Futuremark lied! So dont trust it.

jerry_enCater said:
Misleading!
They never said they wouldnt release it to the public.They just said 3dmark03 include*^*^(.
So I think it is public version.
If they dont refer 3dmark03 public version,
they should said that.

Pardon what I'm about to say, but this thread is disturbingly retarded.

Jerry: You -------, they never said it would be released to the public. Why should they release developer features to the public? Hell, we didn't even KNOW specifically what those 'features' are until they were used by review sites. Basically, step the ---- back, know your role as CONSUMER, and leave the complicated stuff to the companies and/or groups who are authorised to use the developer version. There's a reason it's called the DEVELOPER vesion. It was never intended, never even considered for public release. So GIVE IT A REST.

Edit - Easy Tiger! ;) DB

Tagrineth said:
jerry_enCater said:
Misleading!
They never said they wouldnt release it to the public.They just said 3dmark03 include*^*^(.
So I think it is public version.
If they dont refer 3dmark03 public version,
they should said that.

Jerry: You -------, they never said it would be released to the public. Why should they release developer features to the public? Hell, we didn't even KNOW specifically what those 'features' are until they were used by review sites. Basically, step the ---- back, know your role as CONSUMER, and leave the complicated stuff to the companies and/or groups who are authorised to use the developer version. There's a reason it's called the DEVELOPER vesion. It was never intended, never even considered for public release. So GIVE IT A REST.

Edit - Easy Tiger! ;) DB

So Futuremark should say that the
3dmark03 they noted is a
DEVELOPER vesion. It can do this.

Furthermore, 3DMark03 includes advanced analytical tools to enable independent observers to catch any
potential questionable driver optimizations. By taking a tough stance against any kind of driver
optimization, the media can discourage this practice.
They didnt say the version of 3dmark03 that includes advanced analytical tools to enable independent observers to catch any
potential questionable driver optimizations

is a Develop Version.Futuremark should let us know that Our public versions didnt have this function.
Do you agree?

My brain hurts reading this thread...
crosseyed6.gif

ROTFLMAO!

"You dont know what you're talking about" should be the understatement of this thread.

Tag : Wow! When will we ever meet, I wonder...

This guys got nothing on a forum member of Australian website PCPP, honestly - brains, intelligence, razor wit, deep understanding of 3d graphics are simply subsituted for strong opinions...Jerry looks like Einstein compared to what I had to deal with today :rolleyes:

a small excerpt of idiocy on a semi technical website (why comming here is like a breath of sanity some days)

I eventually managed to explain NVidia's tricks by a very simple analogy (I hope he gets it) my head hurts trying to make it easier...

http://forums.networknext.com/pcpp/viewtopic.php?t=8092&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PCPP have a few good techinal folk - but look at 123456 antics and Jerry looks like King Solomon by comparison.

Simply when NVidia saw a shader they knew they avoided it - and ran a simpler faster one and hoped no one would notice they'd fudged big time. Whereas for ATi for the sky and water shader they altered the order of certain commands comming into their pipelines to optimise pipeline sub unit loading - but we believe they still did all those commands and produced picture perfect results.

Imagine if you get a shader that says add_to_100, and you are feed numbers 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 ... + 100.

What ATi did was similar to re-ordering internally to add (1 + 100) + (2 + 99) + (3 + 98 ) ... etc or to add pairs of all even numbers on one pipeline and pairs of odds on another then after 50 pairs add the results.

What NVidia did was fudge the output like say (n + 1) * n/2 - lets avoid all the work we can - we know the result - generate something that makes it look like we are doing what we were asked. Oh look we are faster.

Or the Dawn is faster on an R300 because NVidia frame locked it cause NV30 was too fast....but the wrapper bypassed the frame lock was pure idiotic gold yesterday - this defense was a pure classic

http://forums.networknext.com/pcpp/viewtopic.php?t=8043&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

This all stinks of Nvidia playing the angry kid who wants to get back at his parents.

They pull out of the beta program because their cards suck too much to play DX9/8 stuff as well as their competitor's. Futuremark continues, ignoring Nvidia's decision while Nvidia expects more attention than this, they think their decisions should stop the earth's rotation. So now, Nvidia is gonna play dirty and try to discredit 3DMark2K3 in every way possible. "We'll make our cards do tricks to win, and when Futuremark tries to stop it we'll blame them for not giving us the developer version."

I hate politics. This crap is what's wrong with the human race.

Tagrineth said:

Here, here.....In his judgement a quibble with FM over semantics gets in the way of his understanding the basic issues. Sad...One could well think folks of this persuasion simply don't wish to understand the issues.

John Reynolds said:
Reverend said:
Tag : Wow! When will we ever meet, I wonder...

Methinks you're a little too old for her, Anthony. :devilish:
Remember -- Tag has high tolerance for low performance!

And who you calling old!? I may be too old for some things (yoga is out, for one), but A Man is never too old to flirt, y'know!! :)

jerry_enCater said:
No,it is meaningless.
If you find something, NV next drivers can fix it.
Do you remember the cloud?
LOL! :LOL: The nature of a cheat is that its developer already knows of its existence and wouldn't need the observation of a third party to fix it.

ok I know that 123456 is a classic example of "I know the technical jargon but I do not understand it"

some quotes if I may

"2: The logic is correct. Your logic is incorrect, there is no possible way that an emulator can be quicker than the real thing(expectially when the real thing is quicker than the emulator) unless it by passes a key component(Frame rate locker)"

well considering that ATi's shader performance blows nVidia right out of the water I can see how it would be faster on the emulator. Also the frame rate locker would be in the code, NOT the emulator.

4: The Ati can look better if it uses a superior quality DAC. the AIW's use excellent quality DAC's and a superior DAC gives better quality images. Well there is one thing that we can agree on becuse ATi DOES use a superior DAC

[rant]

Jerry, drugs are bad. You are way out of your league here. Go back to the hole where you came from. *cough*nvnews*cough*
[/rant]

jerry_enCater said:
They didnt say the version of 3dmark03 that includes advanced analytical tools to enable independent observers to catch any
potential questionable driver optimizations

is a Develop Version.Futuremark should let us know that Our public versions didnt have this function.
Do you agree?

Dude, are you one of those retarded people who NEEDS a label on a chainsaw that says, "do not attempt to clean chain while engine is running" to not do the same thing?

Why are you getting so up in arms over this? It looks like you're just trying to find something, anything to fault Futuremark about so Nvidia doesn't look so bad anymore. GIVE UP ALREADY, there's no scandal to get outraged about here!

They CHEATED, okay? Just deal with it already.

*G*

gkar1 said:
[rant]

Jerry, drugs are bad. You are way out of your league here. Go back to the hole where you came from. *cough*nvnews*cough*
[/rant]

Oh, come on, let's not bash nV News too much.
This community is certainly les full of fanboys and the people are certainly, overall, much smarter, but, hey, nV News ain't really a fan site either :)

Uttar

Uttar said:
Oh, come on, let's not bash nV News too much.
This community is certainly les full of fanboys and the people are certainly, overall, much smarter, but, hey, nV News ain't really a fan site either :)

Uttar

I hit NVNews almost everyday and Mike is a good guy, but if it's not a fansite then what is it?

If it's not a fansite, they may want to consider changing their name. However, I visit there quite frequently and can tell you it IS a fansite. Saying nvnews isn't a fansite is like saying rage3d isn't either.

jerry, merely "publishing" an uneducated opinion does not make it educated. Please educate yourself about this issue before replying again, or I'll be forced to sic "bad cop" Tag on you again (and this time without "good cop" Dave to soften the blows). :devilish:

I think NVNews is a fansite, but not a flaming one. Their news is fairly slanted, though.

Back