Uncharted : Drake's Fortune*

Yes, this could be a surprise GOTY contender!
A great fusion of tombraider and farcry!
Large area, lots of normal maps, glossy reflections, foliage and amazing water! (graphics looks on par with halo3 to me)

I heard that was an old build from march. the enviornments look small but it 's good other then that. the guns don't seem to be working as well as they should and he seems to be using the hand-to-hand combat too much.

Couldn't find our old thread, so I thought I'd pop these in here. Some really nice new screens:

62ztcv9.jpg

66x05jb.jpg

63c4kcz.jpg

4i6kltu.jpg

Shadows

66x05jb.jpg

QUOTE]

Great picture of shadows. What is this shadow technique? I see GT5P which has jagged shadows but this one I can see shadow on drake's arm which is very smooth and detailed so you can even see shadow of enemies bracelet. Is it different techniques? Is one baked and other real?

The recent vids I saw at Gamersyde made me think of 2 things:

1) He needs some grenades.

2) Just walking through the environments has a real old-school feel to it and I'm sure I'd get a buzz just from that. In fact I'd even go so far as to say "exploring" looks more fun that the combat/shooting.

EDIT: I won't direct link them but you can find them here: http://www.gamersyde.com/game_1065_en.html - it's the gameplay vids from GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very impressed with this pic. The lighting quality is excellent, but also the art-style works really well, as though it's a convincing painting by an artist - more of a concept art look to it than a render! The DOF is also suitably subtle. This game has an awesome ambiance for me that just feels 'right' when I see movies and screenshots, though I can't pinpoint why.

The recent vids I saw at Gamersyde made me think of 2 things:

1) He needs some grenades.

2) Just walking through the environments has a real old-school feel to it and I'm sure I'd get a buzz just from that. In fact I'd even go so far as to say "exploring" looks more fun that the combat/shooting.

EDIT: I won't direct link them but you can find them here: http://www.gamersyde.com/game_1065_en.html - it's the gameplay vids from GC.

He does have grenades in the game, and you have a choice of throwing them using the SIXAXIS or regular analog stick (GoW style too).
But I don't know if you actually clip them on ur belt or anything (visually)
Still the facial animations actually do add alot to the visuals of the game, and they are amazing...

I'm very impressed with this pic. The lighting quality is excellent, but also the art-style works really well, as though it's a convincing painting by an artist - more of a concept art look to it than a render!

I love the character shaders in this game. Some may -understandably- complain about the metallic shiny look, but for the most part they look like comicbook covers.

Any word on AA?

I'm very impressed with this pic. The lighting quality is excellent, but also the art-style works really well, as though it's a convincing painting by an artist - more of a concept art look to it than a render! The DOF is also suitably subtle. This game has an awesome ambiance for me that just feels 'right' when I see movies and screenshots, though I can't pinpoint why.

Reminds me of FCI:p mud-look characters.

Shifty Geezer said:

The movement looks natural. They have quite an engine if all these are composed on-the-fly in-game.

It looks like an oil painting in my living room :)

Hi
New videos of Uncharted on Gametrailers!
SD
Video 1 (CAM)
Video 2 (CAM)

HD
Video 1 (CAM)
Video 2 (CAM)

Some nice textures.
4kp7up0.jpg

First impressions from Eurogamer.

Emotional realism is about how the characters behave along with how they look. If Nathan mistimes a jump, he stumbles. If guns are being fired at him, he recoils. If a bullet ricochets off the wall next to him, he flinches.

The enemies are clever buggers, at least when they're at a distance. They take cover convincingly, observing your movements and changing their strategy. But walk straight up to them and they don't always know how to react, leaving you free to punch their heads in. They're also a bit deaf, so it's easy to creep up on them. A few are visually impaired and won't turn around if you walk straight past them. Still, this is pre-beta code, so there's time to iron out the niggles.
Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
The impression that I'm getting from this game is that it is going to be a very big one, i.e. 20 hours or so. But we'll see.

Back