PS Store update ramblings

It's a physcological (sp?) thing isn't it...it's exsisted forever, 99p not £1, £99.99 not £100 (etc).

Nesh, I'm sure the minimum is £5 anything over is exact, so it'd be £9.98.

I agree with the system I suggest is in place or (as suggested) just drop the .99 rubbish - it's been talked about for ages over here, dropping coppers and sticking to either .95 or £1 - it makes sense, I mean these days a penny is nothing - you can hardly get penny chews any more!!

Either way, this system is miles better than the MS system, you have to buy £15 at a time and I currently have 500 pts wasting away (and have for many months)...it (sort of) makes you buy stuff you probably wouldn't have...

Either way, this system is miles better than the MS system, you have to buy £15 at a time
Eh? Minimum purchase for me is 500 points, at £4.25.

Which is a bit annoying, as most significant things (ie, not gamerpics or themes) are in increments of 400, but it's a long way from £15.

never heard of that...I thought the lowest you could buy was 2100 points?

a quick online check seems to confirm my thoughts??

but you also highlight the other issue, the content is more often that not nothing like the points you can buy...

edit: wiki mentions this, but I can't find anything else, nowhere to buy it...and I've owned a X360 since launch and it's the first I've heard of it!?

never heard of that...I thought the lowest you could buy was 2100 points?

a quick online check seems to confirm my thoughts??

but you also highlight the other issue, the content is more often that not nothing like the points you can buy...

edit: wiki mentions this, but I can't find anything else, nowhere to buy it...and I've owned a X360 since launch and it's the first I've heard of it!?

Hit X to add points while in the marketplace (only works once you're actually on a page listing the specific downloadable content for a particular game, rather than the general listings of games with downloadable content, or whatever). You should get options to add points in increments of 500, 1000, 2000, or 5000.

Yeah, but you only need TWO clicks to get around that one. ;) Not ten.

Which is finally bust, anyway.

You can shorten the PSN payment flow by going into Account Management and turn off some confirmation screen, and also turn on auto-wallet top-up. I haven't tried it myself though... in case my kid start messing around. >_<

You can shorten the PSN payment flow by going into Account Management and turn off some confirmation screen, and also turn on auto-wallet top-up. I haven't tried it myself though... in case my kid start messing around. >_<
Doesn't actually STOP kids, though. Unless they simply can't understand what a "confirmation screen" is. :p

It's not like it asks for a password confirmation or anything. Basically, if you left the console alone and in your profile, that's what you get. The "password on checkout" is not a default option, or somthing I actually have on, so I'm not counting it in the "too much goddam clicking" count.

Yes, they have their ways with computers. He flipped my wife's laptop screen upside down within a few seconds. We have to google the Internet in an upside down fashion to find out how to revert the setting.

I remember the check out flow asked about topping up (which can be short circuited). What I dislike is XMB switching keys midstream (e.g., Press <X> to continue, then press <Start> to continue, and then <right arrow> to continue again). The UI designer should be shot.

We are using a consumer app... not a secure enterprise application for crying out loud.

EDIT: Besides, the <Start> key doesn't seem to have an equivalent on a USB keyboard. So I had to switch to the controller to continue (and then back to keyboard again). Other than that XMB navigation using keyboard is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upside-down screen? "Why do we even have that lever?!"

I think it's for the tablets. You can twist and fold the screen such that top is now bottom. So the solution is to flip the screen vertically (Shouldn't this be automated instead of an explicit setting ?).

Man, they should have turn off that option for desktops and laptops. For a moment, I thought my son is a genius/wizard of some sort.

Back