flOwer (PSN title)

I care! :D

Btw... You have to buy it again, or if you got it on PS3 already then you also got it on PS4?

I care! :D

Btw... You have to buy it again, or if you got it on PS3 already then you also got it on PS4?

I would guess, based on how Sony have been doing things, you would have a small upgrade fee to pay.

Either way it's a definite purchase for me, flower is a family favourite!

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

I would guess, based on how Sony have been doing things, you would have a small upgrade fee to pay.

Either way it's a definite purchase for me, flower is a family favourite!

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

Well I would hope, and I actually assumed, that this will be a new Flower made for PS4. With all that entails (imagine next gen grass!). If it's just a port then no thanks!

Well I would hope, and I actually assumed, that this will be a new Flower made for PS4. With all that entails (imagine next gen grass!). If it's just a port then no thanks!

As far as I can tell it's just a port, running 1080p@60. It's been handled by ThatGameCompany so there is a good chance they may well extend it for the PS4 which would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

What would be good would be the VR version of flower!!

As far as I can tell it's just a port, running 1080p@60. It's been handled by ThatGameCompany so there is a good chance they may well extend it for the PS4 which would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

What would be good would be the VR version of flower!!

Lost the link now, but it's been confirmed that they 'upgraded' the grass too. Somehow.

The Journey team must've known about the PS4, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a version already done. In fact, anything released in the last 16 months wouldn't surprise me if it came out with a PS4 version.

It would not be a terrible thing if lots of previously released titles were ported for PS4 IMO, even if only marginally improved. I haven't bought any new console games in ages simply because the next gen have been around-the-corner-ish...

The Journey team must've known about the PS4, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a version already done. In fact, anything released in the last 16 months wouldn't surprise me if it came out with a PS4 version.

ThatGameCompany used the Phyre Engine (http://www.thatgamecompany.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=906) for flower, so they might have done that for Journey also.
So if the Phyre Engine is extended to support PS4 (flower is coming, so not an unreasonable assumtion), I think we can expect to see Journey to.

ThatGameCompany used the Phyre Engine (http://www.thatgamecompany.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=906) for flower, so they might have done that for Journey also.
So if the Phyre Engine is extended to support PS4 (flower is coming, so not an unreasonable assumtion), I think we can expect to see Journey to.
Phyre Engine is supported on PS4, so you may well be right there. Phyre Engine games may be instantly portable with a simple load of the project and rebuild depending on how high level they are.

Having said that, a smidge of Googlage throws up this, where PhyreEngine was used in part for Flower, so it may be more of a collection of libraries and tools than a standalone 'game maker engine' like Unity, blowing that theory out the water!

I did enjoy Flower quite a lot, but I don't really see the need for an upgraded version of the game just for the sake of 1080p/60... I'll have to see what else they've improved before I double-dip.

I did enjoy Flower quite a lot, but I don't really see the need for an upgraded version of the game just for the sake of 1080p/60... I'll have to see what else they've improved before I double-dip.

Flower was not just a cool game but a great tech demo, with all those physics animated blades of grass. It would be a really cool exercise to test the PS4s physics capabilities on that front. Perhaps that alone triggered them to do it, but I definitely appreciate it and will get the game again if suitably impressive. The new better gyro may help as well.

Back