What the **** is up at nVidia ?

What's up at nVidia ?

• David Kirk should stop smiling lamerously in photos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not nVidia's fault, i think Futuremark is a communist org.!

• Jen-Hsun Huang shouldn't be getting 400K bonuses and work harder

• nVidia should just use Rampage :D

• Dan Vivoli killed Kennedy!

• It's just god's punishment for an evil company

• Total voters
I'm not religious, but I voted that it's God's punishment.

I imagine He'd be pretty angry, because he knows that if nVidia had the chance, they wouldn't bother rendering Him because nobody can see Him. :LOL:

I voted for the David Kirk one.

More seriously though, the NV30 was a failure from the start. They didn't seriously think ATI would have the R300 ( again, Good job ATI! ) that good and the whole thing was both too ambitious and underresourced...

I think nVidia seriously hasn't been putting any trust in the whole NV3x as soon as the reviews hit. Now, they're just in damage control mode - for several months, and it's likely to continue for a while.

I think nVidia probably said "There, here's an additional 100 men and $200M, now make it good, PLEASE!" to the NV40 team, hehe.

Uttar

Mummy said:
I dunno if you guys followed the nForce 2 drivers debacle..

... For those in the dark, first the 2.41 drivers where pulled because of issues with the IDE nVidia drivers, then the 2.42 (2.41 without the IDE drivers) was pulled.

Updated May 23, 2003: If you have previously downloaded the 2.41 or 2.42 nForce kits and have experienced any problems please follow these instructions on how to re-install previous drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nforce_udp_winxp_2.03

Thank God for Win XP restore! ;)

(PS: An otherwise happy nForce2 owner starting to get slightly concerned)

Hanners said:
I'm not religious, but I voted that it's God's punishment.

I imagine He'd be pretty angry, because he knows that if nVidia had the chance, they wouldn't bother rendering Him because nobody can see Him. :LOL:

:LOL:

Nah, I think it's just Kirk who needs to stop smiling and get back to designing hardware that does not underperforms at ps2.0.

In the voice of someone who hasn't slept in several days and keep looking over his shoulder:

"It's a communist conspiracy I tell you!
Just look at what they did with Enron!!! Creating lots of fake reports to take down our glorious capitalist champion!!1

And don't buy that, "this is capitalism at it's worst", as they only use that to try to mindwipe you... They do that all the time you know... Even the government is in on it, only they try to hide it...

Hey, who's these guys in white clothes coming into my room?!?!"

Shouting:

"Stop that, no..... But I don't wanna go back to the white room! No, please, not the pillsss........"

:D

LeStoffer said:
Mummy said:
I dunno if you guys followed the nForce 2 drivers debacle..

... For those in the dark, first the 2.41 drivers where pulled because of issues with the IDE nVidia drivers, then the 2.42 (2.41 without the IDE drivers) was pulled.

Updated May 23, 2003: If you have previously downloaded the 2.41 or 2.42 nForce kits and have experienced any problems please follow these instructions on how to re-install previous drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nforce_udp_winxp_2.03

Thank God for Win XP restore! ;)

(PS: An otherwise happy nForce2 owner starting to get slightly concerned)

Guess I got lucky... I had downloaded the 2.41's earlier this week in anticipation of receiving my A7N8X Deluxe, which arrived on Thursday. However, my heatsink didn't arrive until Friday, and when I installed everything last night, I had forgotten I had already downloaded the drivers and downloaded them again (this time the 2.03's, although I hadn't noticed the change). My terrible memory actually did me some good, for once. Now let's just hope the girlfriend's birthday doesn't become it's next victim.

martrox said:
Maybe it's time for the.....<omnous music>........Spanish Inquisition :!: :!: :!:

:rolleyes: ;) :LOL:

Bring in... THE COMFY CHAIR! Maybe that would have forced them to listen to the Dustbuster and realized ahead of time that it was the worst idea since.. uhhh... well, the NV30?

How can one company make a great product like the nforce2 and then a less than spectacular product like the NV30-5? I wonder.

By being cocky and thinking your competitors will not do anything while you work, then rushing the partially-finished product.

What I'd like to know is just how the "golden standard" in drivers can put out such crap....and that includes the Nforce drivers.......

Remember, the "golden standards" were said to be well over a year ago. Since that time... Their competitor has put out exceptional hardware and improved their software by leaps and bounds. Plainly put, Nvidia is in a high-pressure situation. That is not an ideal condition to be working under. They're lacking in composure.

For what it's worth, the nForce 2.41 drivers seem to be working flawlessly for me. Of course only my DVD-Rom drive is connected to the IDE channel, as my hard drives are on a raid controller card. I just wonder what was so pooched with them that they flat out pulled them.

The 2.41's are working fine for me, too....but the horror storiesmake you think of Via fondly......... ;)

Back