Afrika - TGS 2007 trailer

Could work well with casuals I think in combination with 'collect them all' features and a very extensive photo mode option.

How about a "sims africa"?

Instead of people, you pick an animal.

If they keep up with the animation and the ai, it would be fun just to watch them interact.

Yeah, cross species breeding FTW. I always wanted to see what a Lhiono would look like :p

VLC has serious decoding glitches for me with the latest GT trailers from TGS, whereas Media Player 11 drops (lots of) frames but the rest is intact.

Some sort of slower pace but persistent online RTS would be great for me.

Or a Sim game (like keeping an aquarium).

Seaman ? No, my friend. Real life is better. The law of mother nature in Africa is good enough.

Lions vs Buffalos vs Crocodiles (Sorry, no space marines, aliens or pets allowed).

Make sure you watch the entire thing. ;-)

EDIT: This game should be bundled or co-marketed with Planet Earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seaman ? No, my friend. Real life is better. The law of mother nature in Africa is good enough.

A joke!

But on the topic of a brutally honest Afrika sim, I don't think it would be quite the hit Sony would be looking for. ATM, I'm not sure it would sell to that (HC $500) crowd, and when they hit mainstream pricing, they will want something rated <pg13.

I think for the current (HC $500) crowd, they would need a bit more (consistant) action.

Yeah I know you're joking. As a concept I think it has broader appeal for families and non-gamers. The game has no release date yet. Perhaps it'd be ready by the time PS3 drop price. Quite a few people are intrigued by this title over at GAF :)

For all I know, Afrika is a hardcore God game, that will come out God knows when. I don't see much point speculating its appeal to casuals at this point.

Patsu, great video BTW, thanks.

For all I know, Afrika is a hardcore God game, that will come out God knows when. I don't see much point speculating its appeal to casuals at this point.

Patsu, great video BTW, thanks.

Argh ! You're right. I meant "theme" not concept. Many people, gamers and non-gamers, can relate to animals, safari, travel, ... that sort of things. But the game concept may indeed be hardcore :(

I guess I wasnt the only one that thought "pokemon snap" when I saw this game last year ;)

I wonder if this will be one of those PS3 games that will be advertise as 1080p@60FPS :LOL:

Take pictures of beautiful (computer generated) Animals in Full HD at 60 frames per second...

It'll certainly be interesting on what type of gameplay this will have :smile:

I heard it's supposed to be a safari and photo-shooting game.
The game description in another retailer confirms that, the player is a photo journalist and takes photo on foot, in a jeep, or from a baloon. So it seems it's a simulator rather than a game in the traditional sense. Encounters with animals make the in-game animal database grow. It contains non-CG rare footage of animals in Africa too.

http://gmstar.com/ps3/afrika.html

Back