What color should my new car have?

I see you don't like Audi -and generally I share your opinion- but the new RS6 sounds perfect for your needs, and I'm sure with 570 HP it will devour the Porche any time any day.

All friends around here that I've heard any opinion from about colours on cars say that white is for poor bastards that can't afford other paint. That's such a well rooted opinion that it doesn't matter if the paint is some fancy variant of white that costs just as much as the other options.

I vote for blue, red as second.

All friends around here that I've heard any opinion from about colours on cars say that white is for poor bastards that can't afford other paint. .
Dare you to move to a hot country and have a dark car.:p

Arwin, what car did you buy? (btw, south in spain, as in marbella? I practically grew up around there)

I don't think you'd want to know. ;) (It's a lease, for work, by the way.)

My mom lives in Cartagena, near Huelva. It's lovely there! Funnily enough, my aunt / her sister lives in Minnesund, Norway. ;) So I guess we sometimes hang out in similar places. ;)

what's the use of a fast and inefficient luxury car?
I'd say rich people should have a responsibility in not buying such inane shit.

the yellow one looks great though :)

what's the use of a fast and inefficient luxury car?
I'd say rich people should have a responsibility in not buying such inane shit.

The main use is looking good when i pull up to uni :D

And hey, im trading in my Merc for this, which is a environmental catastrophe by itself compared to this car, im doing everybody a favor :p (And for the record i am not rich)

Anyways, back from the Porsche Dealer. They didn't let me test drive any Carrera 4s (the two they had avaliable where deep inside the store), took a Targa 4S out for a spin, slower than my merc, tad worse ride comfort aswell, but i liked it.

The Carrera 4s they had in store was black, and i absolutely loved how it looked, didn't like the blue color (saw it on a 997 Boxter) so much in person, red one looked nice. Black and silver is their most popular colors, so might just get a red one.

Hard choice :)

Maybe the others all come to uni with their private choppers? than a Porsche is a bit cheap indeed.

And im already worried how im gonna pay for the 2k year long train ticket when I go to uni :')

I beg to differ. If you're in university, and can afford a $200kUSD car, then you are "rich".

The Carrera 4s starts at around 89k USD. So he's only kind of rich. =P

Why not get a subaru AWD for the winter and a lotus Exige for the non snowy days? =) The exige is a fun little ride, Im trying not to buy one myself.

Ostepop lives in Norway... where Carrera 4s costs 1450000 norwegian money, which is about 251k$, Targa 4s is 260k$, so I would say he is fairly rich for a university student or he has a access to somebody else who is rich. Cars are very expensive in Norway and although Norway is quite a rich country you still don't see new 911's there in every street corner:)

Lol I hope someday I have similar problems as Ostepop has. Audi's rule BTW. so I'll go budget on you. the new S5 would be sweet in pretty much any colour.

You should support the scandanavian car industry and buy one of these
Looks like a car from Ridge Racer...

And all the colours presented look good, so it's really a matter of deciding quick and go with it.

By the way, did you patent your internet TCP/IP-based stabing system to be able to afford Porshes? :devilish:

Why not get a subaru AWD for the winter and a lotus Exige for the non snowy days? =) The exige is a fun little ride, Im trying not to buy one myself.

Man, you guys have different ideas about what "rich" means. My wife and I were happy we could afford to buy a new Hyundai instead of having to get another used car.

Nite_Hawk

Ostepop lives in Norway... where Carrera 4s costs 1450000 norwegian money, which is about 251k$, Targa 4s is 260k$, so I would say he is fairly rich for a university student or he has a access to somebody else who is rich. Cars are very expensive in Norway and although Norway is quite a rich country you still don't see new 911's there in every street corner:)

Lol I hope someday I have similar problems as Ostepop has. Audi's rule BTW. so I'll go budget on you. the new S5 would be sweet in pretty much any colour.

Wow!!!! ok Ill then eat my words and put him in the mega rich category. Whats the average norwiegan make?
Thats some serious cash for a porsche 911.

Whats the average norwiegan make?
The average isn't all that interresting, IMO, but a normal starting salary for a university graduate (MA or sought after BA) is in the neighborhood of $60-80K. Perhaps more for sought after specializations in the hard sciences or economics. A high normal wage, discounting other financial incentives like options and commissions, is double that.

Job security is good and real estate prices likewise, so it's not too hard to borrow money at reasonable rates, though. Due to the Norwegian taxation system, resale value for high-end cars is pretty good as well. If a well educated young person with some additional collateral (like say an inherited flat) wanted to, he/she could probably afford to drive a Porsche without necessarily being 'rich'. However, that would be more of a lifestyle choice than the normal thing to do.

Edit: Oh, and get the blue one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the Norwegian taxation system, resale value for high-end cars is pretty good as well.

My Merc CLK 500 Kleeman ("Stage 2") has a trade in value at porsche for $140k. A deal i today said yes to without hesitation, as i cannot imagine its a easy car to sell.

To the "rich" comments: i would not look at myself as rich. Im lucky and spoiled (CLK was a gift), and i live in one of my dads flats for free, got a very decent paying part time job, so no expenses except for food, clothes and drinks, and i've had most of my savings has been played on the stockmarket. Even with a simple OSX-index fond the market has been brilliant and during the last 3-4 years the Oslo Stock Exchange index has seen a 270% raise.

Anyways, back on topic:

Signed a contract on a black 2008 (ive allways wondered why the models are 1 year ahead of what they really are if you buy a car in the fall) Porsche Carrera 4s today. Kinda sad about the delivery time thought, 3 months.

Imo, the black one looked better than anything else in real life.

Back