Pioneer Kuro is good for gaming

pascal

Veteran
This review of Pioneer PDP508XD is new:
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Pioneer-PDP508XD/
I used to think that plasma televisions are not suitable for console gaming because of the residual possibility of screenburn and their lower inherent brightness (relative to LCDs), but the Pioneer PDP508XD proved to be a welcome exception: image retention was virtually non-existent, and brightness could be cranked up to challenge and perhaps even exceed that on LCDs (not that I'd want to do that anyway).

The Kuro's are simply best of the best for the time being. Certainly worth the premium they carry. Makes my 5070 (last years Pioneer) downright old :(

And I have heard that Pioneer´s new models are coming this october.

Unfortunatelly Pioneer dont sell plasma here, only AVRs.

And I have heard that Pioneer´s new models are coming this october.

Unfortunatelly Pioneer dont sell plasma here, only AVRs.

Already out. Just waiting on the Elite version of the 1080P sets. The rest has been released in the US.

I'm getting ready to pickup a PDP-5080HD Kuro model the end of this month, but I'm hoping to have the 1080P Kuro models help drop the price a bit. Although every review claims the TV is worth every cent, it's still a good chunk of money. The cheapest I can find online is ~$2500 shipped (vs $3500 MSRP). Tons of great info over at AVS Forums...the bible of anything related to home theater... ;)

Back