[PSN] Noby Noby Boy

Thanks for the info (I thought I tapped L2/R2 furiously but nothing happened. Probably too big to eat). I tried to grab the clouds once it got too long, but it's hard to control. Should have a FPS view so I know when to dive into the donut hole of the cloud.

What generated the :love: icons ? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

The hearts are the equivalent of 'dust clouds' from moving. Keita Takahashi said there's no reason for that, other than being more positive.

Thanks for the info (I thought I tapped L2/R2 furiously but nothing happened. Probably too big to eat). I tried to grab the clouds once it got too long, but it's hard to control. Should have a FPS view so I know when to dive into the donut hole of the cloud.

What generated the :love: icons ? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
Don't tap, just half hold down L2....then you can shovel them in.

And yes it's tapping r2/L2 to take off...but Boy an just hover by pointing analogue sticks.

Don't tap, just half hold down L2....then you can shovel them in.

And yes it's tapping r2/L2 to take off...but Boy an just hover by pointing analogue sticks.

Yap, I got the hang of it. The only thing left is the camera control. It's possible to get stuck in some awkward camera position (pressing L1/R1 didn't help). What's the key to reset the camera ?

The gameplay reminds me of a 2-3 year old child "noodling" with his food (Think Udon). It's a rather universal act. I can see why the game "clicked" with some people :). I think the most fun part is waiting for the village to be generated.

Yap, I got the hang of it. The only thing left is the camera control. It's possible to get stuck in some awkward camera position (pressing L1/R1 didn't help). What's the key to reset the camera ?

It's the camera tracking that gets messed up sometimes. By default the camera will want to track the center of the snake. If you hold down the L1 button and then press either left or right on the dpad you can move the tracking positions toward the head or tail.

Personally I would have liked a mode that always tracked the head. Right now you have to kind of re calibrate the camera after stretching.

I just noticed that Amazon lists a disc version of Noby Noby Boy to be released June 30, 2009. Weird.

I wish there was a way to turn off the lilting guitar strumming BGM but beyond that, I am finding this "game" pretty addictive as far as emergent gameplay goes. I definitely hope it sells enough to get a few more updates.

Cheers

I bought this. I'm still not sure why. :-| But going online for the first time, I see that GIRL has reached Mars. Hooray. I think. Now some martian flower-headed lion thing is nosing on our North Pole. I hope he ain't sucking out all our ozone. :devilish:

I have a friend that has considered buying a PS3 solely for this game, he can play the thing for hours. It can be pretty relaxing for sure though I find the music rather grating after a while (unlike Katamari).

Cheers

H*ly crap... you mean Therapeutic moment ? Possible. I have my own strange therapeutic chores (washing dishes). My wife has her own. I think everyone has one.

That's the Sun, isn't it?
Oh yeah. For the music, you can switch it off or change it, so it's not a problem IMO. It's good music too.

I combined something yesterday. I don't know what. Any know what the placards are some of the people carry? I see a lot of navy-blue Y's painted on card being held above people's heads. I thought it was a clue to get them a letter Y, but I've never found this letter.

I have a friend that has considered buying a PS3 solely for this game, he can play the thing for hours. It can be pretty relaxing for sure though I find the music rather grating after a while (unlike Katamari).

Cheers

The music used to be annoying, since it was one track. But there's about 20 now which you can choose :) Some of them are cool

Oh yeah. For the music, you can switch it off or change it, so it's not a problem IMO. It's good music too.

I combined something yesterday. I don't know what. Any know what the placards are some of the people carry? I see a lot of navy-blue Y's painted on card being held above people's heads. I thought it was a clue to get them a letter Y, but I've never found this letter.
lol. Have you written on Noby Noby Boy? Maybe this will write on the billboards too. I should send you a message through noby Noby...it's funny :D

And if you eat Noby Noby Boy (ie. the letters) you'll get a trophy

Okay. I guess that's it, just try stuff. But I guess I'm thinking too logically. eg. I assume the character options I have each random map actually spell something, but I can' fathom what.

I also shrunk my BOY to tiny, and now he can't eat anything. How do I make him grow?!

Back