Halo Wars

iceberg187

Regular
http://communities.canada.com/share...chive/2007/08/29/x07-interview-jeff-bell.aspx

"Jeff Bell: With Don Mattrick coming on, replacing Peter Moore, he's in the process of laying out or strategic vision for this year. Look for us to get a more consistent rhythm. Games that are coming include Alan Wake, Fable 2, Halo wars which is locking and loading for a Spring release. Those games will be shown after the Holiday. The Tokyo Games Show will be a place where we show off new elements."

Spring for Halo Wars? It almost sounds too soon... But I suppose if you consider that it's an RTS, it isn't. I wonder what they have lined up for Holiday 2008. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Too Human would be great.

Jeff regarding GTAIV said:
I know Microsoft's Chris Satchel and his team were physically working with them and felt the game was going to be delivered on time, but until it shines you never know.

hm.... Who is Chris Satchel?

Finally new announcements from Microsoft. Hopefully there will be some megatons.
In the case of EA, we just have an incredible partnership with them. Madden is not exclusive for us but they know where their bread is buttered. We will outsell the PS2 and PS3 version of Madden this Holiday Season combined.
Do you think it's possible?

Finally new announcements from Microsoft. Hopefully there will be some megatons.

Do you think it's possible?

It might be a bit of early forecasting, but out of the gate last month, NCAA on 360 outsell the PS2 and PS3 versions put together. The 60fps thing was talked about a lot in regular media. Maybe they have insight at a few figures.

Looks like the Covenant have found a Forerunner installation. The mention of the Flood/parasite is curious... And it appears an Arbiter is involved in this Covenant operation - he wouldn't be the same one in Halo 2/3 of course (btw, kick-ass CG detail :cool: ).

Harvest was a planet that the humans lost, I believe in the 2nd Halo book... I guess this shows that humans want to take back the planet.

Harvest was the site of first contact between humans and the Covenant. The fifth novel, Halo: Contact Harvest, details it. Humans initially lose the planet, but eventually take it back after years of fighting. Going by the captain's dialogue, the humans have just won the space battle and control of the system, but clearly the Covenant have troops still on-planet.

hm.... and by the Gold Elite's mention of the Flood... they may be facing an outbreak.

Harvest was the site of first contact between humans and the Covenant. The fifth novel, Halo: Contact Harvest, details it. Humans initially lose the planet, but eventually take it back after years of fighting. Going by the captain's dialogue, the humans have just won the space battle and control of the system, but clearly the Covenant have troops still on-planet.

hm.... and by the Gold Elite's mention of the Flood... they may be facing an outbreak.

oh ic, thanks for clarifying lol

i guess the flood is another race we can play/fight against?

oh ic, thanks for clarifying lol

I should note that the book doesn't cover the battles over the years, just the events leading up to first contact and the initial loss of the planet. :)

i guess the flood is another race we can play/fight against?
Watching the GTTV episode, it seems that the Flood will not be playable - just Covenant and UNSC.

Back