PS3 Demos

taking a page from Tap In's thread, ill list the recent and complete list of PS3 demos based on the N.A. PSN. let me know of any other demos from other regions.

Recent:

2/14/08
MLB: The Show 08
Everybody's Golf 5 (EUR)

2/7/08
Lost Planet Multiplayer Demo (Pulled for now)

1/31/08
Conflict: Denied Ops.

1/24/08
Devil May Cry 4

1/18/08
Turok
FIFA Street 3

1/10/08
Super Stardust HD
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

1/7/08
Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza 3) (JPN)

1/3/08
NFL Tour '09

12/27/07
The Club (EUR)
Super Stardust HD (EUR)

???
Snakeball

12/6/07
TimeShift Multiplayer Demo
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (EUR)

Complete List (excluding the above):

All-Pro Football 2k8
Armored Core 4
BladeStorm
Blast Factor
Blazing Angels 2
Clive Barker's Jericho
College Hoops 2k8
Conan
The Darkness
Def Jam: Icon
DiRT
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Fifa 08
Folklore
Formula One: Championship Edition
Full Auto 2
Genji
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Go! Puzzle
Go! Sports Ski (JPN)
Go! Sudoku
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (JPN)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Heavenly Sword
Juiced 2
Lemmings
Minna No Golf 5 (JPN)
MLB 2k7
MotorStorm
MX vs. ATV
Nascar 08
NBA 07
NBA 08
NBA 2k8
NBA Live 08
NCAA Football 08
NFS ProStreet
NHL 08
NHL 2k8
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
PixelJunk Racers
PES 2008 (EUR)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Sega Rally Revo
Skate
Stranglehold
Stuntman: Ignition
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
The Simpsons
Tiger Woods 08
TimeShift
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Toy Home
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Virtua Tennis 3

Last edited by a moderator:
I just gave the Stranglehold demo a shot. Great fun! The game is very hectic but I became quite comfortable as I played. The aiming sensitivity may need adjustment for some (I had to adjust mine) but it does offer a wide range of values to choose from.

I was a bit skeptical due to initial criticisms towards the game, but I think this is one I wouldn't mind buying. :)

The pacing felt a little awkward at first but it does definitely have that action movie feel to it.

nice thread :)

good to have a place to give some of these games their due that never have a full thread made about them.

I tried the tiger woods and nascar demo, i must say i was.. disapointed with the looks of nascar, tiger woods was a bit better.

I tried the tiger woods and nascar demo, i must say i was.. disapointed with the looks of nascar, tiger woods was a bit better.
didn't try the nascar demo (can't stand nascar) but i was kind of disappointed with the TW demo.

the stranglehold demo was pretty cool, longest demo i've played afaicr. i might pick this up when it comes down in price or i can find it cheap.

hope the R&C demo comes out soon. theres supposed to be a Lair demo coming too. even though ill never buy it, i still want to try it.

I liked the Stranglehold demo, not enough to actually buy the game though, but it was nice. Loved the standoffs. The framerate though...it dropped sometimes to unacceptable levels, they were more like freezes. Hopefully that's fixed in the final game though I'm not holding my breath.

i didn't really notice any framedrops, and i'm usually very sensitive to them. i actually found it to be quite smooth, but i did notice a few split-second pauses (2 or 3 and i played through it twice).

Stranglehold was BAD. Bad character animations with poor ingame acting (HS you've spoilt us!), a floating main character, with arcadey shooting sections, destructable environments, although amusing, are very poorly implemented.

The graphics were poor - really i don't think this game has anything in it to make me want to buy it, and I expect the game itself won't be great. I'd be very confused if this game got reviews nearing 8 for it would insult all the other games that have presentation far superior to this.

Ps. Framerate is better than in the 360 version - since it's not as variable.

Yeah, there are definitely a bunch still missing. The Go! games (Go! Puzzle and Go! Sudoku) had demos, and so did Nucleus (actually quite fun demo) and as mentioned, Super Rub-a-Dub.

Stranglehold was BAD. Bad character animations with poor ingame acting (HS you've spoilt us!), a floating main character, with arcadey shooting sections, destructable environments, although amusing, are very poorly implemented.
I liked the demo, it felt way better than Max Payne. The animation was weak but people getting shot actually felt like a Hong Kong action movie, overly exaggerated that is.
I liked the standoff mini game as well. Stylish moves being awarded is also nice. Gfx wasn't particularly impressive but I will forgive that due to destructiblity of the environment. Framerate was good enough with occasional slideshows which looked like swapping was going on. Cover system could be much better. Baggage and Spin Attack felt a little useless (Yeah, I played all of the difficulties).

In the end the demo was enjoyable and long enough, definitely made me consider the CE version.

ps:I don't think most of the cut-scenes are real-time.

Yeah, there are definitely a bunch still missing. The Go! games (Go! Puzzle and Go! Sudoku) had demos, and so did Nucleus (actually quite fun demo) and as mentioned, Super Rub-a-Dub.
thanks. as i said, i added all the demos i saw on the N/A PSN.

I liked the demo, it felt way better than Max Payne. The animation was weak but people getting shot actually felt like a Hong Kong action movie, overly exaggerated that is.
I liked the standoff mini game as well. Stylish moves being awarded is also nice. Gfx wasn't particularly impressive but I will forgive that due to destructiblity of the environment. Framerate was good enough with occasional slideshows which looked like swapping was going on. Cover system could be much better. Baggage and Spin Attack felt a little useless (Yeah, I played all of the difficulties).

In the end the demo was enjoyable and long enough, definitely made me consider the CE version.

Max Payne felt very natural as a third person shooter to me - probably largely due to the KB/mouse combination. Agreed on barrage and spin attack; I didn't use either of them. I too noticed the swapping; sometimes it was so bad it was as if the game froze. For now that is my main complaint. Secondary to that is the sound quality of the voices; it's awful particularly during the second stand off.

I did enjoy the slow mo bullet time and watching it go into their eyes/neck - that was satisfying lol. But otherwise having him slide accross any table whether i was running backwards or not felt so dated.

Does the PSN store get updated once a week? Ive had my PS3 about 3 weeks now, and have gotten 2 updates.

Also.. I would love a Lair, and Warhawk demo.

Back