Beowulf - Uncanny Valley Reloaded

Well I used to think Davy Jones was merely an actor under a lot of makeup/mask. He's not. It could be mainly because I'm within the "typical viewer" crowd and don't have the eyes for it, but I was really surprised to find this out.

Well, Davy Jones is the new benchmark for CGI characters (and they rightfully got the Visual Effects Oscar). In contrast to him (to be honest, now that I think of it: to a lot of CGI stuff that came out over the last few years), I can't help to find the Beowulf trailer just pathetic from a technical POV...
If they can't/can't afford to achieve the neccessary perfection to surpass that "Uncanny Valley" look, it would've been wise for them to go a more stylized design IMO.

I refuse to download Quicktime myself. Anything that wants to put an icon on my tray for NO reason doesn't deserve to be on my computer.

That always annoys me too, Real Player is the worst!

Ironically now that I own a Mac, apps (including Quicktime) seem to be less intrusive in that respect.

The film looks interesting, thought the CGI looked good enough (i.e. I should be able to concentrate on the story rather than the CGI). I am more interested in the fact that it is the Beowolf story, and that it has a script by Neil Gaiman :)

CC

Guys, just google for Quicktime Alternative for Media Player Classic and you'll be fine.

I like the looks and looking forward to this. I don't mind that it looks like CG since well, it is CG after all. Still looks killer IMO.

Back