Bioshock

I'm at 9%. I haven't been this excited about a demo in a long, long time... probably since that "Half-life - day one" demo years ago.

Ok, why a 360 demo and no PC one? :|

Here's what Ken Levine had to say,

"Guys, the PC demo is simply not ready. The pc development was always a bit behind because we had more time to finish things (no submission to MS). The PC game will therefore have a bit more polish (and a couple more features like turning off loot highlight options) that 360 doesn't have.

It'll be out as soon as possible."

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=70772&postcount=401

Finally downloaded this demo and got in about 20 minutes of exploration and gameplay. Man, that download was slow, xboxlive must have been hit hard by this demo.

This game is going to be amazing. I'm so happy that I pre-ordered it last weekend. The only thing is I'm wondering if I should call gamestop and see if I can change it to the collector's edition.

The graphics are wayyyy beyond what I was expecting. I assumed the first scene was a cut scene, it was only after a while that I realized I was actually in the game. The frame rate never dropped, and I didn't see any tearing. The aliasing was a nuisance, but I became used to it after a few minutes.

Something that surprised me was the incredible atmosphere. The ambient noises, the mist, the sparks, fire, and incredible water effects everywhere you look really creates an awesome atmosphere. This was something that I didn't pick up from any of the videos.

Oh ya, did I mention the water? 'cause it's frickin' incredible! There's a video out there that shows water flowing through a glass tunnel, that part is in the demo and it just looks killer! I assumed that video was of the PC version because I thought it was out of reach for the 360, but I was obviously mistaken.

I really like the controls. It's very natural to switch from weapons to plasmid powers, this was something that concerned me since it has the potential to be fairly complicated.

I stopped playing after seeing the first big daddy, I don't want to know too much before picking up the game. Still, what I did play of the demo was, without question, AAA quality.

just finished the demo, and here are my impressions:
the graphics are amazing(best use of ue in a non-epic console game i'd say) also the art design, as expected, is first class,

the sound design is top-notch, rivalling some of the best holywood movies. if you have a good sound system, be prepared to be scared s**tless at times,

controls were not as smooth as i would expect them to be(no halo level) but then again this was only a demo with limited time/enemies/weapons/plasmids so i guess i'll see how i really feel about them when i finally get my paws on the retail version (aug 21 can't come sooner),

the combat seems deep & interesting with many different ways of killing enemies/overcoming obstacles, environmental interactions/properties add a whole new level of depth to the combat,

and lastly atmosphere...well let's just say the atmoshepre is unrivalled by any other fp game i have ever played (360 or not)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at work. This is frustrating...
3 hours (hopefully) left, 1 hour to get home, 2 hours to download the demo...
I don’t think I can take it!!!

Wow, it's been a long time that a demo impressed me as much as this one... The only thing I could possibly bicker about are the constant in your face Ayn Rand references. Now the only question is whether to preorder for PC or MS's little white whistle blower...

Wow, it's been a long time that a demo impressed me as much as this one... The only thing I could possibly bicker about are the constant in your face Ayn Rand references. Now the only question is whether to preorder for PC or MS's little white whistle blower...

Whistle blower for me, my desktop PC sucks.

Also I just found out my SAGER laptop I pruchased 4 years ago has some kind of hardware issue that I can't figure out.

I'm not sure if I want to send it for a repair when I return to the states next month or junk it and buy a new laptop. I believe my warranty is expired.

Back