PS3 Demos

Oh! So there's Siren Demo on JAp store????:oops: I need to create a jap account ASAP !:devilish:

BTW, I tried HAZE demo.......The online Co-op option is really cool, makes me wanna replay with different people ! The gameplay is of the first level of the game, so, you can't expect super intense fights, but I think it has the potential to take on Resistance in later stages ! it has that frantic and fast feel when there are more enemies on screen, so, in later stages when there would be bigger set pieces, I think it will be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how old this is, but I just downloaded Battle Fantasia. I don't have much of a clue as to what's going on, but I already like it. :D HK store. Perhaps elsewhere too. The only way I can describe it at the moment is as a 2D fighter. Download the video, the first 5 seconds should tell you if you'll be remotely interested in it or not.

Not sure how old this is, but I just downloaded Battle Fantasia. I don't have much of a clue as to what's going on, but I already like it. :D HK store. Perhaps elsewhere too. The only way I can describe it at the moment is as a 2D fighter. Download the video, the first 5 seconds should tell you if you'll be remotely interested in it or not.

It controls like street fighter.

Playing Echochrome for short breaks. The game is missing a level restart button. Sometimes I get stucked on a level (jumped into a closed area and can't "Escher" my way out).

Playing Echochrome for short breaks. The game is missing a level restart button. Sometimes I get stucked on a level (jumped into a closed area and can't "Escher" my way out).

There is one in the full game (not the demo),
start-> retry

BTW, is it possible to share user created levels?

its too small! just one puzzle !

By the way, if I want to uninstall a demo, do I just delete it? or do I have uninstall it from some place????:oops:

Been having some fun with the Bourne game. I like the fast pace. Don't think I will buy it, but will def rent it. Grfx pretty sharp.

its too small! just one puzzle !

Huh ? I thought the simple demo has 3 levels ? Anyway, the game has many mazes. I am playing user created ones right now. Am stucked in this one:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/echochrome-user-levels/783022/

By the way, if I want to uninstall a demo, do I just delete it? or do I have uninstall it from some place????:oops:

I simply delete it. The file system is custom. So I assume it will do the right thing.

I liked the Stranglehold demo ! They kept unlocking new moves after each play!

Burnout and Stranglehold are the demos I liked !:cool: Its surprising coz I was thinking I won't like these !

Is there a way they can make the demo process less painful?

I just queued up Grid and Haze. Haze downloaded and finished first, it took about 20 minutes to "install" after it downloaded...

Grid then finished, and when I hit install it says "Installing..." with no progress for about 2 minutes, then "An error occured during the install operation (80029564)."

The install process always bugged me since I never had that on Xbox 1 or 360, but when they somehow mess up a demo download process on a fixed platform like the PS3 I don't even know what to say...

Is there a way they can make the demo process less painful?

I just queued up Grid and Haze. Haze downloaded and finished first, it took about 20 minutes to "install" after it downloaded...

Grid then finished, and when I hit install it says "Installing..." with no progress for about 2 minutes, then "An error occured during the install operation (80029564)."

The install process always bugged me since I never had that on Xbox 1 or 360, but when they somehow mess up a demo download process on a fixed platform like the PS3 I don't even know what to say...

hmm? Never had a error downloading and installing on my PS3 and never took me so long to install a game.

Ditto. Sounds like you may have harddrive issues?

agreed - didn't this come up elsewhere that this can happen and mean a HDD error? certainly it could be a corrupt d/l - so far I've d/l about every demo without any issues (touches wood!) - FTR the install process is because the PSN demos are compressed meaning quicker to d/l and less bandwidth.

I liked the Stranglehold demo ! They kept unlocking new moves after each play!

Burnout and Stranglehold are the demos I liked !:cool: Its surprising coz I was thinking I won't like these !

:LOL: I enjoyed Stranglehold as well. I know it's shallow, it's pretty repetitive and it hasn't got the best game mechanics. But it's fun (I like mayhem :D).

agreed - didn't this come up elsewhere that this can happen and mean a HDD error? certainly it could be a corrupt d/l - so far I've d/l about every demo without any issues (touches wood!) - FTR the install process is because the PSN demos are compressed meaning quicker to d/l and less bandwidth.
I understand that they are compressed, but at least here in Toronto, Canada the XBL Downloads are much faster overall as well. The end result is a demo on the 360 is downloaded and running 3-4x faster than an equivalent PS3 demo. My mind boggles.

As for this being a HDD issue, I'd hope not. I haven't tried redownloading yet, but nothing else seems weird -- I'd just installed Haze a few minutes before, which is a larger game. It sounds like there's some kind of data corruption here, but I don't see how that can happen on a modern computer platform in 2008?

The install option only happens when one uses background download. I believe this is a security feature. The PS3 can act as a server (for a l-o-n-g time). Engineering probably doesn't want people to stealth install binaries on the PS3...say remotely. So like Windows Vista, you'll need explicit user consent (via physical input) to proceed.

Data corruption may happen during HDD write. Modern file system uses sophisticated file system technologies to minimize these issues. PS3's file system is custom; probably very secure, but also very simple and fast.

I understand that they are compressed, but at least here in Toronto, Canada the XBL Downloads are much faster overall as well. The end result is a demo on the 360 is downloaded and running 3-4x faster than an equivalent PS3 demo. My mind boggles.

As for this being a HDD issue, I'd hope not. I haven't tried redownloading yet, but nothing else seems weird -- I'd just installed Haze a few minutes before, which is a larger game. It sounds like there's some kind of data corruption here, but I don't see how that can happen on a modern computer platform in 2008?

My bad on the HDD - I remember now that it was something to do with a currupt f/w update screwing up the system...if this happens you need to send it away to be fixed. It only affects a very small minority tho.

As for d/l & install - you're still saving bandwidth, here in the UK I'd say my experience with both consoles is that PS3 is at least the same if not faster (tho I sold my X360 a while ago so that may have changed) - also here people have d/l caps so I guess it's swings and roundabouts...

Back