Good 24" LCD Monitor ?

Best 24" screens at the moment according to www.lesnumeriques.com

-Iiyama ProLite B2403WS
-Belinea o.display 24 4.1
-Dell 2407WFP
-Dell 2407WFP-HC

(http://www.lesnumeriques.com/article-240.html)

The BenQ and Samsung have only 3 stars.
Here's a nice link to compare screens from that site :
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=48&mo1=141&p1=1562&ma2=50&mo2=234&p2=2162&ph=1

You can see a lot of differences.

The 22" are better than the 24" atm, so depending what you want to do with your screen, you might consider a smaller one...

Thanks you for the site. :)

Anyway why 22" better than 24" atm ? I dont mind 22" one too if its support 1920 x 1200 resolution

Best 24" screens at the moment according to www.lesnumeriques.com

-Iiyama ProLite B2403WS
-Belinea o.display 24 4.1
-Dell 2407WFP
-Dell 2407WFP-HC

(http://www.lesnumeriques.com/article-240.html)

The BenQ and Samsung have only 3 stars.
Here's a nice link to compare screens from that site :
http://www.lesnumeriques.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=48&mo1=141&p1=1562&ma2=50&mo2=234&p2=2162&ph=1

You can see a lot of differences.

The 22" are better than the 24" atm, so depending what you want to do with your screen, you might consider a smaller one...

Without clicking your links and simply judging by their rating of the two highest-rated 24" gaming LCDs on the market and the LCDs they rate higher, I'd say that site is more geared towards IQ when looking at still images, and thus not really apt recommendations for the OP's intended use.

Samsung, Acer, or Benq are what you want @ 24" for gaming.

I'm looking a new monitor for my pc.Which one is a good monitor that gives high resolution ? 3D work,3D gaming
Please suggest me. :)

This is the one I like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001234

I recently got the Samsung, picture quality is awsome for both desktop stiff and gaming, also the scaling to lower resolutions is great. There may be monitors out there that rate higher but to be honest, I doubt you would notice the difference in anything but a side by side detailed analysis.

My only problem with it is there doesn't seem to be a way to hide the cables, they just dangle from the bottom either side of the stand which is annoying.

Hello everybody, I know that you can use your tv as a computer monitor, but is there any way to do the opposite. I just purchased an LCD computer monitor and I was wondering if there is any way to rout your cable thru the monitor so that you can use it like a tv screen. Is there anyway to view your cable thru an LCD computer monitor? If so, please let me know urgently. Thanks.

If you have, say a digital tuner box with HDMI out, and the monitor supports HDCP, it should work just fine.

Without clicking your links and simply judging by their rating of the two highest-rated 24" gaming LCDs on the market and the LCDs they rate higher, I'd say that site is more geared towards IQ when looking at still images, and thus not really apt recommendations for the OP's intended use.

Samsung, Acer, or Benq are what you want @ 24" for gaming.

Well that site compares everything pretty much. The face to face comparisons include shots of moving objects to judge trailing and also a latency test vs a crt.

The Benq certianly has lower trailing but also has a higher latency.

If you plan on using your monitor for any other than a direct PC connection make sure you do your research before hand. Lots and lots of monitors have random issues with secondary (i.e not DVI) inputs.

For example my BenQ FP241VW has an 5% overscan issue with the HDMI input (i believe this has been fixed on later firmwares). To get around it I've had to hook my pc up to the computer with a dvi -> hdmi converter and my ps3 is now hooked up to DVI with a HDMI -> DVI converter. I know some of the old dell 24inchers had an issue with their component as well. So just be careful if you intend to use something beyond DVI.

Mediocre 24" LCD Monitor?

Having recently moved I find myself in the market for a cheap secondary monitor.

My ex 'secondary' 42" LCDTV is now in the lounge running HDTV & I am reduced to single monitor paupery :(

I was thinking I'd get a nice cheap 20" 1600*1200 monitor to use for browsing, keeping my existing 2407WFP for gaming/video (also probably going to be running HDTV on it via a card/dongle)

But nobody seems to still be making 4:3 1600:1200 monitors anymore?!
Its all Widescreen & increasingly 16:9 not even 16:10.

Ok, not nobody but what 4:3 1600:1200 screens are out there are about twice what I was wanting to pay or more.

Infact, low end 24" screens are cheaper by a substantial amount...
So I've been looking at my options & Dell currently has the S2409W at NZ$449 including shipping which seems like a sweet bargain :)

Its a 16:9 1920*1080 though & while thats ok for videos/TV, I'm not entirely sure.

There are a few other 24"s around the same price, mainly various AoCs.
Anyone got any experiences with these cheap 24"ers?
What reviews I've been able to find seems to indicate that once calibrated, the Dell at least is pretty good (probably better than the 2407WFP I suspect)

I'm quite anti-LCD, but I'm really pleased with the Benq E2200HD. There is also a 24 inch version, the E2400HD. They are 16:9, great colour, little to no lag (5/2ms), VGA/HDMI/DVI_D Dual, 1920x1080, very cheap for what you get (mine was £136 inc delivery). The stand is nothing spectacular, and they have the same viewing angle and black issues (claimed 10000:1 contrast ratio) as other good TN panels. I'd certainly recommend checking one out if you can, and check through the various picture modes.

You are going the right way. LCD monitors are good for eyes. It also reduces the power consumption. You are right. Go buy

I'm quite anti-LCD, but I'm really pleased with the Benq E2200HD. There is also a 24 inch version, the E2400HD. They are 16:9, great colour, little to no lag (5/2ms), VGA/HDMI/DVI_D Dual, 1920x1080, very cheap for what you get (mine was £136 inc delivery). The stand is nothing spectacular, and they have the same viewing angle and black issues (claimed 10000:1 contrast ratio) as other good TN panels. I'd certainly recommend checking one out if you can, and check through the various picture modes.

Really good deal at BenQ online store, also there's free shipping.

http://store.benq.us/benq-us/product.aspx?sku=3880705&section_id=567&culture=en-US

Personally if you're going to do much gaming or using your computer for anything but watching movies most of the time, I'd go for the 1920x1200 version of that Benq. The G2400WD for example.

You'll see just a bit more when browsing the web or documents, you'll have just a bit more desktop space, you'll have generally less trouble in games since not all properly support 16x9 versus 16x10.

The only drawback is you'd have ever so slightly larger black bars top and bottom on some 16:9 films while having slighly smaller black bars on the sides for 4:3 movies. And for those rare videos that are 16:10 you won't have any black bars at all. While most widescreen films will STILL have black bars whether you have 16:9 or 16:10.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I've heard of the Benq one, apparently uses the same panel but the cheapest I can find here is NZ$100 more pricy + delivery charge on top.

Its also a 16:9 which was the main thing I'm not sure I'm keen on.
I like having those extra 120 vertical pixels.

But then, I'd probably be using this as the video/TV screen & still using my existing 2407 (1920*1200, 16:10)for browsing etc so that'd actually be fine I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've heard of the Benq one, apparently uses the same panel but the cheapest I can find here is NZ$100 more pricy + delivery charge on top.

Its also a 16:9 which was the main thing I'm not sure I'm keen on.
I like having those extra 120 vertical pixels.

But then, I'd probably be using this as the video/TV screen & still using my existing 2407 (1920*1200, 16:10)for browsing etc so that'd actually be fine I guess.

I thought the same thing, but in the end I decided that 1920x1080 was plenty enough res as I was on a tight budget and the E2200HD was extremely good value for money. Other screens with similar spec and performance in 16:10 were at minimum fifty percent more expensive.

Well I've gone ahead & ordered the Dell after all.

It occurs also that theoretically a 16:9 screen will display a 16:9 movie bigger than a 16:10 of the same diagonal dimension which would be nice.

Back