.

AGAIN?!

And seriously, WTF are you two on? Could I get some of those 'shrooms aswell?
1) It was racing incident, nothing out of the ordinary
2) Räikkönen actually tried to break a bit EARLIER than normal not to be too close to Sutil, but that portion was just a bit too slippery > his rear went out of control and there was nothing he could do

Im not saying its not a racing incident but I'm saying raikonnen did something he (should have) knew wasnt going to work. You say to slippery? he just passed their like 50+ times already without any problems at all and now suddenly when he's in the position to make up 1 place its to slippery while even breaking earlier? Uhh thats a no go for me. He just went to fast, pushed to hard, braked to late or whatever but it certainly wasnt to slippery.

Im not saying its not a racing incident but I'm saying raikonnen did something he (should have) knew wasnt going to work. You say to slippery? he just passed their like 50+ times already without any problems at all and now suddenly when he's in the position to make up 1 place its to slippery while even breaking earlier? Uhh thats a no go for me. He just went to fast, pushed to hard, braked to late or whatever but it certainly wasnt to slippery.

He broke earlier than normally, anyone with eyes could see that, and that place, where you don't normally break so early, was slippery, and his rear went on it's own way > no matter how you break it won't stop after that

Whatever. If I watch it on youtube I dont see anything wet at all. Its a straight piece of tarmac looking all the same. Besides that if it really was slippery you would have seen everybody struggle because 800+hp and not TC on the back wheels will make the rear move by just accelerating (because the grooved tires cant get enough grip on the slippery pieces). I think he was just going too fast. If you look at the footage you see the back break out way before you visually see sutil slowing down which is just before the first commercial sign on the wall while the back of kimi's car starts breaking out about halfway true that straight. So if he braked earlier he would have braked stupidly long before the rest which doesnt make sense at all (and not wanting to hit anybody isnt exactly in kimi's blood either, if he really didnt want that he would have put it into the wall instead of still crashing into sutil). Also I wonderd if he really braked because you dont really see him slow down at all until he's close to hitting sutil.

Whatever. If I watch it on youtube I dont see anything wet at all. Its a straight piece of tarmac looking all the same. Besides that if it really was slippery you would have seen everybody struggle because 800+hp and not TC on the back wheels will make the rear move by just accelerating (because the grooved tires cant get enough grip on the slippery pieces). I think he was just going too fast. If you look at the footage you see the back break out way before you visually see sutil slowing down which is just before the first commercial sign on the wall while the back of kimi's car starts breaking out about halfway true that straight. So if he braked earlier he would have braked stupidly long before the rest which doesnt make sense at all (and not wanting to hit anybody isnt exactly in kimi's blood either, if he really didnt want that he would have put it into the wall instead of still crashing into sutil). Also I wonderd if he really braked because you dont really see him slow down at all until he's close to hitting sutil.

The bolded part says it all really, youtube as a source to see what's on the track :rolleyes:
If it wasn't slippery why was there (again) safety car on the track? the drivers just happen to crash'n'carnage for fun?
How hard is it to understand? At the point where you rear goes wild like that, the car isn't going to stop no matter if you break as hard as you can, and neither can you steer it to a wall at that point.

It was a disaster for Kovy who again had his race ruined from the very beginning. I think he would have had a good chance for a win/podium today if he hadn't stalled on the grid.

Back