For comparison, May Canada npd:

Wii: 37,300
DS: 35,900
PS2: 18,200
PSP: 15,000
360: 12,300
PS3: 6,500
GBA: 6,100

May was 4 weeks, June is 5 weeks for NPD data.

Edit: update with official USA NPD, ripped from Evilore at gaf:

Playstation 3 -- 98.5k
Xbox 360 -- 198.4k
Wii -- 381.8k
DS -- 561.9k
PSP -- 230.1k

Top SKU's June 2007

01. Wii Mario Party 8 -- 426.2k
02. Wii Play w/ remote -- 293.2k
03. NDS Pokemon Diamond Version -- 288.4k
04. NDS Pokemon Pearl Version -- 214.7k
05. 360 Forza Motorsport 2 -- 197.40k
06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar -- 177.6k
08. Wii Pokemon Battle -- 157.9k
09. Wii Resident Evil 4
10. 360 The Darkness
11. PS2 Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
12. PS2 Transformers: the Game
13. 360 Tenchu z
14. NDS New Super Mario Bros
15. PS2 Tomb Raider: Anniversary
16. Wii Super Paper Mario
17. 360 Transformers: The Game
18. PS2 MLB '07: The Show
19. Wii Big Brain Academy: Wii
20. 360 Dirt

Last edited by a moderator:
So PS3 was the only console not to sell more in June (five week month) then in May (four week month).. Also Wii sold over 8 times as much as PS3 in June :eek:

The Wii outsold the DS. Wow......

This would be interesting if the DS is in ample supply. I know I see dry spells or the DS time to time at some local stores.

Anyone from canada and would like to comment on the supply of the ds?

Even still the Wii is completely destroying the 360 and PS3. It sold over 2x as much as both combined just jaw dropping.

DS lite seems to be really easy to buy here. I think I see them pretty much every time I'm in a retailer that would carry them. I've seen PS3s sitting on the shelf. I've never seen a Wii just sitting, waiting to be bought. I lucked out and got mine really early on. I've never paid much attention to the 360 stock.

Just imagine the 360 numbers when Microsoft drops the price of the core.

Yet to be determined.

There is far more demand for Wii regardless of price..

In fact, Core hasn't proven yet to sell at all. It's generally ~10% of 360 sales from what info we have.

I'm a strong supporter of the Core sku, dont get me wrong. I'd just find it more likely the premium SKU will continue to be far and away the top 360 sku seller after a price drop.

The fact is, Core is just $50 more than Wii as it is. If it was true that $250 was the sole cause of Wii's success, Core's would be flying off shelves a lot faster as they are already relatively close in price.

Yet to be determined.

There is far more demand for Wii regardless of price..

In fact, Core hasn't proven yet to sell at all. It's generally ~10% of 360 sales from what info we have.

I'm a strong supporter of the Core sku, dont get me wrong. I'd just find it more likely the premium SKU will continue to be far and away the top 360 sku seller after a price drop.

The fact is, Core is just $50 more than Wii as it is. If it was true that $250 was the sole cause of Wii's success, Core's would be flying off shelves a lot faster as they are already relatively close in price.

Ok. Let's review prices and basic things to get with a system. Core with a Game is over $360. Not including taxes. With a memory card it's closer to $400.
Yes A sufficient Core price drop would definitely raise attention and strike interest among the casuals. There's over a $80 difference here compared to the wii. Which has a game included mind you. A game where it seems all the casuals that buy it dosn't have a reason to buy and other games.

A core at $199 with memory unit and cordless controller would be pretty attractive. With the current pricing & configuration, it's like they don't want to sell the core.

I completely agree a 199 core with a memory card and component cable would do very well. There are lots of people with out high speed or don't want to go online with their consoles. A core would be perfect for them.

why do you think the core will sell beter than before just because it is 200$?
within a few month the N will be able to ship enought wii,so the customer will not have reason to buy an xbcore.

Now replaced by the Wii Nunchuck, but still comes in second. Will be interesting to see what the real impact has been when we get NPD's July numbers.

Agreed, I hope NPD releases the July numbers earlier (relatively) than what they did with the June numbers. I kind of see the effect of price cuts as a mini-launch, meaning that it will create a temporal spike in the sales numbers, therefore July numbers won't imo tell very accurately how the demand of the PS3 has changed. 499$ is still in my opinion too much to make them "fly of the shelves" for a longer period of time, but I quess time will tell. In any case the upcoming holiday season is probably going to be the most interesting season in the console world, since... well ever.

Back