While the forums were down, I went shopping!

And here is the proof :)

Yep, it was so boring while the site was down that I finally gave in and bought a PS3, the 40GB one. It is very quiet and I'm liking it thus far, I also picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Two Blu-ray movies: 300 and Corpse Pride, and oh I just bought this SUPER awesome Sony KDL-40W3000 Full HD TV today.

I went to a store just to browse a little bit, because I was 100% sure that they don't have this new TV model in stock, as Sony has had an awful time of shipping these to Finnish retailers, but to my great amazement, they just received 1 unit yesterday, so instead of hesitating I went straight for the KILL!

I just got this thing setupped few hours ago and I'm also using it as a monitor for my PC and I hooked up the PS3 already, but rest of the equipment has to wait for a bit as I'm moving lot of stuff around in my apartment to suit this new setup.

I was initially going for 52" or at the very least 46" model, but the price curve is too steep on those, so I decided to change my living room setup and managed to reduce my viewing distance to just 1.8 meters, which is satisfactory for this screen size imo.

I've downloaded lot's of demos from the Sony store and and created an US account also in order to get the R&C demo. Some of those games and demos really do look much better in Full HD, as I had PS3 initially hooked to my 61" 720p RPTV, but now in Full HD even the PSP port Tekken looks pretty good and so does GTHD... Of course this new TV has many other things going for it than just 1080p though.

Hmm I quess tomorrow the GT5 prologue demo hits the Japanese store, so I think I'll have to create a Jap account too...

The TV works with both Terrestial and Cable digital TV and even has full support for HDTV transmissions!, all I need now is that my Cable provider finally starts to broadcast Canal+ HD channels.

Here is some specs of the TV

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProd...e=Overview&imageType=Main&category=TVP+LCD+TV

With all this spending I'm going to have to work some extra shifts at my shitty work :LOL:

Just thought I’d share this with you. I actually wrote most of this yesterday, but the site keeps going down on me every change it gets, so it took a while to post this.

My, if that livingroom doesn't get the girls, I don't know what will ;)

:LOL: hehe yeah things are a bit work in progress in my apartment at the moment, but it's been worse :oops:

right now the place is a mess and it looks kind of funny to have a 40" AND 61" TV in a 33m2 flat :)

I can see from your living room that you got your priorites straight. :D

Thanks for sharing your impressions of the TV set, the W3000 series is one that I am seriously considering, but I really need to get a 46" or more for our living-room so I might wait a few months more for the price to come down.

Woah, does B3D get a commission from the "withdrawal" sales ?

Welcome to the club. Don't forget to try out the Folklore demo ! (and MotorStorm and Heavenly Sword and ...) ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went out and bought a Sony KDL40W2000 when I got my PS3, and a Hannspree 37" for the 360. Makes such a difference!!

I strongly recommend shopto.net. They are selling PS3 40GB for 279.99 free shipping. 360s with HDMI are out for 199.99 :oops:

Yep I'm liking the TV so far, The picture quality is so much better than in my old TV, that even the games I've already completed feel like new. For example the textures in Halo 3 look awesome now. Ridge Racer 7 also looks pretty damn good in 1080p, when it looked meh in my old TV.

Okay, you're scaring me here. Is that for real ? [laughing nervously]

Dude check out the other wires laying on the floor, does it look like I have paid attention to stuff like that? :LOL:

Here is something to be scared about:

You guys would probably die if I posted pics of my kitchen, which I'm not doing as a favour to everybody hehe. But yeah I'll get these things sorted out, once I manage to get rid of my old TV, I'm going to have to move lot of stuff around just to be able to move the telly out of this apartment

This picture doesn't do a great job on representing how huge the 61" is compared to the new one, but I can assure that moving that thing is a bitch and I don't want to make everything tidy until that thing is out :smile:

I like that Sony flat panel is your other TV a CRT Projection?

You have some cleaning up to do someone might trip on some wires and go right out the window!...;)

This seems like the perfect little thread to confess my shopping habits went a little overboard last week as well... :oops:

Actually, the smilie is not very fitting, this one gets the point better: :devilish:

Hell yeah, I now have got a PS3 as well! Got one of the few 60 GB "starter-pack" versions left together with Resistance + Motorstorm and a new Hitachi 720p beamer!

Eventhough I knew exactly what I was expecting (been playing regularly at my friends place), I am still a bit overwhelmed by the whole package. The XMB is very sleek indeed and the prospect of new functions through regular firmware updates is very exciting.

Loving Resistance and Motorstorm as well. Awesome stuff.

Only negative points I have at the moment is that backwards-compatible on the European PS3 is a joke and has me quite a bit disappointed. Tried a couple of games and they either don't work, or run half as smooth (Ratchet & Clank 3). PSone backwards-compatibility on the other hand works fine - but is *very* pixelated. Tried Tomb Raider 2 and can't remember Lara being THAT pixelated. In other words, it hurts the eyes and is that bad, that it's hardly playable. :???:

Oh well.

Rock on PS3 games! :)
Next on the list will be Warhawk and Ratchet & Clank!

Only negative points I have at the moment is that backwards-compatible on the European PS3 is a joke and has me quite a bit disappointed. Tried a couple of games and they either don't work, or run half as smooth (Ratchet & Clank 3)

Well, you could just be unlucky with the games you tried. All the games I tried worked pretty well, but I only tried games that I still wanted to play (though I'll probably never get round to them now) like Resi 4, MGS3, and some of the stuff that keeps being fun like Buzz actually plays and look smuch better on the PS3. GT4 has some artifacts in the clouds sometimes, but most of the time it runs and looks great, and I can even use the DFPro wheel, and you have the added benefit if having unlimited memory cards. Singstar works too, mikes and all.

But recently I haven't touched anything PS2 (except my DDR with big dancemat, but that is in the guestroom downstairs for visiting kids and when I need a workout ;) ) and when this year is over, I doubt I'll ever put a PS2 game back in there. There's just too much stuff to play, as I'm sure you'll agree / find out soon enough. ;)

Let me know when you want to do some online Motorstorming (my PSN Id is over to the left), I haven't had a chance to play that game nearly enough, and should be fun to do some online stuff. And sign up for the Warhawk clan ;) Warning though, that game is terribly addictive online, once you get into it ...

Anyway, you know all these things ... but all these games are just so big and long-lasting, there's just not enough time in the day!

Back