The G92 Architecture Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything positive or negative on Hybrid SLI supporting multi-monitor setups.

The swedish retailer webhallen.se apparently published the price for the 8800GT a bit too early. They have since removed the page, but it can be found at google cache:
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...gt&hl=sv&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=se&client=firefox-a

The card in question is a Club 3D GeForce 8800 GT 512MB which is listed at a price of US$334 which can be compared to the cheapest 8800 GTS in the same shop, the
Albatron 8800 GTS 320MB for US$426. So a nice price drop if the info is correct!

I've just heard there's a possibility that a new part is coming in to fill the "8800-GTX-8800-Ultra's-single-GPU's-shoes" sooner than we thought... ;)
Frankly i can't seem to grasp how it could go unnoticed for so long, but we'll find out soon enough.

I've just heard there's a possibility that a new part is coming in to fill the "8800-GTX-8800-Ultra's-single-GPU's-shoes" sooner than we thought... ;)
Frankly i can't seem to grasp how it could go unnoticed for so long, but we'll find out soon enough.

What does it mean?? You`re talking about GF8800GT??

Higher than 8800 GTS or 8800 GT, that's what i understood from his words.
But hey, it's just the rumor of a possibility, so take that news lightly.

Well so if there is a possibility NVIDIA could push new Highend part sooner than later then it means that this GPU really exists. Maybe it is a famous 1Tflop part?

One guy from Xtremesystems forum wrote a few weeks ago that in November this year we will see a new highend SINGLE GPU from NVIDIA - 128SP or more@2,4Ghz, 384-bit, GDDR4 3200....
He said we will se performance boost about 30-40% over GF8800GTX....

Maybe your source is talking about the same highend GPU?? I hope so :)

Define sooner! Some of us have a 90day step program to deal with :p

MSI 8800GT
msi8800gtyc2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well since everst lists texel fillrate wrong for all 8800 cards, for example it shows texture fill rate based on 20 tmu on the GTS instead of 24. and since 4xtmu = SP and since 8800 GT has 112 sp, would it make sense to think it has 28 tmu and 16 ROPs?

The mysterious G90? That would be great. One more source and I'd say it's confirmed! :p

What about ~800/2400MHz, with a consumption on 88GTX-level or a bit below like I heard?

I'm going to wait and see how well the GT overclocks on water and/or at higher voltage before getting my hopes up. Sounds sexy though....920+ GFlops surely is close enough to 1TFlop to fulfill Nvidia's promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back