The old and unwieldy GTA4 thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, so the game is being sold early. Now someone needs to hurry up and do a good 360/PS3 comparison, I want to know which version to get :)

Cool, so the game is being sold early. Now someone needs to hurry up and do a good 360/PS3 comparison, I want to know which version to get :)

Keep a look out for a special Eurogamer article. Hopefully, it comes in a timely manner. :)

Eurogamer are doing a head-to-head, and every time they do one of these, XB360 trumps PS3. So to keep to standards, PS3 will be mostly the same but with inferior draw distance, less people, and far worse frame-rate :p

Eurogamer are doing a head-to-head, and every time they do one of these, XB360 trumps PS3. So to keep to standards, PS3 will be mostly the same but with inferior draw distance, less people, and far worse frame-rate :p

PlanetGTA spreads more rumors of PS3 version being superior:

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/

Interesting indeed, I myself - who is a big fan of the Xbox 360 - will be getting the PlayStation 3 version, as I've read and heard personally from people who have played the game already that this version is undoubtedly superior to the Xbox 360. Granted, not as much that I would recommend going out to buy a PS3 console if you have a 360 already. Too bad that episodic content is Xbox exclusive, is Take-Two/Rockstar regretting that decision now?

;)

Haha so true... nothing wrong with being optimistic :)

PlanetGTA spreads more rumors of PS3 version being superior:

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/

And not spreading rumours one way or the other:

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/news_feature_comments/b49785/19790124/p1/

I expect both versions to be nearly identical. If the PS3 version were better, I'd expect texture resolution or sound fidelity more than framerate or draw distance, only because Rockstar complained of the DVD size limitation and may have cut corners on the 360.

And to be clear, I've never played either and that is 100% a guess.

How many retailers do you need as proof?

The PS3 version was the first that retailers couldn't guarantee pre-orders with, now Asda and Comet confirming there is more demand for the PS3 version, and only one retailer says they are selling more 360 versions but are giving away 1,000 xbox points with it.

Not really much a deduction, more looking at the evidence and forming the correct opinion, something I believe is beyond you in this case.

In woolworths they have a whole wall containing GTA4 and GT5p...GTA4 isn't even on the small Xbox 360 stand...they're featuring Army of Two on there. I remember when they had a big 360 stand and like one line of PS3 games.

PS3 GTAIV bundle in Europe

Grand Theft Auto® IV to be bundled with 40GB PLAYSTATION®3

April 23rd 2008: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today confirmed the release of an official Grand Theft Auto IV bundle exclusively for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).The bundle, available on April 29, 2008, will consist of a PLAYSTATION®3 40GB model, a SIXAXIS™ wireless controller and a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV, the latest title in the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise, all for just €439 (RRP).

“We are delighted to offer the millions of PS3 and GTA fans the ultimate gaming package,” said David Reeves, President, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV) is the eleventh, upcoming installment of the best-selling Grand Theft Auto video game franchise.

sorry if this is old news.

Sony has some nice bundles... GT5P, GTA4 and MGS4.

This guy was playing and sharing the video of the GTA of his gameplay in live .. Famous in all world. Then this happens ...

http://www.justin.tv/portuguese1

ClickOut.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back