Street Fighter 4

How's online activity so far?

It's fine. Once interesting thing is that by default when you go into arcade mode you are automatically in online mode. At any time during the single player arcade game, an online opponent might jump into your game and challenge you.

So even if it was a really slow day with few people online, you won't have to waste a lot of time in the lobby just waiting around for something to happen.

You can disable it too if you just want to play offline without interruption. But by default it is on. And you can also toggle between ranked mode and non-ranked mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cool ... Can you also set it so that only friends can do that?

Street Fighter wasn't my thing back then and I don't think it is now, but I do recognise that this release seems to have a lot of thought put into it as well as heaps of polish.

Worst thing I can say about it as that the English translation and voice acting is quite awful. Particularly in the short intro and ending cut scenes. The game gives you the option to toggle the language though. And even on a per character basis. But all the anime cut scenes are disappointingly bad anyway.
That's a pretty cool option. I was playing Soul Calibur IV the other day, wishing I could just have the Japanese characters speaking Japanese. I can't stand to hear them speaking English, but it feels wrong to hear Darth Vader speaking Japanese.

Best Buy and Toy R Us did not have it in today.
The figure that comes with the regular SKU from Toys R Us is pretty crappy though.

It will be in tomorrow, but if you're looking for the LE version, skip Toys R Us.

man, i'm having serious issues with the 360 controller, wth it's a nightmare. Should have gotten it for ps3 but i just had a great deal on 360 version.

If only a damn keyboard would work :(

Been playing it for a few days now. PS3 version. It's pretty great so far. It plays as expected. Like a 2D SF game but with much flasher visual effects. Frame rate is locked at 60fps. I've never seen it drop or tear a frame.

Online works perfectly from what I have experienced. Both ranked matches and player matches. Voice chat works fine from the moment you are in the lobby and through the fights.

There is nice a training mode and a challenge mode that help you learn the game better.

Worst thing I can say about it as that the English translation and voice acting is quite awful. Particularly in the short intro and ending cut scenes. The game gives you the option to toggle the language though. And even on a per character basis. But all the anime cut scenes are disappointingly bad anyway.

So the Asian version has both English and Japanese?.

If so I might just order it off play-asia. Are the online matches region locked?>

So the Asian version has both English and Japanese?.

If so I might just order it off play-asia. Are the online matches region locked?>

Playing the JP version. I have no idea about the Asian or US versions.

In the JP version, many of the menus are JP only so I wouldn't recommend it. Only for the audio do they have complete copies of both. Probably the English versions have this too.

The music is probably different though. The JP version has some kind of jpop at the main menu screen playing. I believe the game supports custom sound tracks but I haven't tried or looked for that feature yet.

Online is not region locked from what I can tell. And you get a connection strength bar graph like on a cell phone to tell you how good the latency is.

Playing the JP version. I have no idea about the Asian or US versions.

In the JP version, many of the menus are JP only so I wouldn't recommend it. Only for the audio do they have complete copies of both. Probably the English versions have this too.

The music is probably different though. The JP version has some kind of jpop at the main menu screen playing. I believe the game supports custom sound tracks but I haven't tried or looked for that feature yet.

Online is not region locked from what I can tell. And you get a connection strength bar graph like on a cell phone to tell you how good the latency is.

Thanks for that, I will wait for the US version to come out then. :D

I don't think I'd ever heard of those USB Saturn pads, but thanks for bringing them to my attention. I just ordered one! Now I just gotta get SF4.

Just got mine, they're great. As I had read on forums, they're made by Sega Logistics Services (made in China, naturally), they're pretty light (no rumble) but the d-pad just has a great tactile feel, it's fun to just press the D-pad. :D I didn't own a Saturn, but I did own a couple of the 6-button Genesis pads, it really brings back memories. And tested it out in SSF2HD and it worked great, I'm much better with it than I was when I was using my Hori Fighting Stick 3.

Online plays very well but im dissapointed by the lack of features.

Rooms only seem to allow 2 people so no spectators, a problem if you want to play more than 1 friend :cry:

Also no tournaments.

No punishment for people quitting out of ranked games, which has happened a few times already. Bad for the ranking system.

Host of ranked game can kick challengers, allowing people to be selective in who they fight. Bad for the ranking system.

I do like the title/icon system though. You unlock different icons and titles to put on your battle car. There are tons of them. Adds a little personality to the whole thing.

Newegg has de-listed the Collector's Edition for PS3. I had it on pre-order and they didn't even tell me it was no longer available. So as far as I can find, it looks like the only way to get the CE is to pay over $100 to the gougers. I'll pass.

Newegg has de-listed the Collector's Edition for PS3. I had it on pre-order and they didn't even tell me it was no longer available. So as far as I can find, it looks like the only way to get the CE is to pay over $100 to the gougers. I'll pass.

Such is the beauty of the pre-order system, like it or love it, it can work to your favor.

I walked in to use my store credit on Buzz, but they were sold out. After playing the 360 SF4 demo I caved in and bought the PS3 version (D-pad decided it). I hope I actually play it, it feels like SF2, but I'm not 18 anymore...

I will never play online, so I hope the SP is satisfying.

The PS3 version isn't in stock at B&N and doesn't show at Wal-mart.

Yeah, sorry when I looked last night it was the only 2 places that had it. I should have bought it myself, but the shipping was about a week and I was impatient.

It's a shame that there were not enough Collector's edition. Usually, they overstock these CEs. I bought a regular edition, but I'm holding off on opening it until the weekend because of school work. Crossing my fingers that I find one tomorrow so I can return the one I have.

I walked in to use my store credit on Buzz, but they were sold out. After playing the 360 SF4 demo I caved in and bought the PS3 version (D-pad decided it). I hope I actually play it, it feels like SF2, but I'm not 18 anymore...

I will never play online, so I hope the SP is satisfying.

there's a demo? :oops:

Back