Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

It just goes to show that you always need a timer and a score that can be kept as 'high score' and put in online tables. That way you'll always find more challenge in a game. ;)

Uncharted's hard is normal, crushing is well, crushing.
I'm having much more problems with Uncharted on crushing than R1 on superhuman, R6 Vegas on realistic or CoD4 on veteran (haven't finished that one yet though).

Thank god there is shooting through corners in Uncharted, it would be impossible otherwise.
One sec out of cover means gray screen of death. Makes the game much slower too, which takes a lot from what Uncharted normally is. I disapprove ND, clearly design doesn't scale well. Consult me next time. :)

StefanS and Ostepop, did you play it like a "traditional" stop-n-pop cover shooter ? Or did you run constantly and duke it out with the enemies ?

Actually, both (I had to unlock the secret stuff after all :p). But I did use the cover to regain some health when things got critical. I took particular liking to breaking my enemies' necks from behind though. Oh those poor sap, they never saw it coming :devilish:

I finally got my PS3s this week and got a chance to rent uncharted. Very awesome game nice graphics great game play. I liked it better than gears of war for the combat. I hope to finish it before I need to return it. One of the better games I have played this year.

Heh heh, every time someone mentioned his/her Uncharted gameplay experience, I keep wanting to see their reaction when the game takes a turn into the Twilight Zone. ;-)

I finally got my PS3s this week and got a chance to rent uncharted. Very awesome game nice graphics great game play. I liked it better than gears of war for the combat. I hope to finish it before I need to return it. One of the better games I have played this year.

What? Uncharted, a rental??? Heresy!!! :devilish:

Buy buy buy!!!! :D

@_@ My opinionated US$60 said it's worth every penny !

Anyway, have you gotten your PS3 yet ? You were saying you might want to buy one.

Despite being good, this game does not warrant putting 60 dollars down for it.

What? Why the hell not? Huge replay value. Will show off your HDTV and PS3 a treat. And everyone you have over will want to give it a go. Saying it isn't worth $60 (£30!!??) is insulting. A Blu-ray that lasts 2hours is £25. Gawd.

Floor textures - most games forget them. Not Uncharted :p

Nathan1.jpg

Nathan2.jpg

footprints.jpg

Credit: Acid, gametrailers.com

What? Why the hell not? Huge replay value. Will show off your HDTV and PS3 a treat. And everyone you have over will want to give it a go. Saying it isn't worth $60 (£30!!??) is insulting. A Blu-ray that lasts 2hours is £25. Gawd.

How many times can most people replay it? Maybe twice. And it's a short game on top of that. Online and/or co op would add more replay value. It's an ideal rental.

I replayed once at the same difficulty level. It started as a show off to a friend. One thing led to another. Before I knew it I was into the fortress and I figured I might as well settle some old scores from there and out.

Although I am not as crazy about the game as Kittonwy and may be deepbrown, I am willing to pay full price for Uncharted only because of the quality of work. I love wondering in the environment and playing with some of the mercs. Once the patch for Home comes, I'm going to explore it some more.

yes ive gotta agree this sort of game (even though i havent played it) is better as a rental.

i cant believe the makers never tacked on some multiplayer online fragfest like UT/halo/quake etc + let the community make the maps, ok it would of semi-destroyed the story :) but it would of made the game a much more valid purchase.
i 'm sure this is the reason they added online fragging to Metal gear solid, which is similar to uncharted (story first)

i cant believe the makers never tacked on some multiplayer online fragfest like UT/halo/quake etc + let the community make the maps, ok it would of semi-destroyed the story :) but it would of made the game a much more valid purchase.
I presume the reason not too was to not waste development on a game style that's completely saturated. There are so many online games to choose from, especially shooters. Uncharted, like Heavenly Sword, was focussed on being an adventure game. I don't think a low-grade hacked together online component would cut it among the competition, who'd surely drop the game online to play better renditions, and it'd damage their reputation, just to follow the current fad. If the market's not there for fantastic adventure games, then it's better not to make them and focus your efforts on what is acceptable rather than try to lull people into buying adventure games through some checkbox feature.

You may as well suggest Team ICO should have added a four-player beat-em-up mode to ICO to boost sales - Philistine ;)

How many times can most people replay it? Maybe twice. And it's a short game on top of that. Online and/or co op would add more replay value. It's an ideal rental.

A short game? It's 10-12hours. You can play through it around 3 times. Moreover, you'll show it off everytime someone new sees your PS3. Over in the UK at least renting games is rare. And I think that's a good thing. Giving developers money rather than shop owners is the way forward. Then again, there's a lot of used game sales going on.

I don't understand the renting of quality, good length games. I'd rent a game to see if I liked it, and if I did I'd buy it. Or I'd rent a game I thought might not be very good.

Oh and I'd say ND put a hell of a lot of replay into Uncharted - all the new options you can gain, a hard mode, a incredibly difficult crushing mode, new rendering, a mirrored world - which turns every level back to front, actually making it feel completely new (enemies come from different locations etc.). You can play through Uncharted again and again and it will still feel fresh. There's other SP games that could only dream of this replay value. I won't name names.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too think replay value of Uncharted is not much compared to many other games out there, but declaring it a rental means SP only gamers should not buy all those blockbusters since most of them have shorter campaign.
That sounds arrogant to me.

yes ive gotta agree this sort of game (even though i havent played it) is better as a rental.

i 'm sure this is the reason they added online fragging to Metal gear solid, which is similar to uncharted (story first)

That's why. Because it would be tacked on. Death to MP being tacked onto single player games. Both MP AND SP would suffer.

I don't get this mind set that strong, average lengthed games are not worth buying. If this is the conclusion then here's a list of games people shouldn't buy:

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Tomb Raider Series
ICO
Shadow of the Collossus
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
Soul Reaver
Prince of Persia Series

In fact, probably every game I've ever bought. If everyone thought that these games aren't worth buying and are just rentables then we can say goodbye to my favorite type of games. Strong storytelling SP games. Bring on the hoards of cookie cutter FPS/TPS with compulsory MP.

Back