Unreal Tournament III Discussion *renamed*

I'm speechless, and torn between "stupid because it's too late" and "awesome seeing a game being supported so long after its release".
Still nice to see a mod browser finally getting included.

Ha ha, better late than never from a consumer's perspective ! I will definitely check out the new mod browser, but first I need to find my UT3 disc. :)

Hey Sega, see this ? Puh...lease bring more Valkyria Chronicles awesomeness and Yakuza 3 to us.

Awesome man, thanks :D

That works out wonderfully, as I get back from my current mission on the 5th of March, just in time to download the Titan Pack and dig my hands into some UT3 goodness! I played it a lot when it released, but the community got rather small rather quickly, so I had no one to play with (PS3).

Maybe I'll be able to con some folks into playing it with me :LOL:

More info about the Titan patch: http://www.destructoid.com/unreal-tournament-iii-s-titan-pack-gets-pushed-back-123769.phtml

Epic Games' Steve Polge broke the news earlier today, saying that "the certification process for the PS3 patch and DLC has taken much longer than we expected. As a result, we have been forced to push back the release date for the PS3 version to 3/19."

On the bright side, Polge added the following: "The PC patch contains updates that will improve mods cooked for PS3, so we'll be taking advantage of this extra time to work with mod authors to make sure the best mods for UT3 are cooked with the latest patch."

Trailer showing the patch content:
http://planetunreal.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=156998

This should complement KZ2 and R2 very well.

Well that's a pity, though good for play.com, because they haven't shipped mine yet and that order will definitely be cancelled if I see the game around for a half-decent price elsewhere when the patch is out.

BAH! Well, I'm glad they're adding stuff, I was just really excited to get home today and start playing some UT3 :(

2.0 patch is live now in NA, it has split screen, trophies and the mod browser (very slick!). The Titan pack must be DLC, but it must not be out yet, I don't see it.

2.0 patch is live now in NA, it has split screen, trophies and the mod browser (very slick!). The Titan pack must be DLC, but it must not be out yet, I don't see it.

Great Scott ! Why did all the FPSes come alive all of a sudden ? ^_^

I believe Socom Confrontation also received patch 1.41 today (or yesterday).

It prompted me to go and check my play.com order status, and it says packing ... Good for them, I might have cancelled it otherwise after not receiving killzone two weeks after the shipping date.! Now I guess I'll give them two weeks from shipping again, I think Killzone will last me in the meantime. ;)

I patched to 2.0 last night. The Mod Browser looks like a simple folder navigator. There doesn't seem to be a way for me to preview the mods (like on a web page). Am I missing anything ?

In a total surprise, I got Unreal Tournament III in the mail this morning! That's a record time delivery for me from play.com. I did notice that Killzone was delivered with some form of DHL service (white envelope), where this time the game was delivered by the usual service I think (brown).

I briefly tried some of the game, downloaded a mod, etc. The mod browser right now works but as patsu said is nothing fancy. Still, it works ... Will be interesting to see if and what the Titan pack adds to this once it comes out.

Game is nice and smooth, though of course it's weird playing it after Killzone 2. But it's really easy to pick up and play, I was at home with the controls instantly. Haven't tried mouse and keyboard yet, but don't think this will be something I'll use anyway, as I'm comfortable with the controller.

Although the game was patched a few weeks ago, the Titan content pack is available today in US PS Store: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/18/free-unreal-tournament-3-titan-pack-lands-tomorrow/

...the new Titan Pack expansion for Unreal Tournament 3 will be available on the PlayStation Store starting tomorrow, and it’s completely free.

Unreal Tournament 3 Titan Pack icon

The Titan Pack’s downloadable content includes the gametypes Greed and Betrayal, the namesake Titan mutator, 19 maps, the Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon weapons, the Stealthbender vehicle, the Slow Field power-up, and characters Kana and Nova.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/968/968783p1.html

Take one awesome mutator, two new game modes and a ton of maps and you've got an excellent expansion for Unreal Tournament III. The Titan Pack expands the replayability of the game and breathes fresh life into a shooter that you might not have played for about a year or so. While the added vehicle seems to be rarely included in the pack and some of the secondary elements, like the Eradicator turret, don't seem too useful, the main focus of the pack -- Greed, Betrayal and the Titan mutator -- are more than enough to make this an awesome title.

Plus, it's free! Go and grab this pack now and if you're a PS3 owner, start playing these two modes and expand on the number of servers available. It's your Unreal civic duty.
IGN Ratings for Unreal Tournament III: Titan Pack (PS3)

8.5 Presentation
No story necessary -- all you need to know is that for free, you get two new modes, one new mutator and plenty of extras to expand on your multiplayer experience.
9.5 Graphics
The visuals are exactly the same as that of the original release -- stunning and incredible to behold as you frag enemies all day and night. Some of the new maps are truly beautiful.
9.0 Sound
The same sound effects make a return and the scream of a titan or behemoth when they mutate is truly awesome -- you'll keep an eye out when these monsters come stomping across a level.
8.5 Gameplay
Greed and Betrayal are extremely fun to play, but some new maps don't take advantage of the turrets, deployables or Stealthbender vehicles as they should. That's disappointing for a multiplayer pack.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
PS3 owners, where are you? You're missing out on one of the most enjoyable packs in a while, especially with Greed and Betrayal to keep you playing for weeks and weeks.
Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Have the visuals been updated? How does it compare to the X360 version now?

How is the splitscreen experience?

Its pretty cool they added splitscreen. I thought it couldn't be done on the PS3 version due to speed issues?

I think the dev mentioned that they didn't have the time/incentive to do split screen for the PS3 when it was first implemented for the 360. Remember the 360 version was released later ?

Back