Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

Well, it was after a banquet. I yelled "Be careful !" at some of them in a car because the driver was waving at me instead of watching where the car was going. Then, I walked squarely and abruptly into a lamp post.

I remembered every single one of the them pointed at me (and went "Ha ha ha !"). My head was literally ringing with laughters. :LOL:

You must feel like that about all single player games then...I thought the bonuses were neat and I am currently but slowly playing through my second time.

No i dont feel like that about all singleplayer games. There are tons and tons of singleplayer games that offers me much more replayability.

Mass Effect with its 3 endings and the ability to play as different classes (thus changing gameplay significantly), is much better replay value in my book, than playing the exact same thing over, with a new skin or some other small insignificant bonus. Tons of other roleplaying games that are open ended offers much much more.

I also feel there is much more replay value in most good freeroaming games (regardless if its a shooter like crysis or an rpg), as those games often offers many ways to solve a problem, or\and can offer something thats reasonably fresh each time.

deepbrown said:
For a SP game Uncharted gives you a lot of replayability

Wow, ridiculous argument. I write up my own opinion and you simply state that it offers alot of replayability as a fact. Why? Because you can play the game (a very SHORT game) again and again? You can do that with any game. Changing the skin, or the colors it renders in, doesn't give me anything after the initial 10 seconds of looking.

Playing the game backwards (mirrored world thing) offers you nothing but shooting AI from different angles than the first one.

For me, when the SP isn't THAT good to begin with, this is worthless to me.

You may feel otherwise, but dont quote my post and simply state it offers alot, i respect your opinion, and you should respect mine.

Stating a one liner stating "it offers a lot of replayability" in reply to my own personal opinion, just makes you look like a shortminded ignorant fellow. If you disagree with my statements, make a proper argument instead. (This isn't the first time when you simply cannot accept any negative comments about PS3 exclusive games that you like, grow up).

On replayability, once they start to share out the trophies and collected treasures, it should encourage some more replay and friendly competitions.

No i dont feel like that about all singleplayer games. There are tons and tons of singleplayer games that offers me much more replayability.

Mass Effect with its 3 endings and the ability to play as different classes (thus changing gameplay significantly), is much better replay value in my book, than playing the exact same thing over, with a new skin or some other small insignificant bonus. Tons of other roleplaying games that are open ended offers much much more.

I also feel there is much more replay value in most good freeroaming games (regardless if its a shooter like crysis or an rpg), as those games often offers many ways to solve a problem, or\and can offer something thats reasonably fresh each time.

Wow, ridiculous argument. I write up my own opinion and you simply state that it offers alot of replayability as a fact. Why? Because you can play the game (a very SHORT game) again and again? You can do that with any game. Changing the skin, or the colors it renders in, doesn't give me anything after the initial 10 seconds of looking.

Playing the game backwards (mirrored world thing) offers you nothing but shooting AI from different angles than the first one.

For me, when the SP isn't THAT good to begin with, this is worthless to me.

You may feel otherwise, but dont quote my post and simply state it offers alot, i respect your opinion, and you should respect mine.

Stating a one liner stating "it offers a lot of replayability" in reply to my own personal opinion, just makes you look like a shortminded ignorant fellow. If you disagree with my statements, make a proper argument instead. (This isn't the first time when you simply cannot accept any negative comments about PS3 exclusive games that you like, grow up).

No. You've got blinkers on. Generally, as shown in my list of SP games, I'm not talking about RPG's (insanely long) or Freeroaming games. I'm talking about story driven SP games of about 10-12 hours long. From God of War, to Heavenly Sword, Prince of Persia, to Shadow of the Collossus. In comparison, Uncharted gives you more replay value than all of those games. IMO. And if you don't think it matches some of those (God of War could be said to have more replay value) then Uncharted still stands as having "a lot" of replay value for a SP game.

Naturally it doesn't offer a lot of replay value if you don't like the game. If you do, you're given a multitude of options to fulfill your desires. On the other hand, if you really liked playing Heavenly Sword and wanted some replay options to fulfill your desires, you're going to have a lot of trouble finding them.

Plus, if you measure "a lot" by RPG and Freeroaming games standards, then of course you'd say "it isn't a lot".

This isn't the first time where you've been rude and obnoxious after a seemingly innocent reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. You've got blinkers on. Generally, as shown in my list of SP games, I'm not talking about RPG's (insanely long) or Freeroaming games. .....

So now my own opinions about replayability in a SP game, has to use some made up list by you?

Why?

Why do i have to compare uncharted to other short games? They are both still singleplayer games, you just want to limit the options of comparisons to suit your own opinions.

Im not talking about insanely long RPG games. Mass Effect is about 20 hours or so if you dont rush things, 12 if you do. Its even a linear game. But i can change the story to some extents and solve problems differently, even play as another class with completely different gameplay because of it.

Obviously, some people are compelled by the ability to replay the same map over and over again, doing the exact same thing but playing it in a new color scheme, or with a new outfit. I for one am not particularly amused by these things, and thats my opinion. You may be amused by it, im not.

Hell, in my book the Hitman games offered me much more replayability because you can solve every mission in numerous ways, and you can decide on your own if you want to play it like a shooter, or be stealthy about it or whatever. You can play the entire game again, and do all the missions completely different than you did before. That is replayability in my book.

But maybe hitman isn't on your special list? Its short, and its not free roaming, and its a shooter. I dont know why a game has to be short to be on your list? Are you giving developers some special merit for making supershort games or something? So you can play them over again fast or something?

Naturally it doesn't offer a lot of replay value if you don't like the game. If you do, you're given a multitude of options to fulfill your desires

I like uncharted. I just dont think replaying the game with a new skin makes any difference in replayability in my book. A multitude of options? All you can do is do the exact same thing, with new colors or a new difficlutly mode, or playing the game backwards. I haven't encountered many SP games that doesn't offer a change in difficulty....

What is so special? The only unique thing that is of any value is the mirrored world here. Or are you going to say that you played through uncharted again, just to play it in the "next-gen filter" color look?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod:
Guys, if you don't want this thread to be locked, I'd stop continuing this pointless off-topic discussion that will lead nowhere (discussing about taste and preferences is futile).

So now my own opinions about replayability in a SP game, has to use some made up list by you?

Why?

Why do i have to compare uncharted to other short games? They are both still singleplayer games, you just want to limit the options of comparisons to suit your own opinions.

Im not talking about insanely long RPG games. Mass Effect is about 20 hours or so if you dont rush things, 12 if you do. Its even a linear game. But i can change the story to some extents and solve problems differently, even play as another class with completely different gameplay because of it.

Obviously, some people are compelled by the ability to replay the same map over and over again, doing the exact same thing but playing it in a new color scheme, or with a new outfit. I for one am not particularly amused by these things, and thats my opinion. You may be amused by it, im not.

Hell, in my book the Hitman games offered me much more replayability because you can solve every mission in numerous ways, and you can decide on your own if you want to play it like a shooter, or be stealthy about it or whatever. You can play the entire game again, and do all the missions completely different than you did before. That is replayability in my book.

But maybe hitman isn't on your special list? Its short, and its not free roaming, and its a shooter. I dont know why a game has to be short to be on your list? Are you giving developers some special merit for making supershort games or something? So you can play them over again fast or something?

I like uncharted. I just dont think replaying the game with a new skin makes any difference in replayability in my book. A multitude of options? All you can do is do the exact same thing, with new colors or a new difficlutly mode, or playing the game backwards. I haven't encountered many SP games that doesn't offer a change in difficulty....

What is so special? The only unique thing that is of any value is the mirrored world here. Or are you going to say that you played through uncharted again, just to play it in the "next-gen filter" color look?

Well rather than jumping on each other, perhaps we are refering to different concepts and different types of games. When I mentioned SP games I was talking about a particular type of SP game, whereas your definition was more holistic. Mine was menat to include games that Uncharted was included in and was trying to be - a SP story game. And in that definition, if you were to create a game with as many options to replay the game as possible, ND have done a fine job, and most other developers of these kinds of games should take note.

That's what I meant in my reply. It wasn't meant to be a counter point, it was meant to be a limiter - that within it's type Uncharted offers lots of replayability.

And I dont think any of the games in my list are short - that's the point. You think they're all short games, and possibly believe developers should make 20 hour games to be worth $60. This is neither cost effective, or good for particular games...i.e. Uncharted as a game/story would not work as a 20 hour game. I even think GOW2 is a tad long.

Good game but not great. Graphics are amazing IMO. The best i've personally seen on a console. The last few stages sucked big time which left a bad taste in my mouth after everything else was fun.

Anyone else collecting the artifacts because they believe it will become displayable items in HOME when it finally comes out?

Why, I am waiting for it to come out first before I replay for the second time. I thought the treasures were wonderful to look at. Some look very delicate and exotic.

I'm already visioning my virtual living room in HOME propped with all the artifacts :)
Yeah I know, I'm getting ahead of myself but it just seems like such a natural evolution of how achievments/artifacts should be intergrated into HOME
Why, I am waiting for it to come out first before I replay for the second time. I thought the treasures were wonderful to look at. Some look very delicate and exotic.

I'm still stuck in that level with all the numbers and the puzzles. I feel quite stupid ... if someone here feels free to spoil that section for me here, go ahead. Otherwise I'll google it or something. ;)

Extremely beautiful game though.

This is our current Tuesday Night Fun game. The treasures are fabulously shaded. Very convincing! Texture detail on this game is also second to none as I've said before. But them treasures are well worth mentioning. nothing technically amazing, just a great use of conventional graphics techniques to produce artistically spot-on results.

I'm still stuck in that level with all the numbers and the puzzles. I feel quite stupid ... if someone here feels free to spoil that section for me here, go ahead. Otherwise I'll google it or something. ;)

I was stumped too. I still don't know how I solved it. I kinda stumbled into the solution by following the Roman numerals.

You get the clue to look for a certain number (can't remember which one) you have to find you're way across the room following that number.

Back