Lamborghini Reventon

I dont see the difference between a handbuild engine from Ferrari, Koeningsegg or Merc AMG. They are either all in the same boat, except that the Ferrari engine will brake down a lot and make a lot of high pitched noise.

Ford GT40 nor Ford GT (new version of the old one) aren't supercars either.

Yes I agree, thats kinda what I tried to say. Ferrari's engine's arnt that unreliable anymore I heard though. Mostly electronics that break down every other day. Still better than koeningsegg, I heard you can be happy if it starts at all.

Wghat Ferraris use engines sourced from outside manufacturers?

Anyway, a true supercar IMO is equipped wiht a V10+ engine. :p You can get very fast SPORTS cars with less exclusive engines of course, but to be special you have to be SPECIAL. You can't just come dragging in whatever engine you find on the market. Heh.

Peace.

Why v10? I cant think of any supercar that uses a v10. Well, the gallardo does but I hate that car.

Even if you look at that I think you should just say the same as Enzo Ferrari did and say anthing that doesnt have a v12 isnt a real supercar.

Supercars are about performance and exclusivity, the size of engine argument is rubbish.

I'd take a good old porsche 959 with its v6 over most of the supercars being shown lately. You could actually drive the thing off the track.

According to your definition a Viper is a supercar while the Audi R8, Ferrari F355 and Ford GT aren't. :LOL:

I wouldd't put any of those cars except for the Ford GT as a supercar.

355 is just a fast exotic. Audi R8 is just a fast audi. They aren't expensive enough, fast enough and they are way to mass produced to be "supercars" imo.

In my definition (unlike rainbows) what defines a supercar is performance, avaliability and price, in that order.

You don't need a v10 or better to be a supercar.

I'd also class the Ford GT as a supercar, just because it wore a Ford badge doesn't mean it can't be a super car.

I think it was built in England by ilmor? and the road versions (especially the early ones) were pretty much thouroughbread race cars.

As for the lambo, I think it's fantastic. It plays a lot of homage to the countach(sp?)

I'd also class the Ford GT as a supercar, just because it wore a Ford badge doesn't mean it can't be a super car.

I think it was built in England by ilmor? and the road versions (especially the early ones) were pretty much thouroughbread race cars.

As for the lambo, I think it's fantastic. It plays a lot of homage to the countach(sp?)

The GT is pretty much all european, Thats why you can call it a supercar even though it has a ford badge hehe :D

I dont remember exactly but im pretty sure the chassis is done by the lola guys and also the brakes and suspension are from europe.

That's just retarded. So as an example, if a car uses Brembo brakes and Ohlins shocks the car is designed in Europe?

Anyway the Ford GT40 that won the 24hrs of Leman in the 60s did use a Lola racing chassis, but I've yet to see any evidence of Lola being involved in designing the chassis for the present day street car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ang Getrag provides the gearbox and so on...

Pretty much everything in every car is built somewhere else, so nothing special there.

Back