Okami style screen saver for PS3 Eye

patsu

Legend

You control the flock using your hands.

I hope they add video background in XMB too (This is the 4th time I mentioned it on this forum already :p)

Intriguing, and you have to admire Sony's willingness to embrace the new and original content, but...there's a fair number of products appearing on PS3 that just make multiple bold question marks appear over my head.

You know, I wonder if this is a sort of viral marketing? It generates a curiosity which would like to be resolved. The content seems game-like. Perhaps its a release of an idea in development, to see what the response is? That's one huge plus to download content - you can trial ideas on the general public.

The new VP of Product Marketing has quite a bit of packaging to do...

If they use their resources properly, even the minimalist PS3 XMB (without PS Home) can be insanely great. Right now, there is no multiplier effect, and everything nice is scattered.

BTW, I heard Tim Schaff has hired more software people on board. I look forward to his contribution. His team would understand the value of middleware, unified experiences, etc. best compared to other hardware-oriented Sony teams.

EDIT: More PS3 Eye stuff:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I heard Tim Schaff has hired more software people on board. I look forward to his contribution. His team would understand the value of middleware, unified experiences, etc. best compared to other hardware-oriented Sony teams.

You have any idea where? I'd love to know since his office is just down the hallway from my cubicle... :p

Someone from the group I'm in now works for him :p

I have no idea which group he joined. I can't say who he is though. Was told over lunch it's better to keep it hush-hush around here. I only found out recently, so he might have joined a short while ago.

Now that I know you're near Mr. Schaff. Any harmless tidbits to share ? Like will PSP and PS3 ever get a consolidated and smooth user experiences like an Apple device ?

I should start some random rumor and wait for you to debunk. Hopefully by elimination, I can get some general idea :devilish:

It would be nice if the music visualizer in the music player was PS3 Eye compatible too!
That would be hours of fun if the visualizer reacted to my air drumming :)

It would be nice if the music visualizer in the music player was PS3 Eye compatible too!
That would be hours of fun if the visualizer reacted to my air drumming :)

That's a great idea. I am still waiting for them to do the Minority Report style XMB... like this old concept video:

Back