Halo Wars E3 Demo Video

Warning to anyone who watches this: The narration is pretty awful.

That said, the game looks pretty good. However, there's nothing about how resource management is going to work.

Kudos for having the ability to just roll down dudes with the Warthog. When they initially just parked them in front of the covevant to shoot at them, I was about to be disappointed.

The battle near the end seemed a bit weak though. The dude didn't really seem to be doing anything, there was just a ton of chaos on screen and he eventually won. Though I guess for demo/tutorial purposes, that's okay.

I had some reservations too. For instance, if the infantry get wasted by grunts with needlers, just what the heck are they doing in the game :?: Cannon fodder? I hope they have different warthog variants too. The whole, "jumping the canyon" part was neat.

And ya, the battle at the end felt too... highly automated. But I guess that's kind of needed for the gamepad though. I hope to see more in the future because they didn't really go into the different types of weapons that the infantry should have available to them such as the rocket launcher or sniper rifle. Still, it was neat seeing the marines throw frag grenades when their main weapons were just the rifles. I wonder how the AI determines when to throw them.

What they could/should do is allow the marines to be able to commandeer or hijack enemy vehicles just like we saw in the Halo FPS games.

At the same time I couldn't help but wonder how they will handle multiplayer, if there will be multiplayer even. They haven't exactly mentioned being able to play the Covenant...

The lighting and shadowing was nice there.

Back