Are they going to make a wireless n adapter for the 360?

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a wireless n adapter for the 360. Is there any way to get current usb n adapters to work on the 360 such as an Linksys WUSB300N, Belkin N1 usb, or Buffalo's usb n adapter, or any other make. The wireless g adapter that microsoft sells simply isn't cutting it.

They'll probably do it when the spec is finally ratified rather than make a draft n device that everyone else is still making.

Ya that would make sense as it seems the speed will go up significantly when the standard is ratified. But is there anyway to make one of those usb wireless n cards work with it because this g card is driving me crazy?

n standard is probably too fringe for MS to bother with it this gen.

Simply put not very many will have a wifi base stationthat handles the standard.

Besdes.. considering the current one costs a small fortune how expensive wouldn't a n version be.

And don't say "same price as now and the current one would be cheaper" becauee MS would sell far more of the ordinary version (gain due to people not having n compatible base stations). So their profit from wifi modules would tank. Which is not good for them.

Look for n compatibility on the x1080 instead with built-in wifi from the start.
Peace.

I doubt a USB adapter will work, you would probably be better off trying to find a n bridge if they make them yet

well I've been looking, but I'm unable to find an wireless n bridge but as soon as they make one it will be on my buy list. That was a genius idea since theres no firmware they're compatible with everything that has an ethernet port be it pc mac xbox 360 or ps3. Thanks for the tip.

n standard is probably too fringe for MS to bother with it this gen.

Actually.. the same can be said for 802.11a, which the current adapter runs... And I'm pretty sure Microsoft have said in the past they would keep the adapter up to date with changes in spec (but for the life of me, I can't find the quote)

What I *do* wish they would do, is release a bog standard 802.11g adapter, at 1/2 the price. It's great they do 11a, but even in PC cards, it's just way too expensive.

Back