ZOMG!!!! Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide???

Each year, 768,000 people kill themselves all over the world. Now why should I pay special attention to Owen Wilson? I'm sure he hasn't got as many problems as these poor sods do.

Who asked you to pay attention? I don't think forum rules states that responding to this thread is a must...

Owen Wilson rules! I hope he gets well and is a part of many great comedies in the future.

They've done nada, zip, nothin except be famous.
Hm, have you forgotten these are "TV stars" as well?

And they're in this thread because of their tendency to drink like sponges and snort like hoovers (and get behind the wheel while under the influence).

At least everybody else mentioned was famous for something other than being famous.
I agree their fame status depend amazingly little on what they've actually accomplished in their life. Still, htey're recklessly famous and in the end that's what counts - not how they got there in the first place..
Peace.

I would say their tv show was because they were famous, not that their tv show made them famous.

But anywhoo....

Depression and drug/alcohol addiction are independant of whether you are famous or not, and strike a large portion of the human population so its not that surprising.

Of course when you are famous the latter is far easier to afford/come by and have the time for, so take it as you will.

I've also always felt that depression also tends to hit people (at an abnormal rate) who have accomplished a lot in life as well (athletes, rock stars, etc). They seem forever locked into trying to reproduce the high points of their careers, and clearly that cannot be possible statistically.

You should pay special attention to him because someone obviously gave a shit enough about this one-in-768,000 attempted suicide 'victim' to post about it. I'm sure if someone created a thread and said "My brother just tried to commit suicide", people would be all over it with their feelings of sorrow for said brother...but that brother would be just one of '768,000', just like Owen is. When you look at statistics in that way, the reason they do it becomes nullified. Whether little Johnny Brother tried to kill himself because he lost his best character in World of Warcraft, or Owen because he was forced to work beside Jackie Chan, the core point is the same... Try and see it from the family's perspective - It doesn't matter who they are to us.

That being said, I don't give two shits about Owen Wilson, but i'm sorry that he (or anyone else for that matter) has tried to kill themselves.
That goes without saying of course. I was merely referring to the hubbub around Wilson, and the lack of it in all other cases, independent of my sympathy to the family.

He shoulda thought about that before he started acting in the moving pictures!

Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's signed away his right to privacy.

All he is is famous for pete's sake he's not a special human being that should be able to deal with all of lifes problems.

Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's signed away his right to privacy.

Celebrity status alone is the signature on the deed of "Life." Owen Wilson has been in some relatively high profile movies, so a life without constant pestering from news agencies is an utter fantasy.

Ah, yes. Pete Doherty. I'm just waiting to see the final paparazzi pic of him dead on the floor of a restroom with a needle sticking out of his arm,. He's a walking OD wauiting to happen if ever I saw one. A true celebrity junkie.
Peace.
I watched him live the other day, he had some troubles with his guitar strap getting loose a lot but never stopped playing/singing. Very professional, really, and it was a good performance too.

Some pictures.

Well as long as he can't keep his nose away from that white powder he won't be professional for much longer.

It's hard to play and sing in jail btw which is where he'll end up if he doesn't die from his drug abuse.
Peae.

Yeah, everyone was prepared for a terrible concert and it turned out ok.
But he did look like he was either high, or with a terrible hangover. :D

My laugh a minute about the Wilson story was that it was Courtney Love that claimed that Steve Coogan and his lifestyle had driven Wilson to drugs and OD'ing.

Stop right there. Courtney Love... claiming someone is responsible for making someone else a drug addict? Pot. Kettle. etc.

Whether its true or not, theres a very widely held belief that this very nice lady (sic) was the one that got Cobain in all that crap, and he died... its like a parody 15 years later.

Tres amuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurt's first contact with drugs was in his teens, and the drug he first tried was shaving cream.

Yeah, I know.. WTH? It was one his best friends saying that in a documentary.
You can blame courtney for a lot of things, but certainly not for getting him into hard drugs.

Back