Lamborghini Reventon

These kind of cars just arnt practical so its no wonder alot of them end up in garages most of the time
Can you even drive a "supercar" like this one in congested city traffic without the engine overheating? :cool:

Considering these things are often cramped inside and have little or no rear vision etc you're probably right about the lack of practicality of these vehicles..

Not to mention lack of luggage compartment, insurance costs, fuel consumption etc. Though at least the second and last issues are miost likely no (financial) problem for a person who could afford the car in the first place.

However there are a couple guys who do seem to drive Lambos on a regular basis in the city where I live. I see 'em every once in a while.
Peace.

I think it fits the Top Gear definition of a supercar: looks like it's been designed by a twelve-year-old in their bedroom

Can you even drive a "supercar" like this one in congested city traffic without the engine overheating? :cool:

Yup, but its a big hassle to drive such a car in normal traffic. I haven't driven a lambo, but i have had the pleasure of trying both a F355 and F430, after a half hour in city traffic in the F355, your sweaty like a pig and completely exhaused. (yes this is an exageration, but its very stressfull to drive imo)

F430 is more cultured.

Considering these things are often cramped inside and have little or no rear vision etc you're probably right about the lack of practicality of these vehicles..

Meh, lamborghini owners have developed a special tactic for this, developed during the countach age, what you do is open up your door and peak backwards, as demonstrated on top gear

Last edited by a moderator:
This says...
car2xn5.jpg

...off me.

The Saleen S7 is a very impressive automobile, much better looking and performing than the Lamborghini imo.
And IMO that saleen thing's very conventional, boring, uninspired and basically a style-wise ripoff of several Ferrari models. Nothing distinguishing about it whatsoever that gives it its own identity, nothing unique, nothing special.

Besides, anything not carrying at least a specially engineered V10 is not a true supercar. Modified stock V8 engines don't do the trick, sorry. And it's a damn PUSH-ROD clunker? Jesus! They still MAKE those?! :oops:

Not even close, no cigar.

And what's up with that giant overhanging ASS on the car? Makes it look fat!

Peace.

And IMO that saleen thing's very conventional, boring, uninspired and basically a style-wise ripoff of several Ferrari models. Nothing distinguishing about it whatsoever that gives it its own identity, nothing unique, nothing special.

Besides, anything not carrying at least a specially engineered V10 is not a true supercar. Modified stock V8 engines don't do the trick, sorry. And it's a damn PUSH-ROD clunker? Jesus! They still MAKE those?! :oops:

Not even close, no cigar.

And what's up with that giant overhanging ASS on the car? Makes it look fat!

Peace.

well if you want to drive a lambo best get used to looking at the ass, cuz thats all you'd get to see. :D

Not to mention lack of luggage compartment, insurance costs, fuel consumption etc. Though at least the second and last issues are miost likely no (financial) problem for a person who could afford the car in the first place.

However there are a couple guys who do seem to drive Lambos on a regular basis in the city where I live. I see 'em every once in a while.
Peace.

Well most modern supercars are fairly comfortable on the inside as far as room goes and certainly the supercars from the last few years all have power steering, airco, TC and a option to do electronical shifting or use the flappy pedals.

But for daily driving its to wide, to low and way to unreliable. Though its not impossible. I remember a TG test where jeremy had to drive a Ferrari 412 a whole week and he did say it was usable everyday. I suppose if you live in the more open parts of america its not that bad but in the city or countries where all the roads are full I dont think you want to use it everyday. I'd get really annoid sitting in traffic jams all day while I want to do 200mph just to get caught by the cops once you press the gas for a second.

well if you want to drive a lambo best get used to looking at the ass, cuz thats all you'd get to see. :D
Look.. I'd rather stick to relatively close approximation of the speed limit so I won't get thrown in jail in a stylish classy and beautiful Lamborghini than stick to relatively close approximation of the speed limit so I won't get thrown in jail in a soulless american bastardization of real sportscars powered by stone-age tech.

It uses rear wheel drive and push-rods/two valves per cylinder because they can't build it any better than that.

:p

Peace.

It's too cuneiform in my opinion, and the color makes it look very cold.

Painted in red and black im positive it would be a perfect candidate for
Carmageddon_PC__64145.gif

In California, supercars hardly see the freeway because of traffic and the poor road surface. Most supercars I've seen in Beverly Hills and Belaire only drive locally, and the streets there aren't very crowded unless you're talking about Wilshire Blvd in BH. A lot of the wealthy people take a limo or luxury sedans if they need to get on the freeway.

Besides, anything not carrying at least a specially engineered V10 is not a true supercar. Modified stock V8 engines don't do the trick, sorry.

So that means 90% of all Ferrari's, all Koeningseggs, Merc SLR etc etc are not true supercars going by your definition.

The second fastest car in the world, is not a true supercar :S

the xj220 is only a 3.5 litre v6 and it will out drag a zonda

Because of the big ass turbo :D its to bad Jaguar decided to build it in the middle of a economic recession so it never got the v12 engine it deserved.

So that means 90% of all Ferrari's, all Koeningseggs, Merc SLR etc etc are not true supercars going by your definition.

Atleast Ferrari doesnt use stock v8 engine's. Unless you want to call Ferrari's in house engines's stock ofcourse but that would make their v12's stock too. Koeningsegg doesnt use ''stock'' engines either anymore I believe. I think they build their own engine for the CCX. The SLR is probably the most ''stock'' I think.

Atleast Ferrari doesnt use stock v8 engine's. Unless you want to call Ferrari's in house engines's stock ofcourse but that would make their v12's stock too. Koeningsegg doesnt use ''stock'' engines either anymore I believe. I think they build their own engine for the CCX. The SLR is probably the most ''stock'' I think.

I dont see the difference between a handbuild engine from Ferrari, Koeningsegg or Merc AMG. They are either all in the same boat, except that the Ferrari engine will brake down a lot and make a lot of high pitched noise.

Ford GT40 nor Ford GT (new version of the old one) aren't supercars either.

Wghat Ferraris use engines sourced from outside manufacturers?

Anyway, a true supercar IMO is equipped wiht a V10+ engine. :p You can get very fast SPORTS cars with less exclusive engines of course, but to be special you have to be SPECIAL. You can't just come dragging in whatever engine you find on the market. Heh.

Just because you're fast don't mean you got class. :p

Peace.

Back