any chance mp3 will allow use of vc classic controller?

ballsweat

Banned
i've pretty much wriiten off anything for the wii, except maybe the vc, but is there any chance nintendo will allow you to use the classic controller for mp3?

metroid series is really one of the only nintendo franchises i'm crazy about (maybe that's b/c it's one of the few not done by miyamoto) so i'd hate to not be able to play it without the wiimote.

i just saw super mario galaxy and the graphics kind of changed my opinion of the wii along w/ the latest mp3 shots.

but i don't want to play them with the wiimote.

i'm too old-school and too conservative for that shit.

have you played any wii games that make good use of the wiimote? You need to do some parts with the wii controller in order to do things like open a door (inserting key motion, turning key motion, etc.) but the rest of the game could be completely done on a GC controller. The way you use the wiimote/nunchuk in this game is that you can aim manually at the enemy or you can press the button to lock on but it's not uncomfortable at all. If you just like feeling a controller in your hands, the wii remote/nunchuk combo is very easy to use and the only odd thing (at first) is not ever pushing the D-pad with your left thumb.

There is little to no chance. The whole game is designed around the remote.
but i don't want to play them with the wiimote.
The remote is basically the whole entire point of the Wii system. Wii games that don't use the remote should be about as common as 64 games that didn't use the thumbstick.

There is little to no chance. The whole game is designed around the remote.

The remote is basically the whole entire point of the Wii system. Wii games that don't use the remote should be about as common as 64 games that didn't use the thumbstick.

thanks to both of you=)

i'm sure no one agrees with me about this, but if they're going to make a system with a radically different controller, then they should only make radically different games for it.

metroid is a generations old series, and i really don't want to play it with a wiimote, so i guess i'm not going to.

nintendo should've made a system that was as powerful as the ps3 (or had trade-offs) with the vc classic controller as it's controller, in addition to the wii and just had 2 systems-- a powerful hardcore gamers' system with traditional games and then the wii.

wow, sucks to be you ;) i mean you're welcome to your opinion and all, but i'm pretty old school and curmudgeonly about gaming and all that too. However, there are several good games for the wii. the remote is great IMO. there are a bunch of crap titles so far, too, but i'm looking forward to this system coming of age. if you haven't yet, try Elebits...

wow, sucks to be you ;) i mean you're welcome to your opinion and all, but i'm pretty old school and curmudgeonly about gaming and all that too. However, there are several good games for the wii. the remote is great IMO. there are a bunch of crap titles so far, too, but i'm looking forward to this system coming of age. if you haven't yet, try Elebits...

I have to agree and I think it was a good decision by Ninendo to go this way. Just imagine playing a golf game with the WiiMoto (is that the right name?) and such games, total immersion.

thanks to both of you=)
metroid is a generations old series, and i really don't want to play it with a wiimote, so i guess i'm not going to.

That really is a shame. I honestly don't believe this game could be played with a standard remote. In past Prime games there have been a limited number of enemies engaged with Samus at any given time due to the slowness of locking on, waiting for them to show their weakness and blasting away. This time the number of enemies on screen has increased many fold. I really doubt that a player could cope with all of them with a classic controller. I also would bet a good chunk of cash that a lot of boss fights will revolve around unique wiimote functionality.

BTW, did you stick with Metroid when it went from 2D to 3D? If so, then why not have some faith that the control scheme will also make a successful transition.

nintendo should've made a system that was as powerful as the ps3 (or had trade-offs) with the vc classic controller as it's controller, in addition to the wii and just had 2 systems-- a powerful hardcore gamers' system with traditional games and then the wii.

o.o; that would have been the end of Nintendo. Nintendo had been loosing market share for two consecutive generations (N64 and Gamecube), while going toe to toe, technology wise, with its competitors. I don't see any reason to expect it would have gone differently this time. If they had made two consoles, one high end and one Wii... they'd have split their development resources in half and not been able to get enough games out to either system, and also have pissed off loyal customers who had to buy two consoles.

Seriously, making two home gaming systems would have killed Nintendo. Despite what Nintendo says to the contrary, I really believe that the Wii we have is designed around the idea of, "Okay... this controller is really bizarre... it could blow up in our faces and fail horribly. We'd better not spend our usual development budget on technology. If a suped up Gamecube fails... we can survive. If something that cost us as much as the PS3 to develop fails with its gimicky new remote... we die. "

Obviously, the gamble paid off, but I doubt it would have paid off half as well if it had been bundled with a $400 system. I wish the Wii was a bit more powerful, but from a business perspective, you can't argue that Nintendo made the wrong decision.

o.o; that would have been the end of Nintendo. Nintendo had been loosing market share for two consecutive generations (N64 and Gamecube), while going toe to toe, technology wise, with its competitors.

Just a quick correction. Nintendo had been losing massive marketshare since the SNES days. NES sold ~60m consoles and had ~90% of the market. SNES sold ~45m consoles and had ~55% of the market. N64 sold ~30-35m consoles and had ~25% of the market. Gamecube sold ~20m consoles and had ~10-15% of the market.

The Wii has reversed the trend that started 17 years ago with the introduction of the SNES. :)

Only Sony has bucked the trend of declining marketshare and sales from one generation to the next, when discussing a market leader, with the PS1->PS2 migration. Atari lost it, Nintendo lost it, Sony had it and has lost it with the PS3, Nintendo seems to have reclaimed it with the Wii.

That really is a shame. I honestly don't believe this game could be played with a standard remote. In past Prime games there have been a limited number of enemies engaged with Samus at any given time due to the slowness of locking on, waiting for them to show their weakness and blasting away. This time the number of enemies on screen has increased many fold. I really doubt that a player could cope with all of them with a classic controller. I also would bet a good chunk of cash that a lot of boss fights will revolve around unique wiimote functionality.

BTW, did you stick with Metroid when it went from 2D to 3D? If so, then why not have some faith that the control scheme will also make a successful transition.

o.o; that would have been the end of Nintendo. Nintendo had been loosing market share for two consecutive generations (N64 and Gamecube), while going toe to toe, technology wise, with its competitors. I don't see any reason to expect it would have gone differently this time. If they had made two consoles, one high end and one Wii... they'd have split their development resources in half and not been able to get enough games out to either system, and also have pissed off loyal customers who had to buy two consoles.

Seriously, making two home gaming systems would have killed Nintendo. Despite what Nintendo says to the contrary, I really believe that the Wii we have is designed around the idea of, "Okay... this controller is really bizarre... it could blow up in our faces and fail horribly. We'd better not spend our usual development budget on technology. If a suped up Gamecube fails... we can survive. If something that cost us as much as the PS3 to develop fails with its gimicky new remote... we die. "

Obviously, the gamble paid off, but I doubt it would have paid off half as well if it had been bundled with a $400 system. I wish the Wii was a bit more powerful, but from a business perspective, you can't argue that Nintendo made the wrong decision.

good point about the 2d-> 3d transition.

i don't know many people that expected mp1 to turn out okay when it was first announced, due to the fact that the legendary G. Yokoi died in a tragic auto/road accident in 97. In fact from the time it was announced, up until I saw a demo in eb, just a month before it came out, i had just pretty much ignored mp1.

however, i didn't like mp 2 much, but i beat it anyway. i liked mp1 much better.

I really wish that the original r&d team was still all together and nintendo's current console was more powerful than it's competitors plus used the vc controller and made a remake of super metroid and they could've called the remake metroid 3 (the lesser known name.)

it sucks ass that could never happen.

but you're right, if nintendo had 2 consoles at once, what happened to sega would happen to them but it actually half wouldn't b/c nintendo would not accept making games for consoles that they lost to. sega was always the opposite of nintendo's arrogance.

Only Sony has bucked the trend of declining marketshare and sales from one generation to the next
Interesting to see all the figures assembled like this in one place. Good post!

I'd like to add that it's very likely tthe 360 will sell more than the original xbox. And Wii hasn't actually sold more than the GC yet has it? I mean...it's popular and all. But it can't be THAT popular?
Peace.

Back