Bioshock

The only thing is I'm wondering if I should call gamestop and see if I can change it to the collector's edition.
Do it. I preordered the collector's edition yesterday at my local Gamestop. I opted for the PC version because I have a beefy enough PC to run it (Core 2 Duo E6600, 8800GTX, etc), plus I want to have access to all the tweaks and mods that are most certainly going to be made for it. I think the included soundtrack CD in the collector's version is worth the extra cash.

I really hope the white help text there is only part of a tutorial, otherwise there hopefully (really hopefully) is an option to turn it off.

I really hope the white help text there is only part of a tutorial, otherwise there hopefully (really hopefully) is an option to turn it off.

He said it's dynamic, and it only showed up because he was sitting there taking pictures, taking too long to do anything.

Some more good ones:
4lnk58g.jpg

6cq1b8i.jpg

4m0dow1.jpg

4xmth7t.jpg

6h3wh02.jpg

6761ybq.jpg

oh man i just can't stop playing the demo, there are just so many different ways to overcome same obstacles and so many amazing details to explore in every area, i keep coming back and back (i finished it 4 times now). also thank you irrational for relasing this demo on a day that i'm off work, i'll pay you guys back with buying limited edition of your game ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow the demo is the greatest game I've yet played... graphics (best to date)... water, atmosphere, effects, lighting, sound oh my....

the inventory system and weapon changing and variety is spot on. One of the easiest, quickest schemes I've ever used in a game...

very cool game with a cool unique story and very good feeling of being immersed in a world. I'm sitting here playing, crossing my fingers that I don't get FPS sickness and so far so good because it is the first single player game I may REALLY enjoy since Resident Evil on PS1. :oops:

oh and the vita chambers are a brilliant save system IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't it UE 2.5?
from offical bioshock site

q:What engine is BioShock using?

a:BioShock is using the Unreal engine which has been massively modified by Irrational.Originally BioShock was being built on an Irrational-modified version of the Unreal 2 Engine known as Vengeance. Since then it has been ported to Unreal 3.0 and has once again been heavily modified. The game will feature some DirectX10 content for Vista users. The game also utilises Havok Physics

Not sure how far into the demo I am but damn!

This game rocks!

The graphics are totally amazing. Far better than GoW. Probably best console or otherwise graphics I've seen so far actually.

Both the overall design and actual implementation is extremely slick and the little details help to make the world come alive.

The shaders are very nice even though there's a little too mcuh shine sometimes. Hair especially look kind of like cast bronze or somesuch. Still, I find it's not much of an issue.

I'm too busy loving the art deco environments to bits.

I've purposefully avoided to read up on this game therefore I didn't know anything really about the background story or anything. I've seen the big daddy thingy of course and some random screen shots that I didn't study very closely.

Nothing of that could disrupt the feeling of "WTF!" I felt once the game started. Best feeling of "WTF!" I've had in ages.

Damn I'm glad I didn't spoil myself. Gonna buy this game for sure!

Peace.

It's sooo nice to see that Irrational is finally looking forward to inevitable success. I'm very, very tempted to get a zephyr based X360 for this... must avoid checking it out until the 65nm version is out ;)

Back