LocoRoco PS3 - Release date

Actually, it's out in Europe! A no-brainer at euro 2.99, it's not quite as good as the PSP original, but there's some fun stuff there. It's a bit messy and not that easy, as they're a tricky bunch to control ... Seeing the scores though in the online scoreboards, I guess you can figure them out quite well. ;)

It's cute, but it's a bit crowded for my (and even our) taste. I'd still have loved 'regular' loco roco on the big screen with basic tilt controls.

Right now you use the tilt for controlling the mui mui controlled devices in the game world, and for the rest you just fly your butterfly around with the analog stick and call the locoroco with the circle.

It remains merrily original though, and is still a fun addition to PSN and I think especially if you don't know the PSP version, there's a lot of fun to be had. The PSP game is a more rounded game though. This is, well, different. But great value for money! (euro 2.99! they might as well have made it free!)

Kinda figured they'd bring the PSP version over to the PSN as well. Why not give it more exposure and sales, not to mention let people see what they can do with the SIXAXIS?

Actually, it's out in Europe! A no-brainer at euro 2.99, it's not quite as good as the PSP original, but there's some fun stuff there. It's a bit messy and not that easy, as they're a tricky bunch to control ... Seeing the scores though in the online scoreboards, I guess you can figure them out quite well. ;)

It's cute, but it's a bit crowded for my (and even our) taste. I'd still have loved 'regular' loco roco on the big screen with basic tilt controls.

Right now you use the tilt for controlling the mui mui controlled devices in the game world, and for the rest you just fly your butterfly around with the analog stick and call the locoroco with the circle.

It remains merrily original though, and is still a fun addition to PSN and I think especially if you don't know the PSP version, there's a lot of fun to be had. The PSP game is a more rounded game though. This is, well, different. But great value for money! (euro 2.99! they might as well have made it free!)

I heard they made the game overly complicated by introducing too many controls. I think simple mechanics like Super rub-a-dub works better for this type of games.

Yes, ironically this is almost more of a hardcore type game. In some ways it's more difficult, mostly because you're not directly in control.

Basically the game is a cross between the bonus game in Loco Roco PSP where you can set up an environment in which LocoRoco find their own way through the screen without needing any tilting, and the original game. The LocoRoco have a circular path they can follow through the level, and you need to make them pick up other LocoRoco along the way, until you have enough to open up the gate to the next level. You can draw them from their paths or to another path, to pick up more sleeping LocoRoco along the way.

I never think they intended it to be a true sequel to Loco Roco though. This is more of an experiment, and an excuse to use more PS3 power by allowing ridiculous amounts of locoroco and such on screen.

I'm hoping that when Loco Roco 2 comes out for the PSP, they'll make a PSN version of that too - they certainly seem to have the graphics engine ready for it!

And I love the original game. It's my favorite platformer ever. I'd rate it 11/10.

Back