[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

I really should finish this. The reason I stopped playing? The "locale navigation" didn't sit at all well with me.

I think he meant the galaxy map when you're traveling between worlds.

Finished the game and it's definitely up there with Up Your Arsenal for me. Let's see if this is indeed the last R&C game but if it is, it' a great way to go.

I think he meant the galaxy map when you're traveling between worlds.

Finished the game and it's definitely up there with Up Your Arsenal for me. Let's see if this is indeed the last R&C game but if it is, it' a great way to go.

Yep, that's what I meant. Shows how little I played it I guess. Sorry patsu!

I never played the PS2 Ratchet games much, but really love them on the PS3. Ended up getting ToD from lovefilm and being disappointed but then played and got into it. From there I had my mind set on this and QFB.

After QFB this game looks amazing, I was "wow this" and "wow that" at first. Really a solid looking game, and it is funny too, another plus.

I do not generally go back through games, and certainly do not usually go for 100% but I was going for it when my PS3 died right before the final showdown. I have since bought a slim and played through it again, will all Ryno V, all weapons, all zoni, and gold golts. went back for the "second fight", only hard boss battle in the game. All weapons to level 5 and a spare 650,000 bolts. Now about half way through a play through on hard to get extra skill points and to get all omega weapons and upgrade them. Hard, so far, still seems easy, in that I wonder if Iit really went to hard or not.

Really great game.

[Throw dirt and leaves up, fling sh*t around like a gorilla]

But the galaxy map is only a menu ! :p

A menu of sorts right?? Isn't there an element of shooting spacecraft/satellites and landing on the small celestial bodies? Gah, screw it... I'm gonna fire it up again later tonight.

The galaxy map itself is a menu to different location in space (like the World Map in Playstation Home).

You're probably referring to the space exploration (a la the Ocean in WindWaker) ? IMHO, it's a huge step up from ToD, but can be improved even further.

Aye, I was thrown off by the word "Locale". It means a different thing. Thought I missed something in the game. ^_^

It's just space ! Why do you hate the exploration ? I kinda like it. I wish they have more species though.

Finally finished. Had some trouble figuring out where to go
when you have to go fight Nefarious. Finally figured it out after a little help from google.
I liked the story in this more than ToD, but for some reason I enjoyed the gameplay more in ToD. Still a great game that I think anyone will enjoy. It's right up there with ToD overall.

Well, i have to say that after having played my first R&C game (Tools of Destruction) and after having finished something like 3 times in a row - which is very unusual for me - i will buy this regardless of the fact that it might look 'like a polished PS2 game' (and sometimes, between low res textures and bad, bad filtering, it kinda does), regardless of how it looks. If it's 'more of the same', then the game is a blast and i'll buy every R&C game in the future.

One thing, I would have liked a bit more 'leveling up' and surely more difficulty levels: because of the 'Challenge Mode' which lets you start a new game with all your weapons and items from previous game, now i have something like 250M bolts and a couple of million 'raritanium', even after spending 2M on the Golden Groovitron and even after buying all the Omega weapons and completely levelling them up... Or maybe i'm just a freak and i should just stop playing it!!

I'd love to play the game on some ultra hard mode now with all my weapons maxed out. Can't be that hard, just put 10 times as many enemies and off you go!!
As it is, i blast my way through the game in a couple of hours. I found all the secret bolts, holo things, weapons and for once i actually want to replay a game after finishing it (which hasn't happened for a lot of high profile games like U2, KZ2 and others), and there's just not much there to play with!

Well, i have to say that after having played my first R&C game (Tools of Destruction) and after having finished something like 3 times in a row - which is very unusual for me - i will buy this regardless of the fact that it might look 'like a polished PS2 game' (and sometimes, between low res textures and bad, bad filtering, it kinda does), regardless of how it looks. If it's 'more of the same', then the game is a blast and i'll buy every R&C game in the future.

One thing, I would have liked a bit more 'leveling up' and surely more difficulty levels: because of the 'Challenge Mode' which lets you start a new game with all your weapons and items from previous game, now i have something like 250M bolts and a couple of million 'raritanium', even after spending 2M on the Golden Groovitron and even after buying all the Omega weapons and completely levelling them up... Or maybe i'm just a freak and i should just stop playing it!!

I'd love to play the game on some ultra hard mode now with all my weapons maxed out. Can't be that hard, just put 10 times as many enemies and off you go!!
As it is, i blast my way through the game in a couple of hours. I found all the secret bolts, holo things, weapons and for once i actually want to replay a game after finishing it (which hasn't happened for a lot of high profile games like U2, KZ2 and others), and there's just not much there to play with!

l-b, my son LOVED Tools...Crack...not. so. much. I'm glad you liked Tools though!

Hi guys,

I do not have tools of destruction. However, I have booty and crack in time. Is it ok if I skip tools of destruction until later?

Hi guys,

I do not have tools of destruction. However, I have booty and crack in time. Is it ok if I skip tools of destruction until later?

all those games are somewhat related story wise...so you miss a little bit on the story side...it is tough to answer as it depends on how much you follow the story anyway.

if there is a chance, i recommend to play TOD first, but it is certainly not necessary!

Back