Heavenly Sword: Part Deux

Question to the Devs:

Is it true (read on another forum) that most of the HS cut-scenes are actually captured videos? Someone said something like that because there is a Bink! video logo at the ending of the game.

If it's true, why did you go this way (capturing all cutscenes to video instead of using the RT engine)?

As already mentioned,
RT cutscene = longer load times. You have to load all the extra data.
Captured cutscene = shorter load time. Less to load and we can load things whilst showing the video.

Not all are though, in some case we just render them real time.

How can we know which are real time and which are not?
If you cant tell, there is no problem. ;)

What kinda breaks the immersion though, if your character suddenly wears different weapons or clothes. I have 1 game in mind that annoyed me because of this... but I cant figure out which game ATM.

"on par" ?

5 making of? And a whole animation series?

The only reason you're disappointed is because they were released over PSN. But thing is they were made for the game, as extras...would have been nice to have unlocked them and seen them for the first time when you buy the game. BUT...most people have online and can download them. Plus...perhaps it was Sony's doing, saying that they wanted people to sign up to the PSN (cheeky!)

ps. Have you seen that much artwork ever!?

pps. Wish the music tracks were unlockable.

The amount of artwork you can unlock is overwelming!
I was disapointed because I thought that the videos released over PSN were just the tip of the iceberg... Especially when we were told that it could reach BR50 because of the extras...
But that's OK. After all what's important is the game, and the game is great.
On a side note, this is the first game that 2 women friends that I have could not stop playing! And one of them almost hates (although she doesn't admit it) gaming!!!

I think that the real time cutsceens are unskippable... When you press start, the game just pauses, while the video cutsceens can be skipped.

If you cant tell, there is no problem. ;)

What kinda breaks the immersion though, if your character suddenly wears different weapons or clothes. I have 1 game in mind that annoyed me because of this... but I cant figure out which game ATM.

Resident Evil4 on the PS2?

easy, real time sequences don't have video compression artifacts :)

Well with the high res images that can fit in BR I though artifacts wouldn't be visible. Or at least as visible :p

I think that the real time cutsceens are unskippable... When you press start, the game just pauses, while the video cutsceens can be skipped.
That ought to be the other way round. The video cutscenes are used while loading data, so the delay is unavoidable as things are loaded from disc. You can't skip that. Whereas realtime ones can be skipped as the next bit of game data is already available.

That ought to be the other way round. The video cutscenes are used while loading data, so the delay is unavoidable as things are loaded from disc. You can't skip that. Whereas realtime ones can be skipped as the next bit of game data is already available.

Its not that simple, sometime when loading cutscenes are used, we block the skip button (cos all you'd get would be a loading screen). RT are never skippable. The real indicator of RT are never available in the cinema front end selector.

So for example many of the Kai ones aren't available to watch in the front end (cos RT).

why? she is so strangely sexy .. especialy while she was hugging nariko
Talking about Nariko, the only thing i would have improved is more physics at her boobs..I mean, they just dont move or bounce .

why? she is so strangely sexy .. especialy while she was hugging nariko

That's because she's vulnerable... you predator ! :devilish:
That and you're probably a KISS fan :p

Talking about Nariko, the only thing i would have improved is more physics at her boobs..I mean, they just dont move or bounce .

Well... can't say I didn't try to make her jump into the water.

No wonder you guys almost filled up a BRD if most of the game cutscenes were 720p Bink! video. Why not use a more advanced video compressor?

why to save space ? lol . you think after all that $$$ put into the game, they dont think about those thinks?
its probably cheaper /better/costeffectiver

No wonder you guys almost filled up a BRD if most of the game cutscenes were 720p Bink! video. Why not use a more advanced video compressor?

I´m sure you can ask the guys who made the game to make an actual breakdown of how much space the different asset in the game took. Maybe this game could fit on a 7GB dvd?

I bought this game yesterday, it looks fantastic, hands down the most beatifull looking game i have ever seen. The details are almost scary, i can´t wait to show it to one of my friends that make CGI movies for a living. I used to tell him "get into games graphics" and he normally answered "it looks like shit" no way.

The only think I found sad about some cutscenes is that I lost the corpse I was carrying across the scene. I had kind of a habit of bringing one with me, as they made very useful "first salvo" objects to aftertouch. ;)

And seriously... when you go to the trouble of lugging a corpse with you for a hundred yards, you want it to still be there! WHERE'S MAH CORPSE?!!

Back