Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Several bookmaking agencies closed betting on him being the first PL manager sacked this season after the game yesterday. I guess a draw at SB against a team of Norwegian 'amateurs' were too much for Abramovich who looked non too happy during the match.

Not surprising, really.

He's now probably aiming to coach the portuguese national team, and after the recent games and events scolari is probably on his way out.

Norwegian amateurs? I take exception to that.
Why? Compared to the Chelsea players, they kinda' are.

None of the team in the CL are actually amateurs or bad teams, though, and if ones like Chelsea drop 10% while ones like Rosenborg step up their game, results like this can happen.
Code:
---------------------------------Potential------------------------------>
[--------------Rosenborg------------x--]
                                 [--x------------Chelsea----------------]
                                    ^
                                    |
                                 This game
Anyhow... The quotation marks combined with the observation that Abramovich were in fact (bizarrely) looking very happy should have been clues enough that I was being factitious... When Rosenborg took the lead he was grinning like drunken schoolboy.

Firing him before the important match on Sunday seems like a really bad decision, IMO.

Not surprising, really.

He's now probably aiming to coach the portuguese national team, and after the recent games and events scolari is probably on his way out.

I sure hope Portugal has horrible performance in the remaining games, especially in their last game...

I sure hope Portugal has horrible performance in the remaining games, especially in their last game...

Not likely.
The big shots (both the president and the management team headed by Scolari) currently at the National Football Federation (FPF) hate his guts ever since he criticized them for not including more FC Porto players while he was still head coach and winning two championships, a Portuguese Cup, a UEFA Cup and a Champions League with players that were, in some cases, in the line-up of a few semi-amateur teams just a few months before he took over at Porto.

In fact, FC Porto still dominates domestically, but Scolari continues to mostly ignore FC Porto players. He even stopped doing research and watching its games, unlike most of the other Bwin Liga's teams.

You can't buy that kind of long term hate easily. It takes someone... special. :smile:

You can't buy that kind of long term hate easily. It takes someone... special. :smile:
What does one thing have to do with the other? If you look at the location tag for Dr Evil and the table bleow, you might see why he hopes for Portugal to screw the pooch and how that ties in to Mourinho possibly wanting the job. Special hate or not: if they don't qualify, Scolari will be a goner.

Edit: Won't he?After thinking about your location for 30 seconds, I realize you probably know what Dr Evil meant, but I still don't get your point. Are you saying the core people in the Portuguese association hate Mourinho more than they'd hate to miss out on qualifying for Euro 2008?
Code:
[B]Group A	        Pld	Pts[/B]
Poland          11	21
Finland	        11	19
Portugal	10	17

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying the core people in the Portuguese association hate Mourinho more than they'd hate to miss out on qualifying for Euro 2008?
Code:
[B]Group A	        Pld	Pts[/B]
Poland          11	21
Finland	        11	19
Portugal	10	17

Yes.

Anyway, all is not lost.
Portugal still has one more game to play than both Poland and Finland.
And now, with Scolari forced out of the bench, we can't lose. We eat Dr. Evil's for breakfast. :D

Anyway, all is not lost.
Portugal still has one more game to play than both Poland and Finland.
And now, with Scolari forced out of the bench, we can't lose. We eat Dr. Evil's for breakfast. :D

:)
I can't say that I'm too confident in our chances... I mean let's face it, Portugal is much better at playing fooball than we are and basically one point from Portugal is pretty much all that I can expect us to get with good performance. We would also have to beat Belgium in a road game and the scoring is a real issue for us, our strikers just plainly suck. We played well against Poland little while ago, but 0-0 was a bad result, also losing in Azerbaizhan is probably going to be costly in the end...

Finland has never been in the final tournaments and this group was our chance of a lifetime, then they go ahead and lose to Azerbaizhan....!!!!

Not likely.
The big shots (both the president and the management team headed by Scolari) currently at the National Football Federation (FPF) hate his guts ever since he criticized them for not including more FC Porto players while he was still head coach and winning two championships, a Portuguese Cup, a UEFA Cup and a Champions League with players that were, in some cases, in the line-up of a few semi-amateur teams just a few months before he took over at Porto.

In fact, FC Porto still dominates domestically, but Scolari continues to mostly ignore FC Porto players. He even stopped doing research and watching its games, unlike most of the other Bwin Liga's teams.

Hehe, I had to confirm first but I could tell from your words you were a Porto fan! :D

I agree with you about scolari, though. What a stubburn sob..

Back