Yakuza 3

Some more:

502oxo3.jpg

6c6spjb.jpg

66extfc.jpg

4vockmh.jpg

There's a trailer at the site too. Looks very promising indeed..hopefully it'll be localised for a western release. It's unfortunately rare to see games like this from japanese third parties lately, so the more the merrier!

After watching the trailer and the gameplay videos, I've to say the story & the setting sound really interesting. I am looking forward to this one.

Is this supposed to be based on Musashi Miyamoto from history? What the Samurai Trilogy movies are based on? (with Toshiro Mifune - super movies, btw!)

Those are three of my favorite movies, so if this is even somewhat based on the story of Miyamoto's life, then I'm definitely very interested!

Is this supposed to be based on Musashi Miyamoto from history? What the Samurai Trilogy movies are based on? (with Toshiro Mifune - super movies, btw!)

Those are three of my favorite movies, so if this is even somewhat based on the story of Miyamoto's life, then I'm definitely very interested!

It's probably very loosely based on his "Five Rings" or the popnovel "Musashi", I'd say you're probably retracing his footsteps. It's set in 1605 (so right after the Yoshioka duels). The Japanese Wiki tells me that outside the pleasure quarters of Kyoto you'll go by the name of "Miyamoto Musashi", but in Kyoto you'll live as a local sword for hire and use a pseudonym.

Yakuza 2's just been release hasn't it?

Don't know much about this but it certainly looks impressive.

I'm hoping you know a bit more about this than I do. And because of that I'll just fire off some quick questions... Is it just a pretty face? Will it get a western release? And if so, does localisation take forever?

Cheers.

Yakuza 2's just been release hasn't it?

Don't know much about this but it certainly looks impressive.

I'm hoping you know a bit more about this than I do. And because of that I'll just fire off some quick questions... Is it just a pretty face? Will it get a western release? And if so, does localisation take forever?

Cheers.

Same question. ^_^

Incidentally, I finally found Afrika this noon. It's selling for US$60 in the Santa Clara User's Side store.

Woah, SEGA pulling off these kind of graphics? On the PS3? Exclusively? You gotta be kidding. Why put so much effort into it, I mean, I know Yakuza has a following in Japan (and other parts of the world) from the PS2, but is it really a system seller there?

I would've said they were doctored if it wasn't for the aliasing. Love the blur filters. It's not going for a photo realistic style but I don't want it that way anyways.

Back